Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BrowTox Wrinkle Relaxer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this Argireline product yet? PSF's web site is offering a sample size through Aug.31...would love to know if anyone is using it and what results they've gotten before I order.I'm pretty much WAY over my skin care budget for this month and next..and maybe the next month too. Embarassed Still, I think I'd LOVE to try this...such a sucker for samples I am!
Melissa 49, I found this product after reading your review of PSF's vitamin C serum...have you tried this?
One more question...kind of embarrassed to ask this but, how much is 5mL? Approximately 1/4 ounce?
Thanks..Vivian
http://www.psfskincare.com/browtox.htm
Mabsy

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it - I think they've only just recently released this product.

I can help with the conversion though Smile 1oz = 30mL so 5mL is 1/6oz. Don't feel silly for not knowing this - I only know this because buying skincare and perfume from the USA I've had to figure out how much an ounce is. I still don't know how many litres in a gallon though Embarassed Wouldn't it be nice to just have standard measures worlwide (preferably metric Bad Grin ).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Veenvegas,

I'm glad you read my review because I really, really like their vit c, and lots of their other products.

I haven't tried their browtox yet, as it's only just come out in the last few weeks, and being in Australia, I tend to wait til I have a few things to send in one hit as it justify's the shipping costs. However, it's on my paypal order list and I hope to order that sample in the next week or so as I'm getting the large pumpkin peel, and probably the perfecting lotion whilst there. Since I dont have many wrinkles (just one line down the middle of my forhead when I'm stressed or tired that I'd like not to get worse....), I'm not sure about the results I'd get anyway. Wink

I am curious about the curare though, did alot of study about this in uni, and its potent stuff Shock ....Will be interesting to see if it helps!

Good luck with the browtox, I would not hestitate to recommend the whole line as so far I have loved it, it's simple, inexpensive and WORKS!!! (the great service is a bonus). Very Happy
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

I can help with the conversion though Smile 1oz = 30mL so 5mL is 1/6oz. I still don't know how many litres in a gallon though Embarassed Wouldn't it be nice to just have standard measures worlwide (preferably metric Bad Grin ).

HaHa...wouldn't I be totally lost then! Thanks so much Mabsy, for converting the measure for me..1/6 oz. isn't much for the $17.00 they want for the sample...especially since the full 1/2 oz. bottle is just a little over twice that. Since I just yesterday received my first bottle of Relax-A-Line in the mail I think I'll wait until that's gone to try the BrowTox.

Melissa, I think I will be trying their vitamin C serum though. Is the pumpkin peel supposed to replace glycolic peels or is it more for soothing and moisturing the skin?

Thanks again...Vivian
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds pretty cool. I am using the Vialox and the Relax-A-Line right now - one is the curare-like product and the other uses the acetyl hexapeptide. I have to say the Vialox is much stronger. I'm still using Relax-A-Line too though around my eyes/lip lines since it is much less expensive and more in the bottle. The Vialox is a small bottle that lasts about 5 weeks. But man, does it ever work. Can't wait to see what you guys say about the BrowTox.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
My mom is using AlphaDerma. She just got it 2 weeks ago. Not sure if its a wrinkle relaxer or something of that sort. She said she's already seeing softening in her wrinkles.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Is the pumpkin peel supposed to replace glycolic peels or is it more for soothing and moisturing the skin?

I have not had a glycolic peel since I worked for a salon. Let me tell you the Pumpkin Peel is certainly a PEEL! I love it . Just gave my self a second treatment today. It has not been quite a week but I couln't wait. Embarassed The combination of active are awesome.
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Betterat40....Did you buy your Vialox at CellularSkinRx?

Winnie...What kind of results do you see from the pumpkin peel?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I buy all my Cellular Skin stuff from the main site. I think you can get it at other places too though. I want to try that pumpkin peel now. I love enzyme peel. Adrien Arpel has been my fav but I want to try Darren's now.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Winnie...What kind of results do you see from the pumpkin peel?

I have only used the Pumpkin Peel twice. Both times I was impressed. Upon application I could feel a comfortable warm, tingling sensation. The smell is lovely (I am a big fan of warm spicy smells). After removing the peel my skin had a nice pink tone, pores nice and tight and face/neck felt extremely smooth. I have used several masks from the Body Deli (all lovely). As far as I am concerned the Pumpkin Peel wins my vote for a non-professional peel that delivers. Very Happy
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Betterat40 and Winnie...I've ordered their small sample package, so I'll get to try the pumpkin peel as well as the Vitamin C serum.
Vivian
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
What is a pumpkin peel?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
It is a product by PSF.www.pureskinformulations.com Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
VEEnVEGAS,

Glad that you are going to try the products, let us know how you go - I hope they work for you as well. Smile

The pumkin peel is hard to describe, but Winnie did it well. It actually doesn't literally peel your skin off either - I used to be concerned about that (but that could just have been me Wink ), and it doesn't hurt you, it just tingles on me.

Hey good luck anyway, looking forward to your review!! Very Happy
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I just placed my order for Brow Tox and the Pumpkin Enzyme Peel. God....I am so excited. Can you believe that I spend most of my "mad money" on skin products. When will it end!!!
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Belle,
I received a sample of the Browtox with my sample package from PSF. Dying to try it but it's just a small sample so I'm saving it for later this week when I have a date. I'll let you all know how it works!
beautyfashaddict
5% products discount

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I just received my sample yeserday does anyone know if I should use the brow tox before or after my vit C serum?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
beautyfashaddict,
I use the Browtox after the vitamin C serum, but that's just how I end up doing it. It doesn't matter what order you use them in, it just seems to work out better for me that way w/the other products I use. HTH!
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I just recieved my Brow-Tox and pumpkin peel today. What awesome service!!!

At any rate, I presently use Alphaderma CE and Relax-A-Line with Vialox to combat my light crows feet and stubborn forehead lines. Until now, I was quite pleased with each product.

After using Brow-tox only once morning, I am AMAZED with the results. My forehead lines have never been this "immobile". I actually have to make an effort to activate them!! And the product has a nice texture.....not at all runny like the Relax-A-Line.

Perhaps this is the HG of topicals. It seems to be packed with all of the essential, wrinkle fighting ingredients.

I will be anxious to use the pumpkin peel, along with the generous samples that they enclosed.

I just hope that the curare dillution is safe!!! It freaks me out to realize that I am smoothing poison into my skin.

I anticipate hearing about your experiences with this product.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:04 am      Reply with quote
belledivine67,
Glad you are liking the BrowTox. It really is a great product in that it works long-term, but also gives you results that are immediate as well. As for your question about safety, I can assure you that it is completely safe. This product in particular went through very rigorous testing due to the curare (didn't want any law-suits) and the challenge testing came back very strong. The curare that is used goes through a process of serial dilution before it is ever added to the product. This is a process where it is diluted multiple times to get it to a concentration that is completely NON-toxic for topical use. It is very similar to homeopathic dilutions. And in fact, similar dilutions of curare have been used in homeopathy for years to treat muscle spasms & atrophy. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them, and if I don't know the answer, I can find it out for you with a quick phone call to the lab. Smile
-Darren
PSF

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
It really is a great product in that it works long-term, but also gives you results that are immediate as well. -DarrenPSF

Have to say I saw NO immediate results from the BrowTox at all...not even the small change I see when I use Relax-a-line.
Absolutely HATED the pumpkin peel...burning sensation while it was on was worse than the 40% glycolic acid I use, the look and feel of my skin worse after using than before, and what's up with the graininess?
Totally disappointed in these 2 products.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
VEEnVEGAS wrote:
Have to say I saw NO immediate results from the BrowTox at all...not even the small change I see when I use Relax-a-line.
Absolutely HATED the pumpkin peel...burning sensation while it was on was worse than the 40% glycolic acid I use, the look and feel of my skin worse after using than before, and what's up with the graininess?
Totally disappointed in these 2 products.

That's too bad they didn't work out for you! Not everything works for every person... I personally love the pumpkin peel! I feel it get warm, but I don't think it feels burny; certainly not like the glycolic peels I use once a month. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Lucky they supply samples..... Embarassed

I am sorry you didn't like the products so far, I feel bad for you though Veenvegas, I am doubly happy to find these products that work for me and are realistically priced. That can be rare! Wink
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I gotta stop reading this forum - its costing me too much Laughing

I've just ordered Brow Tox and a sample size of the Pumpkin Peel. Up to now I'd been using strips of surgeon's tape on the furrow between my brows, which is actually working quite well Shock I'll be expecting great things from Brow Tox and will report back!

Anya
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
Lucky they supply samples..... Embarassed

Exactly my thought Melissa!...Soooooooo happy I'm not out a lot of money here! Especially since I'm saving for a jar of Cellcosmet Ultra Vital!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |