Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
eyelash & brow tinting
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ann03

Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
help me everyone! ive just joined today as i have very very fair eyelashes and brows and am thinking of getting them tinted as i hate them sooo much being so fair and grosse!!! i have red/brown hair (lightish colour) what should i expect getting them (lash & brows) tinted and will their be a colour to suit me???
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:54 am      Reply with quote
well, if you go to a salon they should be able to pick a colour that suits your tone, store bought stuff tends to be either brown or black that may look too harsh with your colouring. Also you'll need to have a patch test to make sure you don't react to the dye.

It's worth getting done as it really makes your lashes nice and long.

IF you can't get it done Smashbox do a very good line of brow powders, they come in different shades and a setting wax.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
For what it's worth: when I was researching various DIY eyelash tinting kits, I read somewhere that those with very pale lashes like blondes or some redheads should use a lash tint that is *grey,* because it is supposed to give a more natural looking result than most brown shades that are available.

I can't say whether or not this is good advice or not because this particular redhead was fortunate enough to have been blessed with (naturally) very dark lashes and brows, but it might be something to consider in your research.

Also, I remember someone posting that she uses just regular, ordinary hair dye to color her eyebrows, so that might be another alternative....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
ann03 wrote:
help me everyone! ive just joined today as i have very very fair eyelashes and brows and am thinking of getting them tinted as i hate them sooo much being so fair and grosse!!! i have red/brown hair (lightish colour) what should i expect getting them (lash & brows) tinted and will their be a colour to suit me???

I have very fair eyebrows infact they are virtually invisible. I have them tinted and literally you put on the brown and wipe it straight off. It is better to do it this way than do too much. I would however advise you to go to a salon to have this done. I know recently on my search for tinting colours I found a company that makes tint for blondes but I cannot for the life of me remember who made it. Also you can mix a bit of grey in with the brown to tone it down. Again I would advise you to go to a salon for a consultation especially for the first tint. You can always do it yourself at home if you like the effect but don't want to pay salon prices.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks heaps for your msgs, its been a real help, well im booked in at a beauty salon in my area for monday morning! im pretty nervouse being my first time getting my brows and lashes tinted, but i want it done so much as they are fully blonde and almost invisible! since the weather here is warming up and summer isnt far away i want to be able to swim at the beach with visilbe brows and lashes! as usually my brow pencil and water proof mascara wash off completely!!! Confused
ann03

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
anything else i should know before tomorrows tinting?
im pretty damn nervous lol!!!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Nothing to be nervous about. I would have had mine done years ago if I had realised what a difference it would make and how much better I look with visible eyebrows. I have tried all the pencils and powder and always thought they looked completely fake and ended up washing the whole lot off. Tinting is so much better and looks natural.
You will be fine. I am sure you will be really pleased with the result.(fingers crossed).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been having my lashes tinted for years. I have very very blonde lashes. The tint lasts at least 4 weeks. The tint does not thicken so I put mascara (one coat) to add some "oomph". But the tint gets right to the lash line and also my bottom lashes are always dark. It is well worth it for me.

It is best if you go to your appointment without any eye makeup on. Also different estheticians have different methods of applying, removing tint. They should leave it on for about 10 - 15 minutes. I find that black or a combo of blue/black looks best.

I pay $15.00 plus gst plus I usually tip at least $3.00 - $4.00. It is about 30 minutes in salon. Lots of salons in Canada do it; for some reason in the US it is considered illegal. Shock

As far as eyebrows I just use a brow pencil. I am currently using Avon glimmersticks in Blonde.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
autumn wrote:
Lots of salons in Canada do it; for some reason in the US it is considered illegal. Shock
To find out why it is illegal in the States, click here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7546

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:39 am      Reply with quote
That thread brings up some good points -- no sense going blind in an attempt at better lashes. For this reason I wouldn't recommend tinting brows and lashes with home hair dye kits. Every home dye box I've used has a warning about not using on lashes so I would be extremely wary of tinting myself with these products.
ann03

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
well i got my lashes and brows done yesterday and at first i was like oh god what have i done as they looked abit overpowering but once i washed off the excess dye i started to really like them, though i knows its gonna get expensive getting my lashes and brows done monthy so anyone in australia know where to get DIY tinting packs?? do shops actually sell them here?? if not i'll prob order online,
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:18 am      Reply with quote
ann03 wrote:
so anyone in australia know where to get DIY tinting packs?? do shops actually sell them here?? if not i'll prob order online,
Have you checked out this thread, yet? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7546 This is actually an Aussie product that the rest of us have to have imported, so hopefully you'll be able to locate it somewhere in the stores there. If not, there are several websites from which it can be ordered.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Have you checked out this thread, yet? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7546 This is actually an Aussie product that the rest of us have to have imported, so hopefully you'll be able to locate it somewhere in the stores there. If not, there are several websites from which it can be ordered.

This is an Australian product, but due to new Australian regulations it does not appear to be legal to sell it here (that's what I've been told by places that I used to be able to get it from). You can still get it on a few sites online though (outside of Australia) Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
carekate wrote:

This is an Australian product, but due to new Australian regulations it does not appear to be legal to sell it here (that's what I've been told by places that I used to be able to get it from). You can still get it on a few sites online though (outside of Australia) Wink

Does this mean that you also can't get the Belmacil kits in Oz, even though it's also an Aussie product? LoopyLori recently obtained a sample from them of their alleged "violet-black" color and she's offered to send me the remainder of it to try if I can ever remember to send her an email... Confused I'm such a horrible person for not keeping up with all my correspondence these days! Sad

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Does this mean that you also can't get the Belmacil kits in Oz, even though it's also an Aussie product? LoopyLori recently obtained a sample from them of their alleged "violet-black" color and she's offered to send me the remainder of it to try if I can ever remember to send her an email... Confused

I don't think I have seen Belmacil in the shops here, certainly nothing violet-black.... I've been told that all *kits* have been taken off the market because they encourage inexperienced people to do something potentially dangerous. I might be able to get the normal full size of it though. I'll email and find out where it's stocked. I'd like to try the violet-black even if I have to buy the components separately.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:12 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Does this mean that you also can't get the Belmacil kits in Oz, even though it's also an Aussie product? LoopyLori recently obtained a sample from them of their alleged "violet-black" color and she's offered to send me the remainder of it to try if I can ever remember to send her an email... Confused

I don't think I have seen Belmacil in the shops here, certainly nothing violet-black.... I've been told that all *kits* have been taken off the market because they encourage inexperienced people to do something potentially dangerous. I might be able to get the normal full size of it though. I'll email and find out where it's stocked. I'd like to try the violet-black even if I have to buy the components separately.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |