Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

corys minerals makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
purple princess
5% products discount

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
hi all

i have been using corys line for over a month,love the samples!

i use the loose powder in light/medium sandy beige, the primer and finisher BUT my skin gets really shiny....the colour is great, but within hrs my face looks as though its been dipped in grease!!(not a pretty look)

i have visited:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/corycosmetics/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E

for advice on applications, and im using a tiny amount of powder, kabuki brush and spraying with water (wet method) and applying to my face. (i use decleor skincare) but my skin just SHINES.

i find the delphiforums are not always friendly if you complain/have problems with the application.

has anybody else experienced this with corys?? i really want to stick to minerals but the colour is a major concern (im reallly pale) i have tried JI,BE and purelux, i may have to start searching again.. Crying or Very sad

can anybody suggest another brand that is long lasting and shine free?

sorry for the long post...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:35 am      Reply with quote
honestly..im so amazed at this aromaleigh stuff. One reason being that i actually have a shade that fits me Perfect (and you should know how hard it is being pale and finding the correct shade)...i have no irritation at all from this foundation. Looking in harsh lighting i used to analyze my skin with other makeups..and i'd get minor irritations..or sometimes pretty bad. My skin has gotten BETTER since using this makeup. No additional redness...and i look like im wearing nothing. I'm pretty sure this is for keeps...you should at least try some samples:)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
It would be difficult to get samples of this if they do not ship internationally...

Too bad, I e-mailed them to ask if they will start shipping to Canada anytime soon. Here's hoping.

d.
purple princess
5% products discount

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the suggestion, but im in the uk and they dont deliver to here...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rosyface, please post back if they will ship to Canada. I'd love to try this line having read the raves on the forum Very Happy .

Anya
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cory blushes (love them) and Glymagic mineral loose makeup foundation. It seems to have more of a shine by nature.

I use Serecite as a finishing powder. Cory has finishing powders. I also use a lot of bloting papers - cheap c & c. I also use (sometimes) standard finishing powder i have from the drugstore Shock

It does give a more matt look.

I am very oily and I can not wear MMU alone without it looking too greasy within an hour. hth
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
hi, ladies, here is the reply to my e-mail about Aromaleigh products

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Aromaleigh products.

We do not plan on expanding to international shipping until the international banking community establishes a reliable credit card verification system that will adequately protect merchants and consumers against the rampant international credit card fraud.

Once such a system is in place, we will be able to think about international expansion.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

I don't know anything about the Cory's products...sorry about that.

Rosyface
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Rosyface - they're loosing lots of business from north of the border Wink Its a pretty narrowminded attitude on their part, as if a bunch of mineral starved junkies would even think of defrauding them on a make-up order Laughing

Oh well, I'll continue to shop with more enlightened online stores - Aromaleigh's loss.

Anya
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
purple princess wrote:
...i use the loose powder in light/medium sandy beige, the primer and finisher BUT my skin gets really shiny....the colour is great, but within hrs my face looks as though its been dipped in grease!!(not a pretty look)
The problem may not be your mineral makeup, but simply the fact that you should apply some kind of mattifier before putting on your makeup.

I’m super oily and I use JI pressed foundation but before I put on my makeup, I apply a very thin layer of Milk of Magnesia (yes, the laxative!) and wait about 30 seconds for it to dry and then I sweep on a layer of Jurlique Rose Silk Dust as a “primer,” then apply my makeup then sweep on another light dusting of Silk Dust and this more or less keeps the shinies at bay.

I must confess that I *do* have other products in my oil-fighting arsenal that also help contribute to staying shine-free (click here for details of my complete routine: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7244&highlight=update), but the MoM and Silk Dust sound like they’d be perfect for you to incorporate into your mineral makeup regime! Yeah, yeah, I know it sounds crazy to apply a laxative to your face, but it really *does* work. Don’t just take my word for it, though – perform a search of the site using “Milk of Magnesia” as the keyword and you’ll be able to read “testimonials” from other surprised, but satisfied, EDS members....

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |