Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Flat Irons for Hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Geane

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to the forum, so please bear with me if I sound too wordy or unclear. I have hair down to my waist. Since I'm prematurely gray, I have been coloring my hair since the teens. I have heard that Sedu Flat Iron's do wonders for straightening hair and adding great shine. Has anyone used this product? Does it matter what kind of iron one uses? Currently, I use the ceramic iron. I have to run through my hair several times to straighten. Needless to say it takes forever to complete. It straightens, but I cannot get the kind of shine I desire, which is brilliant. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have the T3 wet/dry. My hair is about 2 inches from my waist, and quite curly. I have to run it through 3 or 4 times to get the look I want. I always finish with a shine product though. As for irons...I think anything ionic will give the best possible results.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Faith.

I have tried many different shine products; however, all left my hair oily and heavy. Unless I'm in the sun the shine is never brilliant. Perhaps you or someone else might know of a product that works. Anyone?

Geane
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I start with Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream, which really helps with frizz and I think some shine also. Then I use any number of gloss products. Terax gloss drops, Redken glass, Paul Mazzota HNC drops... I am not really picky, but my hair does not get greasy easily. I just got some of the Paves Flawless In the Spotlight Shine Serum, which some members have tried. It is supposed to be greaseless; and it is very affordable, so it might be worth a try. Carekate is the one to ask about this really, as I think she has tried just about every shine product out there. Hopefully, she will post when she gets in to work on Monday... Smile

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Faith,

I'll wait for more responses.
EJB
5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
if you go to this link, you can read people's reviews on the iron. I dont spend too much on hair care, but I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting this. I've tried the cheaper flat irons (my hair is really curly and to the lower half of my back)...not only does it take FOREVER to straighten my hair, but it usually has some wave to it. Plus, my hair gets caught in the iron and feels brittle sometimes. Supposedly the Sedu is like a miracle iron (one where you can set your own temp), and hair doesnt get caught or break. Plus people posted their before and after pictures... I found one with hair similar to mine,and it STILL looked like it worked!!

http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Ionic_Cera_r1560_9.html

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks EJB for the informative sight.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have the T3 flat iron - it's ionic and is WAY better than any other I've tried - including GHD's. My hair is in much better condition than when I was using GHD's and has lots of shine.

Whatever you get make sure its ionic!!! Very Happy

Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I will Lucia. Thanks for the info. Have a great day - ladies.
Honeydew
5% products discount

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
EJB and Geane,

I recently bought the Sedu flat iron and absolutely love it! I've had fantastic results and friends have noticed an immediate change in my hair's look. It heats up very fast and does not seem as damaging as my previous ionic flat iron. It glides through the hair without pulling it which is a nice change! I've now been using it for two months and am really glad I bought it... this iron is highly recommended by me!
Yogaholic
5% products discount

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone purchased their T3 flat iron from ebay? i saw a few good deals but don't want to be scammed.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, I purchased from Ebay actually; from beautyzone 4266. No problems with them. Smile

5% products discount

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Faith
Geane

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I finally succumbed and bought the Sedu flat iron, and like you, Honeydew, everyone noticed how wonderful my hair looked. I love the feel and the shine. Ladies you cannot go wrong with it. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |