Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pure & Simple mineral foundations/Cosmetics review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
here's a copy of the review i did on a PCOS board.

Quote:
For canadian cysters who want a less expensive mineral makeup than Jane Iredale, i can really recommend this brand from this spa. http://www.pureandsimple.ca/2005/ne...html#foundation

I recently purchased this as it's a canadian spa product and i could order it through their website. I've used it for 1 week and it is amazing. You get 15 grams total product in the compact than Jane Iredale(10 grams) and the price is CAD$39.95. The colour i ordered (swiss coffee) is perfect and blends so well, that in every light condition (strong sunlight, office lighting, low light etc) it always looks great. It's blends so well into the skin it's virtually invisible for 12+hrs and doesn't have that irritating shiny look to it. I've had multiple compliments on how smooth and beautiful my skin is this past week. One light application in the morning completely covers my roseacea redness and i don't have to reapply at any time during the day or evening. One caveat is that i have oily skin and some shine does come through for me around lunchtime, but i take care of that by blotting with a tissue. The oil lifts and the colour stays so that is great too.

I can't say enough good things about this MMU. I love it and it will be my new makeup bag staple....

i've used this everyday for a few weeks and have not had anything bad to say about it....

I also love it because it's easily available online to Canadians as well, with no exchange or customs broker fees to worry about.... Wink

rosyface
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Wow thanks for the info rosyface!

I'm very intrigued - especially since it's a Canadian company (yay! no exchange or brokerage fees!).

The only thing that makes me hesitate is the colour swatches on the website. They don't look very helpful. I'm quite pale with pink undertones, so I can't tell if I'm Chrysanthemum, Lily or something else entirely.

Their face colours look nice as well. Have you tried anything else from this line?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
cheezwiz;

how i decided on my colour choice was a bit convoluted but i went to the JI website and at the colour swatch page, i selected the ones that i thought would be good colours and then on each colour swatch i right clicked and copied the swatch to "my pictures". i named them so that they would all be organized together and then i did the same with the Pure and Simple colour swatches. Then i compared the colour samples on screen side by side and chose the ones closest to what i was already using.

Another trick i heard in choosing foundation colours is that most people are more yellow toned than they think and if they pick a too pink toned foundation it may not give them the results they are looking for. So, with that in mind, i chose colours that were considered neutral with both pink and yellow tones. I was definitely the best decision for me because the colours i chose for summer and winter are perfect for me and look incredibly natural...i also am very pale but have roseacea redness to deal with so the neutral shades i chose are the best for me.

I looked at the colours you mentioned and just in my opinion, Lily is a very pink colour and would make very pale skin maybe too pink?

Chrysanthemum is really really pale and could give you a gothic pale look....

Swiss Coffee is a pale neutral good for summer and slightly tanned skin and Creme is a tiny bit paler neutral and would be good for winter when any tan has faded. Also, the neutral colours pick up either tone in your skin and work well to balance your colour....however, that said, the choice is completely up to you...I hope you decide to give this product a try...i'm still completely happy with my choice. It's a wonderful product.

best wishes

rosyface
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rosyface,

I was looking at the Swiss Coffee & Creme as well because they seemed more neutral. I have pinky undertones and reddish blotches, so more neutral makeup usually gives me better coverage.

I suspect I'm somewhere between Chrysanthymum & Creme. I will bookmark this site for the future and if I like the products, maybe I'll buy both & mix!

5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review on pure & simple MMU. It sounds great! I just want to know if this MMU also work on flaky skin in the winter because most MMU that I have tried make my skin look really dry and unpretty.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
umtanhsl: the trick to MMU is to exfoliate, exfoliate, depilate, depilate. In other words, gently remove dead skin cells(regulary and consistently) that would flake, and remove fine peach fuzz hair on your face.

In the winter, im going to use Aspirin Mask every few days to make sure there are no flakies and i always do gentle hair removal with finishing touch mini razor. also, let your moisturizer really soak in for 10 -15 minutes before you apply MMU.

Then you should be good to go!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |