Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)
creme de la mer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jellybeanzz4020

Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:28 am      Reply with quote
have any of you ever used this???and is is really as good as its made out to be??
Plus, if you buy the moisturizing cream, can u use it on your eye area?

Full of questions, am'nt I??Smile
Mabsy

Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I only ever see the benefit of this cream when my skin is having a rather tough time. When I'm tired or my skin is dried out this cream works very well. But I don't want to say that it's a miracle cream because I'm sure that there are others that do the same thing. I have this in a lotion and a cream formulation and only use this when I need to nowadays. I used to use it everyday but have moved on to other things. I still go back to it every so often because I love the smell Smile

Yes you can use this as an eye cream also. But remember that you need to apply this cream properly. If you don't warm this up between your fingers and pat it onto your skin it tends to just sit on top and be oily.

Mabsy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I've used a number of "La Mer" products. Creme de la Mer is a good moisturizer but it is not a miracle cream so, therefore, I conclude it's not worth the money. It's over-hyped, I think.

It can be worn around the eye area, like Mabsy says. Actually, when I was wearing it my boyfriend said my face felt "greasy" and I thought to myself,"I spend all this money and get this comment!" Anyways, if you have dry skin and the money then try it. I've used up my whole jar so I don't think you'll be wasting any money but don't expect some sort of miracle either.
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Creme de la Mer for 2 years. It works! My skin is oily on the surface buy deeply dehydrated and flaky in the same spots, AND I have acne. This is the only cream I've ever tried that moisturizes and controls the oil - and I've tried many. This summer, when I ran out, I was cheap and tried many other creams. And my t-zone area was cronically red. Today I finally purchased a new tub of La Mer and the redness was gone immediately. If you have problem skin it works and it's worth it. I don't subscribe to it for its "miracle" benefits but it works for me when nothing else does.

abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:30 am      Reply with quote
About 2 years I very extravagantly bought this whole range, face and body, the body stuff, serum and body lotion were fantastic, left my skin very soft, brilliant post pregnancy. The face stuff was awful!!! I persevered for 3 months and then returned the lot ( for a full refund thankfully) The cleanser was very poor at removing makeup the serum was very disappointing and the cream made my skin bumpy and congested. For the price I expected miracles but unfortunatley ended with awful skin. It did make me look younger in that I was as spotty as I was when I was teenager!!! I can't understand why it does actually work for some but not others?????
skinsplurge
5% products discount

Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used creme de la mer as well as the serum and tried a sample of the whitening serum. Overall it's a good cream, but nothing miraculous. The initial results were a wonderful glow to my face and it stayed moisturized throughout the day. It's expensive, but since it worked around my eye area, I didn't have to buy eye cream. I used both the creme and the serum for about a year, but then moved on to other products to address hyperpigmentation problems. I tried the whiteneing serum but was allergic to it.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for a while, & frankly, it is absolutely NOTHING to write home about. If you want the exact same consistency & effect, use Nivea's CoQ10 cream in the navy blue jar.
niccollee
5% products discount

Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I have extremely dry, dehydrated skin on my face and I love the cream. I know a lot of people with normal or oily skin say it's too much but for someone with skin like mine (that begins to feel like I'm wearing a clay mask as soon as I turn the shower off!), it is perfect. HOWEVER, I agree with everyone else that it is NO miracle product. Although I will continue to splurge for it because it feels so good - AND because it is the first non-medicinal product that actually cured the slight case of eczema on my arms in the winter, it is not the fountain of youth as I had hoped.
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I personally haven't used this product, as "luxury" doesn't necessarily mean "better", in my opinion. The big price tag is due to the time that it takes for the kelp to ferment for the "brew". The cost? "Prestige" & advertising from Lauder.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I liked La Mer when I first tried it but I hadn't tried that many high end creams. Then I tried the Cellcosmet Ultra Vital and I loved it. Expensive but wonderful. Just recently EDS included a sample of the Valmont Regenerating Radiance Cream and I love it. This is in the same price range as La Mer and I think it's a superior product.
Like so many, I like La Mer but no longer feel I have to have it around all the time.
Mabsy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
This cream seems to work for me when my skin is in some desperate need of some TLC. But when I bought the fullsize, I quickly decided that using this everyday just didn't do much for me. After all that, I found EDS and tried some of the creams from brands that I have never tried before. I can honestly say that I would go for Cellcosmet over the Creme de la Mer. In fact, I don't buy many department store brands anymore since finding this site Smile

Mabsy.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I feel compelled to say that I personally did feel like La Mer was a miracle cream. Nothing I have ever used before or since has even remotely compared with the effect La Mer had on my skin. The first morning I used it, I put it on right after a shower and had to rush to get ready for work. I happened to look at myself in my car mirror to check my lipstick and was STUNNED to see the transformation that happened to my skin. For the first time since I was a child, my skin looked truly dewy and even somehow - although I know the cream only works on the surface - ROSY! I am seriously considering cutting down on some other products in order to afford using this full time. In the meantime, the Dr. H Rose Day Cream is a terrific second choice for me, and one I may stick with inbetween La Mer birthday gifts! ps: I was so desperate for a La Mer fix that I recently snagged a sample from the counter at Sax Fifth Avenue. I want to make the tiny tub last forever!!!
niccollee
5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Zazu - I got the same results the first couple of times I used crem de la mer. The very first time I was in shock - I didn't even need makeup that day - which has not happened in YEARS! After a few times though - I didn't get that rosy glow anymore.

Any ideas why? I can't figure it out!
Katharina4

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
search for it on google: schutzengelein the sea moisturizer
same ingr. as in creme de la mer but less parrabene and other bad stuff like perfume
lower price, best quality, my fav. moisturizer all over
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Katharina4 wrote:
search for it on google: schutzengelein the sea moisturizer
same ingr. as in creme de la mer but less parrabene and other bad stuff like perfume
lower price, best quality, my fav. moisturizer all over

The scammy looking site aside, that cream costs pretty much same as La Mer and, seriously, lists 'magic essence of unicorn' as primary ingredient? Embarassed
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:35 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
The scammy looking site aside, that cream costs pretty much same as La Mer and, seriously, lists 'magic essence of unicorn' as primary ingredient? Embarassed

I had to look.... Shock Haaa!! How weird. I'd be afraid a side-effect might be sprouting a horn of your own.

I've had a good experience with Creme de La Mer (the original one) in winter. I'd tried spendy things and cheap things, and this one just worked for me, so it's a keeper.
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I fear that the unicorn essence is unicorn blood in reality and that makes things very nasty. Because whoever slays a unicorn is cursed and also everyone who uses the blood/essence is cursed as well. Personally I wouldn't want to wind up with any curses on my head in the name of anti aging.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
I fear that the unicorn essence is unicorn blood in reality and that makes things very nasty. Because whoever slays a unicorn is cursed and also everyone who uses the blood/essence is cursed as well. Personally I wouldn't want to wind up with any curses on my head in the name of anti aging.

Laughing Laughing a wise vexing perspective Laughing
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
zazu wrote:
I feel compelled to say that I personally did feel like La Mer was a miracle cream. Nothing I have ever used before or since has even remotely compared with the effect La Mer had on my skin. The first morning I used it, I put it on right after a shower and had to rush to get ready for work. I happened to look at myself in my car mirror to check my lipstick and was STUNNED to see the transformation that happened to my skin. For the first time since I was a child, my skin looked truly dewy and even somehow - although I know the cream only works on the surface - ROSY! I am seriously considering cutting down on some other products in order to afford using this full time. In the meantime, the Dr. H Rose Day Cream is a terrific second choice for me, and one I may stick with inbetween La Mer birthday gifts! ps: I was so desperate for a La Mer fix that I recently snagged a sample from the counter at Sax Fifth Avenue. I want to make the tiny tub last forever!!!

Although I don't use La Mer on a daily basis, I have to agree with this review. For dry skin it really helps to give skin back its luminosity. I pat on La Mer before an evening out- I'm told my face *glows*- which is lovely to hear! Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I just started using creme de la mer after being devoted to Osea's advanced protection cream for years. I feel like my skin needed something more and bought la mer on a whim. It does feel special but I am going to wait a few months before reviewing it. I bought the original formula but for those who do not want to warm the stiffer original formula before use, la mer also offers the newer soft cream formula. I haven't tried it but plan to if I am satisfied after finishing my current jar.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I consider Creme de la Mer (the original cream, not the EL spin-offs in the La Mer product line) to be a great moisturizer, not a treatment. I often try to convince myself that it's just silly hype and a less pricey moisturizer will perform equally well....BUT, for some reason CdlM reduces redness in my skin. When I put it on before bed, I always awake to less redness....and honestly, usually no redness. I have sensitive skin prone to redness, so this is a notable effect.

I always keep a jar on hand, although I use it sparingly. Since it doubles as an eyecream, too, I suppose the cost is more bearable; it's sort of an all-purpose skin cream.
andrenna

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
this may seem crazy, but i've been using the german formula of nivea and it's a complete dupe of creme de la mer.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Andrenna,
It actually isn't. A comparison was done of the German Nivea and the original Creme de la Mer, and while they had some basic ingredients in common (ingredients common to most cream formulations for facial skin care), most ingredients were different and the results certainly were very different. The Creme de la Mer far exceeded the German Nivea cream. A google search should bring up the article about the comparison.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I did see those many articles comparing la mer to Nivea. They definitely do not work the same. My son has eczema patches and Nivea does virtually nothing for him while la mer makes the patches go away virtually over night

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't like it. It's too nutrient. I think it's suitable for mature and dry skin.
I will use eye cream alone. It's not good to use face mositure on eye area.
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 10, 2024 3:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |