Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HYLEXIN for serious, dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Have you used HYLEXIN? Do you think it works?

No. I haven't tried it yet & I'm not interested.
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
No. I haven't tried it yet, but I may - depending on this thread
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Yes. And it's a complete waste of money.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Yes. And it's okay, but I wouldn't spend $95 on it again.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but not long enough to form an opinion
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

EJB
5% products discount

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Okay, many have seen the little ad (w/the lady & the black stripes under her eyes). So this crap is expensive ($95) and I really wanted to know if it worked before I bought it. But I couldn't find a product review anywhere...so I got it anyway. To this end, I figured I'm not the only person who wants to if this works (and I can't be the only person who's tried it). I've only been using it for a few days, so I really encourage everyone else w/ a story to put it out there (please).
Anyways, here's the synopsis (so far)...the FIRST night I used it...when i woke up and looked in the mirror there was a NOTICEABLE difference. My circles weren't as dark (and that was after staying up 3hours after application and staring at the computer eBaying)... I was suprised. I've been using it 2x a day and I guess it's working, but not as noticeable as the first day. (It's only been 3 days though).
2 things I want to note: (1) I think if you have puffiness, you'd still have to use another product (I suggest Clinique "all about eyes"...but wait a little while after applying THIS product. (2)[I hope I'm not the only one who thought this], the product is NOT black...its a cream that goes on clear.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add this as a choice on the poll:
Yes, but not long enough to form an oponion. DARN!!

Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:54 am      Reply with quote
EJB wrote:
I forgot to add this as a choice on the poll:
Yes, but not long enough to form an oponion. DARN!!

Not to worry, I've just added it Smile

5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
hey everyone...im sorry i didn't do my reaserch before posting this.
I've recently been looking at old topics and reading and I saw that there was a LOONNNNNGGG thread about this already.
I still didn't read all of that one, Anxious
but the question of what's IN hylexin came up...I guess it was in there but got erased...Ill post what's on my bottle for anyone who wanted to know but doesnt want to look through 9 pages of posts:

"Hylexin is a proprietary blend of the following:
Water,
Glycerin,
Cyclopentasiloxane,
Polysilicone-11,
Silica,
Cetyl Alcohol,
Gynostemma,
Pentaphylum extract,
Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone,
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3,
Dipeptide-2,
Hydroxysuccinimide,
Chrysin,
Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,
Steareth-20,
Stearic Acid,
Polyglyceryl-3 Beezwax,
Triethanolamine,
Phenoxyethanol,
Methaylparaben,
Ethylparaben, Propylparaben,
Butylparaben,
Isobutylparaben"

Also, an update... I still notice a difference after I put it on and wake up in the AM... I've also noticed (by looking REALLY close) that there are these little reflective 'things' in it... I think *THAT* is what makes the noticeable lightening.

Also, it still burns a little when I put on, it kinda makes me think I'm drying my 'under eye lid' out. Mainly because if I get it off of the really soft skin *RIGHT* under the eye...like maybe a little on the side, or high cheek - it BURNS!!! I dont really use a eye moisturizer, but I think i may buy one.

And, feel free to erase this thread because it's a repeat. Sorry to waste your time. I'll be sure to search before posting a new topic again. Embarassed

5% products discount

Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
is it for the corner of the eye?
EJB
5% products discount

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
you're supposed to apply it to "the orbital eye area". I don't know exactly what that means, so I just put it on all of the under eye area until the top of my 'facebone' Confused I guess it would bee cheekbone- just the 'soft' area. I DO dab a little on the inside/nose corner (just because i read a long time ago that that sometimes has somthing to do with dark eye circles). I've tried it on the whole circle of eye area, but find that it dries the skin on the outside of my eyes out, so now i just put it under.
Does anyone know exactly what "the orbital eye area" consists of? They offer no explanation.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I believe it means just on the orbital eye bone. *They* say eye creams naturally drift up or something. I don't really buy it, so I put it everywhere.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Haloxyl which has similar ingredients (the same actives but fewer other stuff). I like it. I get it from the Personal Formulator it's cheaper and it's meant to be diluted to you can probably get higher concentrations that the hylexin. I posted what the actives are supposed to do on the other product evaluation board.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I just tried Hylexin for the first time today. I just put it on in the store and it immediately lightened my dark circles. The area felt warm and numb and the effect has lasted far into the evening. I am so surprised not many people seem to be inmpressed... Rolling Eyes My eye area really looks so much better after just one application.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
been using it now for months ..yes its pricey but the tube is big and lasts for ages...really really like it...but also liked SkinMedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream....not sure when I finish which I will buy ..... Confused
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is another dark circle treatment that didn't work for me. I THOUGHT I'd noticed a slight improvement after using it for a few weeks, but then it seemed to go away (or maybe I had just become used to the brightened look)? I never finished the container because I never saw any outstanding results. I envy those of you who had results from this. Sad For me, I'll have to keep searching. Smile
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
The price for this is Singapore is so expensive as compared to EDS and Strawberrynet. I am still deciding if i should invest in one for my dark circles....hmmm.... Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |