Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MAC Fluid Line in Sweet Sage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been hunting around for an olive coloured eyeliner for a while now and this one really is a gem of a find.
I steer clear of pencil liners as I always lose half the pencil to sharpening.
I can use this as a liner and also as an eye shadow and the best news it does not budge all day!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud, what kind of brush do you use to apply it? I bought it in the blackest color and I love the staying power, but I can't seem to get the application right. I bought one of those little brushes that goes on an angle (from MAC also) but it doesnt seem to work for me. Is there a trick to using that kind of brush or should I try another brush?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I use 2 different brushes for this.
For a thin line I use a lip brush or Jane Iredale's Detail brush.
Ten for a thicker line or to use all over the lid I use Jane Iredale's Eye Shader brush.
I found the softer the bristles the smoother it went on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problems with application, couldn't seem to get a nice smooth line. I'm going to try LM's cake liner next to see how that goes for me!!
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try it with a lip liner brush instead, like rosebud suggested. I've found that if I use just the tip of the brush I have it works well, but this is hard to do as the rest of the bristles get in the way and smear the line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I , too, love the MAC Fluidline (mine is Iris Eyes which really makes my green eyes pop!) but I also have problems finding the right type of brush. The Iris Eyes is a bright, medium, almost periwinkle, purple so I want to make sure I don’t apply it in too thick of a line otherwise it would like more like eyeshadow than eyeliner, but I can’t find a suitable brush that will give me that pencil-thin line that I’m after.

I’ve tried it with my Smashbox eyeliner brush (the one that you’re supposed to use with the SB Cream Eyeliner), and it works okay but I’d like a brush with bristles that are a tend bit shorter and stiffer, but I don’t want one of those liner brushes that’re all scratchy and harsh.

I spent an hour wandering around in Sephora one day, feeling up all of the liner brushes from the various brands and I couldn’t find what I wanted. I’ve read on MUA about the “push” style eyeliner brush from Bare Escentials that’s supposed to be really good and it sounds like exactly what I’m looking for but I can’t find it anywhere. I’m sure I could order it online, but I’d prefer to be able to test out the brush in person to check out the bristles and stuff.

I ended up buying a slanted liner brush by Studio Gear that had the stiff bristles I was after, but I’m not really thrilled with how my Fluidline looks when I use that brush to apply it. I’ve just finalized a swap with someone on MUA to get an Ecco Bella eyeliner brush, so I’m interested to see how that works out.

I hadn’t thought about using a lip liner brush to apply my Fluidline...maybe because most of the lip brushes I’ve seen/felt have been too soft and the bristles seem like they’d bee too long to give you enough control to get a smooth, fine line. But I’m going to Sephora today, so maybe I’ll give the lipliner brushes another look....

In the meantime, I guess I’ll continue making do with my Smashbox liner brush until the day comes when I finally locate the perfect brush. It’s really a shame, because the Iris Eyes Fluidline does such amazing things for my eyes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate,

Did you ever find the perfect brush for your Fluidline?

Thanks, BF - curious!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!

I use the MAC 212 brush - look it up on their website.

Its a square shaped brush - bristles are thinly packed together, and form a straight line.

This is the brush I use to "get in there" or to draw a thinner line.

I also use the angled brush, but I keep coming back to the 212.

=)
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I heart my fluidline, and am almost kicking myself for buying it when i did, because now i don't ever use my stila smudgepot Wink

anyway Smile i've tried several brushes, including the mac one but the brush that works best for me cost me 5$ on sale at an artshop.

it's an H.J. series 925 white taklon brush. it's 1/4" and slanted.

it's perfect. i've never gone back Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Try MAC brush 263. It's a small angled brush and it's fabulous for applying fluidline. I can make the line as thin or as thick as I want. I really really recommend this brush. Before that I had used Bobbi Brown eyeliner brushes and they don't compare with the 263.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use my Trish McEvoy #11 brush for lining my eyes with fluidline.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Try MAC brush 263. It's a small angled brush and it's fabulous for applying fluidline. I can make the line as thin or as thick as I want. I really really recommend this brush. Before that I had used Bobbi Brown eyeliner brushes and they don't compare with the 263.

I agree! I bought 263 just for my fluidline and I can't live without it. My 266 couldn't compare because that one was made for powder products. So don't assume any angle brush can cut it - it's best to use one made with taklon/synthetics as it glides on more smoothly. Also I don't even have to wash my 263 after every use because my fluideline will NEVER dry or cake on it.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Excuse my stupidness but how exactly does the fluid line work? Is it a liquid or more like the Smashbox cream eyeliner? Does it give a good effect from one line above top lashes?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I have Dipdown (a great brown for everyday).
The fluidline is in a little clear pot and you dip your brush into it.
It has a firm consistenc (like a solid mousse).
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
Excuse my stupidness but how exactly does the fluid line work? Is it a liquid or more like the Smashbox cream eyeliner? Does it give a good effect from one line above top lashes?

It's most like bobbi brown's gel liner except bb's is more creamy and MAC's is more gel and slightly more firm. I only need one line but I draw a thin line for everyday and a thicker one when I want a more dramatic look.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui, isn't the 263 amazing??!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I lived without it before! I geek out using it every morning. My husband avoids making eye contact with me and backs away sloooowwwlllyyy!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |