Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Blocked Pores - Jan Marini
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
willisti
5% products discount

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have had blocked pores all over my face for ages now (around 3 years) ive only recently decided to spend my money on some apparently good products recommended to me by a beautician.

About 4 weeks ago I purchased the Jan Marini Bio Cleanser to replace my existing daily facewash, but im sure its made my skin worse, my pores have grown larger and the last couple of days I noticed more blocked pores appearing on the side of my face.
Is this just the process it takes or should I try something different?

I have also ordered the Jan Marini Bio Clear lotion which is suppose be very good for your skin and It should be it costs enough, does it have the same effect on blocked pores though?

Thanks
Mabsy

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Which Jan Marini cleanser do you have? There are different versions with and without AHAs. If you have the one with AHAs then you should see an improvement in your skin, given that it's an exfoliant. I haven't actually tried any of the Jan Marini cleansers but I do have the Jan Marini Bioclear Bioglycolic lotion and find that it makes my skin look better - like most AHA lotions or serums do as well.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I have the Jan Marini Bioglycolic Facial Fleanser contains Glycolic Acid.
Mabsy

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
To be honest, I think that 4 weeks of twice daily use should be enough time to see some results from an AHA cleanser although perhaps not of the pore clearing kind if your pores are pretty bad. I don't know what the concentration of AHAs in it is but you want to have something that is around the 10% mark I guess. You can try leaving it on your face a little bit longer before you wash it off. Or, you could just try something else.

If you really want to get rid of the blocked pores then the AHA cleanser by itself won't be enough IMO. You should be using a regular mask to address the problem. Alternatively, you can try the natural approach and try out the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream - that has worked wonders for me in terms of getting rid of blackheads (while I use it anyway).

Another thing you should consider is if some of your other products are congesting your skin perhaps? It might help if you listed your complete skin care regime and also explained what type of skin you have. Hopefully some EDS members can then suggest something based on similar experiences.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Ok Thanks for your help. I didn’t expect the Jan Marini Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser to help much with my blocked pores that much but with the general conidition of my skin which I suppose it has.

I have now ordered the Jan Marini Bio Clear lotion which was recommended to me by a beautician and I presume it will help with enlarged and blocked pores.
willisti
5% products discount

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:17 am      Reply with quote
If i dont see any results i might try out the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream because most of my blocked pores are turing into blackheads. I believe they have a trial version you can buy.
Mabsy

Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I find that the bioclear bioglycolic does help, but not as much as the Dr Hauschka cleansing cream. The lotion is a good exfoliant but the Dr Hauschka CC is a pore cleaner specifically. If you do end up trying the Dr H, do keep in mind that you won't see much from just using the 5mL sample. But after two weeks of twice daily use my skin looked much better - pores were pretty much gone. It has not worked like that for everyone, but I think majority of people have been pleased with the results.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
ok will do, thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |