Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
***Anna Sui Hairbrush***
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Ladys!
Im not quite sure,if I should buy this brush...Dont understand me wrong,its such a beautyful brush,verry fairy-typical Anna Sui like...I read just good reviews on MUA.Its a paddle brush(i desperatly need a paddle brush!)and it even has a perfect bristles-match...---But this brush is soooo pricy:40$ Rolling Eyes
what do you think? Very Happy
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I do if I am on a budget Very Happy
Wait 1 week, hopefully it will be sold out/not on special, or I've lost interest

But usually, I want it even more!

Laughing
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy good idea...But im thinking about it circa one month Laughing
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
okay,my old brush is kaput...(dont ask how Rolling Eyes )
So I actually have to buy a new brush Bad Grin
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Well, if you compare the price of the Anna Sui brush to the price of a Pearson Mason, which is supposed to the holy grail of natural-bristled paddle brushes, then $40 is really a bargain because I think the PM brushes costs between $60-$80....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Yeah,thats right... Bad Grin
do you have a pm?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
...except mason pearson are the best Smile

Mine is 20 years old and still in good shape, despite being used to groom both horses and dogs (don't ask what I did to the little $ods when I found out Bad Grin )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Sweety Smarty wrote:
do you have a pm?
Nope, I have an imitiation that I got at Sallys Beauty that's supposed to be as good as the PM....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
whats so special about the pm?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I don’t know! But all of the celeb hair stylists, supermodels, celebs and all of the fashion/beauty magazines in the U.S. say that the Pearson Mason (you know, it could be Mason Pearson, now that I think about it! Confused ) pure boar’s hair bristle hair brush is the very best hair brush in the world. Maybe it’s just a *status* thing, rather than the brush actually having any kind of superior performance, because I just checked on MUA and the reviews weren’t all that impressive...? But all I know is that supposedly the MP or PM (or whatever the hell it’s called!!) is supposed to be the ultimate hair brush that one can own.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Quote:
This is what I do if I am on a budget
Wait 1 week, hopefully it will be sold out/not on special, or I've lost interest

But usually, I want it even more!

That's exactly what I do! If it's something I don't "need," which is usually the case, I make myself wait....two days, four days, one week or a month...depending on the item and the cost. And there are times when my self-imposed "wait time" is over, and think.....what was I thinking????? This methodology works! (but then there are those times when I want something, make myself wait, it's gone, or if it's a sale item, the sale is over and I kick myself for a week!

I'm doing this now with a fabulous stretch velvet jacket. I love this year's fall fashions that are out in the stores now....fitted jackets, belted suits, chocolate browns, deep purples, and black....in fabulous textures. Anyway, this velvety fitted jacket (it's either Tommy, DKNY or Calvin (can't remember, but they were in that area of the store when I had two minutes to take a quick peek and try one on), comes in four colors...great look and feel....versatile enough to wear with a cotton button-up and great jeans and heels, or a blouse and skirt. They just hit the floor at full price....I want one, but I'm making myself wait!!! Argggggg! This is so difficult for me. I just refuse to pay retail on clothes. I'll just have to stop in during lunch every other day and run the risk of my size being sold out. But what joy I'll feel if I get that jacket at a reduced rate! (As soon as this hits even 10% off, it's M-I-N-E!)

so sorry for the rant....thanks for listening to me!

p.s. I must confess....if I come across something specific that I need for an event or party, I will make an occasional exception to my no-retail rule.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I hope youll get your Jacket Wink
I just bought my 2 faaavorit soundtracks,without thinkig about it Rolling Eyes (Original Sin and Girl Interupted,BTW)i love the Movies... and the brush can wait until it is sold Not talking (i know,that i cant keep this promise Very Happy )

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:22 am      Reply with quote
God, I wish I had the willpower to wait like the two of you, but when I see or read about something that I want, then I have to buy it immediately! It’s like, I want what I want when I want it!! Not very good for my pocketbook, but thankfully if one of my impulse purchases doesn’t work out, 9 times out of 10, I’m able to return it or exchange it for the next “must have” item that has caught my eye. Embarassed

My name is CareKate and I have a problem....

ETA: Debra - it sounds like your jacket is a piece that could be a staple in your wardrobe for many years to come, rather than a fad piece that you’ll only be able to wear one season. If that’s the case, you have my full permission and blessing to go ahead and get your jacket before they’re gone! Wink Very Happy Seriously though, if it’s article of clothing that can be a “cornerstone” of one’s wardrobe, then I think it’s okay to splurge on designer pieces now and again. But here’s another suggestion: have you looked for your beloved jacket on Ebay to see if you can get a good deal now? I know I’m probably tempting you to break your vow and for that I apologize. But I still think you should go for it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:07 am      Reply with quote
If you really need a hairbrush, then Kent do a really good value version of the MP. It has the same cushioning and natural bristles (though with the addition of porcupine Shock ) with a beech handle.

They go from £10 for one with added plastic bobble ended spikes (if ya know what I mean) to £13 for the large pure bristle.

The main downside to them is that they have beechwood handles, which look nice, but I'm not sure how they'd hold up to repeated washing.

Either way, they have more history of hairbrush manufacture than Anna Sui (and more than MP I think at over 300 years!), so is a better bet in my opinion.

Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Guappa Very Happy
yeahhh,that were the BETTER opnion....
but the brush is so pretty Drool
Carry,i have the same problem...And i have always some idee fixes Rolling Eyes especially for my room,its ridiculous Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:42 am      Reply with quote
tut tut!

you shouldn't be swayed by pretty packaging! I know I never am;)

(...hopes sweety doesn't check out past posts on estee lauder!)

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing the funny thing is that some of my frinds actually call me Sway.(dont think they even know what Sway means Rolling Eyes )got this name afer an Angelina Jolie Movie(they were finaly tired to call me Angelina Rolling Eyes Very Happy )
The guys on MUA said the Brush were great Not talking Very Happy

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |