Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Addicted to plastic surgery???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Have y’all ever seen pictures of this Dallas socialite, I think her name is Jenny Lee, who has had so many plastic surgery procedures that she was featured on both Oprah and the celeb tabloid show “The Insider,” as people have become so concerned about this lady that they’ve tried to stage interventions? I think she was also featured on an episode of that reality show about plastic surgeons on E, called “Dr. 90210" or something.

Anyway, they showed before photos of this lady and she was actually quite lovely in a California blonde, Barbie doll sort of way, but now she just looks like a caricature! Talk about one having a skewed body image...this poor woman just looks terrible now. See if you can google and find some photos of her.

In addition to lip, nose, cheek, chin, boob, lipo, etc., etc., Jenny Lee has also had some work done on her teeth. What do they call it when they file down your own real teeth and then put veneers on the front, “capping?” When this poor, deluded lady smiles, her teeth are so blindingly snow white that it literally hurts to look at her, like she’s got a mouth full of piano keys. I mean, I can not even begin to describe how horrified I was when I saw this lady proudly showing off her dental work on TV!!

Really, you guys need to try and find pictures of this lady so you can see for yourselves. Of course, Jenny Lee isn’t the only woman addicted to plastic surgery. There’s that NY socialite they call “Cat Woman” who had her face altered so that she looks more feline. And then there’s that transsexual, I think s/he is from the UK, who had a sex change from man to woman and supposedly held the world record (at least for a while) for the most plastic surgery procedures ever done on one person...and, of course, we can’t overlook Michael Jackson and his incredible shrinking nose!

What other plastic surgery horrors have you seen? I’m just morbidly fascinated by these people, because when they show their “before” photos, some of them are quite attractive to begin with, but then they get all this work done so that they almost become “cookie cutter” people, like they want the surgeons to wipe out any defining feature they have that makes them a unique individual and now they just look like composites or amalgams of many different celebrities.

Now, really – you need to go find some photos of Jenny Lee, I want you to see those unbelievable choppers!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I watched the Oprah show she was on and to be completely honest I have never stopped thinking about her. She was pretty before the surgeries and now looks like a complete clown. Her story broke my heart which is why I have never stopped thinking about her.

Sherri
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I guess my question is, does this lady realize she looks like a clown now, so the reason she’s still having procedures done is maybe to get her face back the way it once looked, or does she believe that she looks fabulous and the additional surgeries are simply to “polish” up her look?

I agree that it’s heartbreaking. How does one become this way?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Argh I've been watching Dr90210 on Sky over here Embarassed How awful for his long suffering wife (who by the way has a 'to die for' figure after having 2 kids!!!!) having to put up with him!!!
What is with the 10 eggs every morning!!!!
And practicing his karati choppy moves for the camara....what a buffoon!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I think she has a sickness much like anorexia and doesn't see herself as others do.
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
There’s that NY socialite they call “Cat Woman” who had her face altered so that she looks more feline

National enquirer identifies her as Swiss. they even had pictures of her young. I agree, nowadays she looks like a monster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
must admitt to secretly loving awfullplasticsurgery.com Very Happy it's bad in a real schadenfreude (sp?) way, but weirdly gratifying

Slightly OT, but I saw the last bit of nip/tuck the other night. Was I just very tired and falling asleep or did Dr Troy get his throat cut? Shock

Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Awfulplasticsurgery.com is really good for a laugh. Some of those folks were so good looking to start with and now they're so funny looking. Bruce Jenner is scary.
Caspers Mum

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
How about this guy?!? Rolling Eyes

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/etsid2910170012291/
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) is a preoccupation with an imagined defect in their appearance. I believe the psychology behind it is similar to that of anorexia nervosa - we see skin and bones and they "see" fat. Someone with BDD only notices flaws (real or imagined) and is continuously trying to fix them through plastic surgery. They don't see what we see.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I think plastic surgery is BS I can't stand people getting it done. I think everyone is beautiful in their own way. make the best of what you have. and there soo many things that can go wrong it's crazy! I think having a healthy diet and good skincare will help you looking great into your later years.. it's nuts what these young girl and guys are getting done now adays.

but then i'll most probably have something done. Laughing
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
my sister got plastic surgery done with she was about my age..first, her nose, then her boobs. I'm used to her now, and im not complately against plastic surgery (If someone looks really bad), but i really dont see myself getting anything done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I think she did talk about having BDD...thanks for the info about it, Penelope. I think it is sad that she keeps getting these treatments, but just as sad that doctors continue to agree to do it! I know it isn't their job to say no when someone is going too far, but I would hope they could separate business from need in this case...
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just had PS 7 weeks ago - in fact a mid-face lift, face lift, neck lift and upper/lower bleph. (I think if you have multiple procedures done at the same time like I did, then you don't have BDD. Laughing ) My skin is very healthy and actually quite nice for a 50 yr old (thanks to this site and all of the wonderful recommendations), but nothing will help with sagging skin except PS. It's a very personal choice and certainly not for everyone - but to each his own.

BTW - I have a few unopened bottles of Esther's Secret if anyone is interested. I don't need it anymore Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope,
How is everything?
does it all look as good as you hoped?
Has everything healed up nicely?
lastly was it worth it?
You sound great anyway, so I am assuming all is well. I hope so Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loopy:

I still have some swelling on the left side of my face - mostly the cheek area - but no one else notices it but me. I am starting to gain more and more feeling back as the nerves regenerate or whatever it is they do.

Actually, my results are exactly what I wanted which is very subtle. For example, I didn't tell my mother or siblings about the surgery and when I saw them 5 weeks afterwards they all said I looked rested and/or lost weight. Only my brother said "you look younger for some reason". I had a good laugh. After I told them, then they noticed. So, yes it was exactly what I was hoping for. Nothing dramatic, no wind blown look, no head turning, etc.

Now that most of the healing has taken place, I would say it was very well worth it. I'll post some before/after pics this weekend.

And the BEST part - I have wonderful, beautiful eyelids again (minus the dreaded hood). Oh yea, and a jaw line. Haven't seen that in 20 years Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad for you. It's great that you look better & rested without it being obvious that you have had surgery, especially if you managed to fool your family until you confessed. It saves all those awful explanations to the judgemental people and you probabbly don't feel self concious. If I could afford to have surgery I would have it done. My opinions on this have totally reversed over the last 3 or 4 years. I guess I was an arrogant no way never have surgery person until one day I looked at a photo and thought crikey I have all these bloody saggy bits on my face and neck and even under my chin at certain angles.
Anyway I hope the remaining swelling goes away quickly and I am sure you look fantastic.
Thanks for the reply above.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys!
I LOVE Dr. 90210, but havent had cable for a while and havent been able to watch it.
I did do a yahoo search on the Jenny Lee girl (because I wanted to see if she was as bad as the cat woman- whom I'd alredy seen).
I found this clip of Dr. Rey telling her she needed therapy... (and you can see what she looks like).

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/celeb/insdr20050519t163200002380/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
EJB wrote:
I did do a yahoo search on the Jenny Lee girl (because I wanted to see if she was as bad as the cat woman- whom I'd alredy seen).
I found this clip of Dr. Rey telling her she needed therapy... (and you can see what she looks like).

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/celeb/insdr20050519t163200002380/
It's the poor woman's teeth that really fascinate me. I swear, it looks like she's got a mouth full of piano keys!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Shame on you the bride of frankinstin Bad Grin
no, the bride of chuckie Shock
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
well, I don't feel good about "casting stones" although she does look rather frozen and waxy (and more importantly, not very happy).

Reading about people (mostly women) "addicted" to plastic surgery makes me sad though. Because before the term "Body Dysmorphic Dysfunction" was coined, and women threw themselves under the knife to alleviate whatever anxiety their particular body part caused, we called it "Self Mutilation" and it was considered very serious indeed.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I feel that if ps is not overdone, it can enhance your beauty, but when one goes overboard, results can be disasterous.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I really wanted to have a "Lifestyle" lift earlier in the year, but they wouldn't do it due to my mental stress and the medications I am on. I would certainly do it if they would allow it though. Stress takes a heavy tow on your face. I now that now.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:12 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
It's tragic that someone will do that to themselves on purpose.

IMHO she has not done this to herself - doctors have done it. And, I think they should be held accountable. Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath for the practice of ethical medicine and swear to care and not harm their patients. Women like Jocylyn Wildenstein (sp?) and Jenny Lee clearly have unhealthy issues about the way they look. It is a doctor's responsibility to counsel their patient and not perform surgery on a patient's whim. JW asked her doctor to make her look like a cat - and he did it! Disgraceful. The same principal applies to Michael Jackson, there must have been some point where doctors should have said enough is enough.

However, I can see how it's easy to become addicted to it - especially when money is no object. Really, PS is so common now, it's like going to the hairdressers.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Jocelyn Wildenstein (sp?) hardly looks human. I think any doctor who agrees to alter her face any more should have his or her license revoked. My GOD! It's criminal.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |