Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Opinions on Dr H bronzer!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Will it work for my NC30 skin?...I am planning to mix it with Skinceutical sunsreen mainly....And how much do you really need to mix in......say 1:3(sunscreen to bronzer)...need help ASAP!
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
just to clarify - are you talking about the bronzer in the bottle that you can mix with your moisturiser or the bronzer that comes in a compact and you dust on with a brush...? <i think you mean the first one>

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I am talking about the liquid bronzing concentrate.......
Mabsy

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm an NW20 and it works fine for me. I find that I only need a little bit of it. For me the ratio is more like the other way around - three parts sunscreen/moisturiser to one part bronzer. However, I use the bronzer to make tinted moisturisers out of my normal moisturisers - this gives me just enough colour to look healthy Smile If you actually want to use this as a bronzer then you'll need to use more. You can also use this "straight" on your skin without mixing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:01 am      Reply with quote
OOps....I actually meant the ratio as 3 parts sunscreen to one part bronzer. Thanks for pointing out Mabsy(without even intending to)!
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:49 am      Reply with quote
That's about the same ration that I use.....maybe a little more than 3/4's sunscreen/moisturizer for my face a neck. I'm an NC20-25. Sometimes I mix with body moisturizer and apply to my legs as well when I want a little extra glow. I like this bronzer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm assuming that NW20, NC20, etc represents some kind of skintype classification, yes? Could you gals explain?

TIA
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I am NC25/30 and the bronze concentrate works well for me, I tend to mix it with my sunscreen or moisturiser. and then I add a little extra to my cheekbones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I'm assuming that NW20, NC20, etc represents some kind of skintype classification, yes? Could you gals explain?

TIA

These are the MAC codes for foundation colours. C is for cool tones/W is for warm. 20 is v fair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes these codes where explained to me too a little while ago Laughing NC means Not Cool and NW means not warm.
Now I have cool colourings and was told that I need NC to warm my complexion up. My friend has a warm complexion and wears NW to cool her complexion down.
Confusing I know!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes rosebud, I thought so...the not cool and not warm part!But I am not sure about cool toned people wearing NC...I have very warm complexion and i was suggested NC30!
What I do know is that warm toned people have greenish veins showing through at the inside of their wrist (or anywhere for that matter)...and cool toned people have bluish veins.....and i certainly have greenish veins!
Mabsy

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I've always struggled with the MAC classifications and have read conflicting info about them Smile And I've also found they're not consistend across MAC SAs either Mad I was recommended NW20 (while in the US recently) while the MAC counter in Australia said NC15 Rolling Eyes

I still not 100% sure what tone my skin is. I've been told that I'm cool toned but looking at my veins (after what mithai just posted) I can't really decide if they're blue or green; they're in-between! Brick wall

SassyRed - if you're reading this, what's your diagnosis?... Deb's the only person that I've met so far off the EDS forum that could help me figure this out Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Oh Mabsy....I guess those veins do look somewhere between blue-green on everyone! Maybe if you compare it to a person who has a different skin tone than yours you will see the difference...or may be you are an in-betweeni.e., neutral

I saw that pic of your eyes..(beautiful eyes BTW)...and looks to me you are cool toned....gotta look at those veins though Wink ..
Mabsy

Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mithai Embarassed - I'll stick to cool toned then. In that case, I'm cool toned and I use NW20. I hope that makes sense....

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |