Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

This Might Be The Best Skincare Line - Xeridianskincare.com
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
JohnGiles

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
So I've read this entire site and I can't find any reviews of the Xeridian line of products, which surprises me because I've had two dermatologists recommend this line to me so I figured it was popular enough to have someone on here review it. Anyway, allow me to enlighten everyone!

I'm a skincare junkie, I'm always looking for a product that will work on my sensitive skin, I mean actually work not just moisturize or plump up my skin. I'm 42 and I want to look 29, that is how dramatic I demand to see results from my products. Needless to say it's been a long search. So I took my dermatologist's advice and got some products. Now I have tried all the high-end lines out there (Dr. Perricone, Cellex-C, Skinceuticals, Obagi, and the list goes on), so I was very skeptical when I got the Xeridian line.

Well after two weeks of using the products I was sold, and I've been using it for over a month now and the results have been dramatic. I had some minor adult acne (nothing big but it seems like I had 3 or so at any one time, all the time) which has completely cleared up, I never get redness after shaving any more, and the lines around my eye have almost entirely disappeared. But the best part is that those folds/lines that run from your nostrils down by the side of your mouth (nasolabial folds they're technically called I believe) have pulled back, like the skin has tightened up so they're diminished, and everything is less puffy so that has helped diminished it too. So in short I highly recommend this line. It's at xeridianskincare.com (I bought the 2 undereye products and the 2 face products, I haven't tried the body product yet).
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I just checked out the site and I have to say I'm VERY impressed. The products look to be quite similar to the IS Clinical line (and we all know that katee LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IS Clinical). The products aren't cheap, but the pricing is certainly more reasonable than IS Clinical.

The one thing that confused me is that one of the serums contains both Vitamin C and Copper Peptide. I emailed the company to ask how they managed to put both actives in one serum without having one cancel out the effectiveness of the other. I'm anxiously awaiting their reply.

Anyway, thanks to JohnGiles for pointing out the site....and welcome to the forum!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Looks much cheaper actually, as the bottles are 2oz, not 1... Smile Why do I insist on reading product reviews...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Site definately looks interesting, but I can't help but ask, John do you work for this company? And just curious Katee, does copper counter act other actives? I use to slap a copper serum on along with everything else, maybe no wonder nothing worked Brick wall .
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
CPs are very sensitive to acids. If you use an exfoliating acid for example, you need to wait half an hour before applying CPs.

In the case of Vit C, you need 12 hours and then a good wash before applying CPs.

If these products have both, personally alarm bells would be ringing. Especially if they get a rave review from a first time poster Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I've read that about copper peptides and vit c too....
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks John for the link! Looks very interesting! I'm just curious though, are you using any prescription products from your dermatologist as well? I use rX Tazorac in the PM and rX Finacea in the AM so I'm always wondering how I'd fit extra products in without giving up the daily use of my prescriptions.

-Cheri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:32 am      Reply with quote
It also seems like there are no preservatives at all in these products which seems strange and it makes me question the shelf life and stability. I would love Darren's input on this. I believe he has said that a small amount of some kind of perservative is necessary....
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I could be wrong but I think i read where they have to have preservatives by law. So maybe why a small amount is needed.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Also thanks for the cp info, I truely had no idea.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...don't mean to be pessimistic but what looks too good to be true usually is...
linda carter
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Never hear about this brand at all in the UK! Sounds good though!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I mentioned that I emailed Xeridian to ask them about the fact that one of their serums included CP AND Vit C AND AHAs.... The reply was prompt. Here it is:

Hi Kate, thanks for the compliment on the products. You're right
about the Vitamin C and traditional copper peptides, normally they can't be
included in the same product. Copper Gluconate and other copper compounds
normally break down around Hydroxy Acids and Vitamin C, however, we use a
Copper Amino Acid Peptide Complex, the same as discovered by Dr. Loren
Pickart who later began using them in the Procyte products and licensed
their use to Neutrogena for a few years until the patent expired in May of
2004. Sometimes these are referred to as Generation II Copper Peptides
because they are much more stable and resistant against breakdown, they
could even be used in the presence of alpha and beta hydroxy acids (though
we only include them in the daytime formula of our products). Let me know
if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Brian Mobley
Xeridian

I have to do a bit of independent research before I accept the answer at face value, but I will say that I'm very impressed that they responded promptly and in some detail.

I'm way too happy with IS Clinical to switch, but since so many members of this forum found the price of the IS Clinical products to be prohibitive, I thought paying a little more attention to this was in order.

I'll also say that the first thing that I wondered about was whether JohnGiles worked for Xeridian. To JohnGiles: Don't be put off by the fact that some of us wondered about that. If you are affiliated with the line, it's okay and I would expect that if someone works with an innovative product, they'd do a little prosletyzing. If you aren't, don't worry about it. I get pm's all the time from people asking me if I work for IS Clinical (I don't). Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'll also say that the first thing that I wondered about was whether JohnGiles worked for Xeridian. To JohnGiles: Don't be put off by the fact that some of us wondered about that. If you are affiliated with the line, it's okay and I would expect that if someone works with an innovative product, they'd do a little prosletyzing. If you aren't, don't worry about it. I get pm's all the time from people asking me if I work for IS Clinical (I don't).

Perhaps John doesn't work for the company. I agree with Katee that if he/she does just make it known. I worked for JB for several months. As soon as I took the position I included it in my signature when JB would be mentioned. Darren also owns his own company and is very upfront about it. Sassyred also was another example.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I mentioned that I emailed Xeridian to ask them about the fact that one of their serums included CP AND Vit C AND AHAs.... The reply was prompt. Here it is:

Hi Kate, thanks for the compliment on the products. You're right
about the Vitamin C and traditional copper peptides, normally they can't be
included in the same product. Copper Gluconate and other copper compounds
normally break down around Hydroxy Acids and Vitamin C, however, we use a
Copper Amino Acid Peptide Complex, the same as discovered by Dr. Loren
Pickart who later began using them in the Procyte products and licensed
their use to Neutrogena for a few years until the patent expired in May of
2004. Sometimes these are referred to as Generation II Copper Peptides
because they are much more stable and resistant against breakdown, they
could even be used in the presence of alpha and beta hydroxy acids (though
we only include them in the daytime formula of our products). Let me know
if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Brian Mobley
Xeridian

If you look on the skinbio website which is run by Loren Pickart, then you will find that it is very specific about NOT using hydroxy acids within half an hour of using CPs and that you MUST wait 12 hours before application of vit C serums.

The skinbio copper serums ARE the 2nd generation of CPs.

I would contact Dr Pickart directly at the skinbio forum if you are thinking of getting this stuff (he is quite good at responding to stuff like this)

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm not particularly surprised that there's no reviews of it here - given the lack of anything about this line pretty much everywhere as far as I know...

Has anybody tried searching for it? Google comes up with absolutely nothing - not just no reviews - which tells me that that website either hasn't been around very long or, well, anyway.... Anxious

So, which derms actually stock this line and/or recommend it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Exactly my thoughts guapagirl. I had done extensive research on copper peptides awhile back. People here may remember that I used CP for quite a long time....

Back then, I was using the CP at night and Vit C in the am, PRECISELY because of what I had read.

I didn't see any results from the CP and changed my skincare routine. I would only use CP after a glycolic peel. Now, since I've been using the IS Clinical stuff, I stopped doing glycolic peels (don't need them, it seems) and so, my Super Cop serum has a cozy place in my cabinet.

When I first read the reply to my email, I couldn't figure out why this one company was the ONLY one that had figured out you could combine the two, etc. I went back to the skinbio site before I saw guapagirl's post. She's absolutely correct.

As I said earlier, I never had any intention of switching from IS Clinical, but I was intrigued by this stuff. I'm not dismissing the stuff either - it may in fact be an effective line in some respects. Unfortunately, despite the fact that ingredients look fabulous, it's clear that at least two of the active ingredients, the CP and Vit C, cancel each other out. Add a high concentration AHA and I think it accentuates the problem. Ah well....
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I posted the question about 2nd generation CP's and Vit C on the Skin Biology website and how Xeridian products claimed they are compatable- Dr Pickart replied and this was his response:

"These companies say anything. Ask them for some published evidence in science journals that any of their specific products do anything."
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
well done Lily, and here's your link!

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/7310000073

straight from the horses mouth so to speak!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just came across this thread. Didn't go to this company's website, but I can tell you that copper peptides of any type cannot be used with vitamin c products. You need at least 12 hours between application of each product, some researchers believe that 24 hours is even better, as vitamin c stays active in the skin for up to 72 hours after application.
I would be very leary of any company who claims to have figured out how to include 2 totally incompatible substances together without any studies or performance data to back it up. And for them to say that it is a generation 2 CP shows that they are not up on their industry research. Because Gen2 CP's are still incompatible with vit C.

In response to the question of preservatives, we agonized over whether or not to add preservatives to our line, but after we did the research, we were able to use a very small amount of naturally derived parabens in addition to some natural antibacterial/antimicrobial & antifungal herbs & extracts. We tried some test batches with just the extracts, and the results of the bacteriology assays were very disappointing to say the least. We decided that the stability of the product & the health dangers from using bacteria-laden products on the face & around the eyes was greater than the minute amounts of preservatives that we ended up adding to the products.

In short, we could have produced a preservative-free line & promoted it as such, but we felt it would have resulted in an inferior product & inevitable future problems for our customers. It isn't against the law to market a preservative-free product, but it must pass a bacteriology test. (At the time of manufacture.) But what happens after it has been used or sat in storage for 6 months? A year?

I dunno...just a thought Rolling Eyes
So there you go...more fuel for the fire! Laughing
-Darren
(Pure Skin Formulations)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Here's my contribution to the fire!

I was browsing MUA and noticed a thread on on copper peptides. Here's what one lady had to say about it: "It is 12 hours but SkinBio has changed their position (ro) Apparently feedback suggests that there are no ill effects from combining so they are saying it's fine if you want to use the two together.
I even e-mailed Dr. Pickart and that was his response. I'm still keeping it at AM vs. PM but not so fanatic about actual number of hours."

Here's a link to the entire thread:

http://www.makeupalley.com/board/m.asp/id=25406275/iPN=1/

On a side note, I remembered I had a small bottle of SB CP serum that someone gave me a year ago, so I used a couple drops of it last night under my rx Tazorac. Hope my face doesn't blow up. Geez that stuff stinks! Was mine rancid or does it always smell that way?

-Cheri
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
CPs totally stink, IMO, but you will get used to the smell over time...I don't think yours has gone bad. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I wonder why Dr. Pickardt has changed his position. All copper peptides are are peptides that are made in the presence of copper. With that in mind, anyone with experience in chemistry can tell you that vitamin c will oxidize & be oxidized itself by metal, and metalloproteins, being so small & reactive I would think would be even worse. I'd love to see some research for why he now feels this combination is non-reactive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I sent skin bio an email to ask about this, but they didn't give much of a response...

"Dear Jennifer,

We said to use them separately but no one has ever had a problem using
them together.

And many women say they use both and have beautiful skin.

Skinbio Team"

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well is it just me, or is it odd, Mr John Giles, hasnt even bothered to reply to his own post? Shock Not that it matters, but I still think he works for or is part of this company. Only thing that matters to me is when one tries to hide it upfront, makes me wonder why, as all of you stated, alot on here do have a connection to various companies, but they are up front about it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |