Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Most expensive shoes you bought
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
This is definitely OT, but I figure that's what the lounge is for?

I'm looking at fantastic boots by Stuart Weitzman and omigod!! my palms are getting sweaty and breathing is shallow. I really want them but not at the price of $428!

What are the most expensive shoes you ever bought?
EJB
5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I think maybe $120. But I know what you mean... we may have seen the same boots. I saw some in Stuart store...they were black about knee high and the heel was kind of like a wedge. I wanted them SO bad. I asked how much they cost (knowing, unless they were $10 - couldnt afford to get them), and she said some $3-$4-$500 amount. I wasnt too dissapointed (what i expected), but I really wanted them Sad
Mabsy

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I usually pay about $260 for the Camper Twins shoes that I buy although I did at some stage spend almost $300 on a very rare pair of the twins Embarassed Campers are my only weakness when it comes to shoes though, I have not spent any more on shoes than that and not even close to that on the other shoes that I buy. I just bought a pair of Dr Martens boots and these will cost me about $260 all up after alterations.

Reading about the Stuart Weitzman boots though got me really curious. Which ones are you talking about? I had a look at zappos.com but I don't think I found the ones that you described...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Hrm, I don't believe I've ever spent more than $200 on a single pair of shoes -- probably I've topped out at around $150. However...quantity-wise....I will not admit to!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I paid about £100 ($200) for a pair of Red or Dead knee high black boots. They have shiaparelli pink leather lining and soles. The soles are still fairly pink because they are so high I can't walk far in them Embarassed

Otherwise, I don't spend much on shoes. Clothes, now that is quite a different matter Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Nevermind the shoes!!! Ask me how much I paid for this stunningly beautiful turquoise Juicy Couture handbag that I absolutely couldn’t resist when I was looking for the allusive Armani Lip Shimmer #11 (still haven’t found it!!) at Saks 5th Ave on Friday. God, I still can’t believe how much I coughed up for that bag!! I’m just trying to convince myself that it was a fabulous investment because I’ll probably get at least 10 years wear out of it, in which case, it would work out to cost me only $40 per year....

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:54 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Nevermind the shoes!!! Ask me how much I paid for this stunningly beautiful turquoise Juicy Couture handbag that I absolutely couldn’t resist when I was looking for the allusive Armani Lip Shimmer #11 (still haven’t found it!!) at Saks 5th Ave on Friday. God, I still can’t believe how much I coughed up for that bag!! I’m just trying to convince myself that it was a fabulous investment because I’ll probably get at least 10 years wear out of it, in which case, it would work at to cost me only $40 per year....

*does the math*.... Shock Sounds lively though and I am *positive* it was a good investment! Is there a pic of it online that I can have a look at?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
carekate wrote:
Nevermind the shoes!!! Ask me how much I paid for this stunningly beautiful turquoise Juicy Couture handbag that I absolutely couldn’t resist...I’m just trying to convince myself that it was a fabulous investment because I’ll probably get at least 10 years wear out of it, in which case, it would work at to cost me only $40 per year....
*does the math*.... Shock Sounds lively though and I am *positive* it was a good investment! Is there a pic of it online that I can have a look at?

I can’t find a pic of mine in the turquoise shade I bought, but here it is in a metallic pink (sorry, it didn't work when I tried to post the images): http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2871830&boutique=juicy_couture&category=2376779~2376804~2384119~2384264&NextStyleID=2844653&PrevStyleID=2856391 and again in plain black http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2844653&boutique=juicy_couture&category=2376779~2376804~2384119~2384264&NextStyleID=2850082&PrevStyleID=2871830

I hope that at least one of you can help alleviate some of my guilt and tell me I did good, but regardless – it’s a beautiful bag and I totally love it! The only possible way I could love it even more would be if Saks had had this bag in either a dark hunter green (green is my fave color) or a nice dark violet....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:37 am      Reply with quote
That is a beautiful bag and well worth the money (however much it was, cos I am rubbish at maths Wink )

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
[/quote] God, I still can’t believe how much I coughed up for that bag!! I’m just trying to convince myself that it was a fabulous investment because I’ll probably get at least 10 years wear out of it, in which case, it would work out to cost me only $40 per year....[quote]

Think of all the $$$ you save with all of your DIY recipes! With that alone you've earned the difference to guiltlessly buy fabulous bag. It's an important part of a daily wardrobe.

I must confess that when it comes to shoes, I only do sales. My most successful haul was four months ago at Dillards...I purchased 6 pairs of shoes....BCBG, Cole Haan, j. vincent, Antonio Melani and two Kennth Cole's at an average of $8.50/pair. (>$600 worth of shoes for around $51.00!) I like to hit stores at the end of a season for shoes.....and I always have new shoes to waiting for me to wear the next!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
There was a time when I wouldn't wink and spend that kind of money on boots, but I got spoiled by online shopping. Just looove the challenge and excitement of finding an awesome deal Smile

The thing is these boots rarely if EVER go on sale.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2677929/c/106.html

I'm still thinking. Are they even practical? Am I crazy?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Practical? Probably not. Sexy? As hell!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I found them on Ebay! New, $199 Shock
My favorite boots, here I come.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Those are absolutely stunning! I want a pair even though I wouldn't be able to walk in them!
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate, I am a huge fan of Juicy Couture handbags. yours is absolutely gorgeous. consider your money well spent!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Quote:
Those are absolutely stunning! I want a pair even though I wouldn't be able to walk in them!

guapagirl....I think you'd be fine walking in those boots. The description states 2.5 inches....not bad. Every girl needs a pair of sexy high-heeled boots!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I like the style of Stuart Weitzman shoes, but they never fit me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I have wide feet with a high instep and they're always too tight. Just thought I'd pass this along in case any of you have the same problem. Now if your feet are narrow, he's your guy.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Pushing my Jimmy Choos and Manolos to the back of my closet and looking VERY suspiciously at pumaka....

Psssst....
I think my bf bought her those boots to PLANT that question...... Wink
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning, M.April. I have a high instep and I guess true medium feet (not wide, not narrow).
I've decided to actually try this style on at the store before I commit.

Katee Laughing that's too funny.
You know what, sometimes when i'm VERY tempted to buy something expensive but unnecessary, I show my husband the item and tell him how much it is.

That way I know if I buy it, we're gonna have to have a conversation (or "confrontation").

Of course, I don't always tell, sometimes I just break down and buy Wink
Mabsy

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Nice bag Carrie! You *did* do well with that one IMO. I like the rose version but wish that it was a bit darker (although it's probably better that it's not).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
My SIDI motorcycle touring boots are to date my most expensive footwear. $260 USD is a bargain for warm, dry feet on a long trip but I know I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on fashion shoes or boots. My motocross boots come in second at just under $200 USD and I'm on my third pair.

These are the touring boots. They are so comfortable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
...I have wide feet with a high instep and they're always too tight.
Sounds like my feet, too! My parents always had a helluva time buying me shoes that would fit when I was smaller. I think I was the only “normal” kid (i.e.: not a millionaire or movie star’s daughter) in kindergarten that wore shoes that cost $150 per pair! Shock Naturally I was seriously heart-broken when I spotted a pair of white go-go boots (cut me some slack, it was 1975!!) at the StrideRite store (used to be a nationwide children’s footwear store that specialized in hard-to-fit sizes) and begged my mom to get them for me but we couldn’t find any that would fit. Now that I think about it, a 7-year-old wearing a mini and go-go boots might have looked a bit out of place in the 2nd grade, but then again I was always precocious for my age! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I have wide feet with a high instep too! It's really annoying, and I end up spending a lot more on shoes so I can get a nice pair that fits, too! I live on zappos.com even though I think they charge too much...it is so convenient.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
[quote="carekate"]
m.april wrote:
... Now that I think about it, a 7-year-old wearing a mini and go-go boots might have looked a bit out of place in the 2nd grade, but then again I was always precocious for my age! Wink

There are some places round me where you would have fit right in Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Debra, 2.5 inches is HUGE for me! I'm more comfortable in Freefall's stylee boots. In fact I just bought a pair of DKNY ones off ebay that look a lot like them. Naturally they would be rubbish for motorcross etc, but since I can't actually ride a pushbike even, that isn't an issue for me Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |