Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
dry skin recommendation for foot cream and facial care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shorty68

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for the following:

1) good quality foot cream for dry feet (I have really dry skin on the soles of my feet). There is no callus problem.

2) facial products for exfoliating, moisturizing, mask, or cleanser which is suitable for extra dry skin. Something for removing blackheads would be good.

Basically I don't have any routine except to use an Estee' Lauder rinse off makeup remover and some Lancome' moisturizer for extra dry skin. I have tried using toners before, but given that my skin is really dry, it just aggravated the problem.

Thanks.

-Eileen
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Shorty68 and welcome to the forum! Smile
My skin is combo to oily so I can't suggest any products for your face. However, I do have a recommendation for your feet - L'Occitane's shea butter foot creams. Have a look -

http://usa.loccitane.com/product/category.asp?type=Usage&parentCategory=usg_BodyHands&categoryName=usg_bh_FootCare&Sort=1&=

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:41 am      Reply with quote
For the feet, Burt's Bees make a really good one. It's great for dry feet but it's greasy so I use it as an overnight treatment (works very well though!).

As far as skincare is concerned, I think Dr Hauschka might be a good choice if you're happy to try natural skincare. The Cleansing Cream should help with the blackheads and it won't leave your skin feeling dry. Their Rose Day Cream is the richest cream they have (and is also lovely as an eye cream).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I too would recomend Dr Hauschka for facial care especially the Cleansing Cream and the Rose Day Cream. For feet I always use aquious cream or vasilene, works a treat in softening any dry skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Must admit that I found the Burt's Bees Foot Ointment didn't really work for me. I'd probably recommend getting a good footfile. (Lots of people here seem to like Diamancel and the much cheaper Luxor footfiles.) Then a foot cream I really love is Scholl's Deep Moisturising Cream. Scholl also do a fantastic pumice foot scrub. Slathering rich cream on to leave overnight whilst sleeping (wearing cotton socks) is a very good way of softening your feet.

The best two facial moisturising creams I've found for my horribly dry skin have been the horrendously expensive Creme de la Mer and the even more horrendously expensive Chantecaille Bio-Dynamic Lifting Cream. Cheaper, but still very effective options I've liked are Neal's Yard Frankincense Moisturiser (lots of natural ingredients) and Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough. Using a serum underneath, like REN's Omega 3 or one of Decleor's Oils, helps skin even more and makes applying your moisturiser much easier.

As for facial exfoliation, I'm really loving Epidermx at the moment, followed by Silkia Camellia Oil, and use that twice weekly.

I'm using, and adore, St Ives Radiant Moisture Rich Cream Cleanser at the moment. It doesn't dry out my skin and is helping to keep blemishes at bay. But I'd love to try the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream that lots of people recommend on here. I understand that it's supposed to be great for getting rid of blackheads.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Oooh, and if you want to use a non-drying toner, I'd heartily recommend Liz Earle's Skin Boost. Otherwise, Decleor's pink toner (sorry, can't remember the name) is pretty good.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should try Cetaphile gentle cleanser.

As for moisterizer, how about Cellcosmet creams? They seem to be getting excellent reviews.

I think Burt's Bees and L'Occtaine shea butter 100% is excellent
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for the Burt's Bees foot creme...there's also a great kit that has the creme and other stuff in it for your feet that could be helpful. The Dr. Scholl's pumice scrub sounds like it would work well with it, too...
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Now I know this may sound starnge but vaselene/petrolium jelly works wonders for my feet, when I am sat down about to start watching a film, I smother my feet in this stuff.
Then after the film has finnished I just wipe away any residue. Works a treat on dry cracked heels.
As for a facial moisturiser I would go for the Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream or the Quince Day Cream

Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |