Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

hyperpigmentation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
uk man
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Hi... ime currently using "Jan Marini bioglycolic facial lotion" in the morning and Copper Peptide ("Super cop x2") in the evening to help diminish some mild hyperpigmentation, my question is is it ok to apply sun protection over the Jan Marini facial lotion? and also could i even apply vitimin c serum before the facial lotion?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Well, considering this product has glycolic acid in it, I hope you are using a sunscreen! And the stronger the better. Smile Any product with AHAs will make your skin more at risk for sun damage, and things like hyperpigmentation. Sun in general is bad for hyperpigementation and will undermine your efforts to rid yourself from it...

As for C serum, you can most defintely use it with the facial lotion. I think it might be better to use it about half an hour after though, as the glycolic acid before hand should make the C more easily absorbed. If you use it first, it might just get exfoliated off...I could be wrong about this though.

HTH Smile

Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
You should definitely be using sunblock when using AHA products. I don't know much about copper peptides and the best time to use those, but if you can use them in the morning then I'd recommend that. That way you're using the AHA at night which, I am told, reduces some of the potential sensitivity of your newly exfoliated skin to the sun.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
hi..or could i use them both on a night?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
You can use both, AHAs and copper peptides, at night, but you need to wait at least half an hour before applying the copper peptides.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Smile ok thanks Faith for the advice
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
For hyperpigmentation I highly recommend the Q-switched Ruby laser. I'm 37 yrs. old now, but back when I was in my teens, I was known to squeeze those annoying pimples and as a result, an area on both my right and left cheek had post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that never cleared up. I used Retin-a, hydroquinone, porcelana, Apple cider vinegar, salicylic acid, and various topicals. Nothing got rid of this hyperpigmentation that seemed deeply imbedded over the years. I daily used concealer to lighten them. Over this summer, I read an article about laser treatments that don't cut the skin, but treats hyperpigmentation. And since I tend to keloid, I needed something done that didn't cut skin. So, I asked my dermatologist about it, and lo and behold, he said that he has the Q-switched ruby laser which takes care of hyperpigmentation. He walked me over to the nurse who was available to do this procedure during my visit, so I didn't have to schedule another appointment. Gotta love that. I didn't need any numbing done to my cheeks. I had to wear those special glasses to protect my eyes, and the said I would feel pulses like a rubber band smacking my cheeks. It wasn't bad, and well worth it for the results I was hoping to attain. At first, right after the laser treatment the areas on my cheeks looked frosty white, then it faded into a bruised look. There was no cutting involved. All I had to do is apply vaseline 2 times daily to the area for 7 days. Then the area would form a thin scab and it would fall off. That thin scab fell off exactly 7 days after treatment, and I had white, new skin underneath. My skin is actually naturally tan, but the nurse told me that the pigment of my skin will return, and to give it 6 months for the full effect making sure to always wear sunblock. What a difference. I only wish that I had the nurse do the other 3 spots I had from recent post-acne hyperpigmentation. But I knew those would definately fade in several weeks since I didn't damage those areas by profusely squeezing the pimples there. I hope this helps somebody. Smile If my insurance doesn't cover it, then the nurse told me it'll cost me $200. After all the topicals I've used over the years that didn't work, it was well worth it.

Rita
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |