Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A VERY MINTY TINGLY PRODUCT!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
This is for all of you that love MINTY & TINGLY products. (You know who you are Wink )
I had a breakout on my forehead last week and read a post that Caspers Mum responded to in reference that breakouts on forehead can be from styling products. Well sure enough, I just started using this very waxy and greasy styling product (Joico Brilliantine) on my bangs which was the culprit! As soon as I stopped using the product, no more new zits. Anyhoo, I cleared them up in less than a week using KISS MY FACE BOTANICAL ACNE GEL under Yonka's creme 15. You can get this at a healthfood store and it is U.S. $16 for 1 full oz. or 29 ml. It is the mintiest and most tingling product I have ever felt! It is ALL ORGANIC Very Happy and contains in order of appearance: certified organic floral water of peppermint, lavender, rosemary, sage. steam distilled H2O, red clover, Golden Seal, juniper berries, lemon balm, aloe vera, witch hazel, xanthan gum, tea tree oil, chamomile oil, camphor oil, and Bergamot oil. Good stuff :P
Mabsy

Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Another minty product makes it onto the wishlist Smile Though I don't think Kiss My Face is available here. Something to request from mum when she goes to the US in a few weeks Smile
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Eeheheehehe, Mabsy and I are like the "minty twins."

So is this product (Kiss My Fact) . . . does it work well for acne? Did you put it on spots or just all over? How are you liking the Creme 15?! Isn't it so light, Thoughtcrime? I also suggest trying the Creme PG (also Yonka, surprise surprise). The Creme PG has a lot less milky texture and is more creamy. I like it alot. If you layer on the Creme 15 too thick it starts to "build up" . . . but it's still good for your skin (just do the "build up" at night while you sleep).

I need to find some of that Kiss My Fact Acne Gel . . .

As for hair products . . . it's always a trick to find stuff that reacts well with your skin. I use to have hair down to my waist and my back broke out all the time due to shampoos and conditioners. The only thing that's worked well with my skin is Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo (and conditioner) and Nioxin Shampoo and Scalp Therary (ALL TINGY PRODUCTS -- I AM VERY CONSISTENT AS YOU CAN TELL). Also, the Nioxin styling products are really nice -- you can also try anything of Paul Mitchell's that has tea tree in it. It smells good and is minty -- but it also doesn't cause acne as much. Sebastian products are also good. I can't really talk much about hair sprays and gels since my hair has been chin-length for nearly 5 years now Smile I had the long hair "episode" while I was in high school. It was great and shiny -- but WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time. I also had to use a LOT of shampoo and conditioner and a LOT of electricity just DRYING my hair hee hee.

Okay, sorry for the random tangent. I'm going to find the Kiss My Fact products soon! Thanks Thoughtcrime for the suggestion!

And Mabsy -- if your Mum doesn't have time to get the product, let me know -- I can buy you a tube and mail it to you, K? No problem at all -- just U2U your mailing address (so the entire forum doesn't stalk you hee hee hee) or email me at lpwang@alumni.rice.edu Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Chunlisa, Hee Hee I WAS thinking of you and Mabsy when I found out how tingly and minty this product is. By the way, the brand is KISS MY FACE and the product is called botanical acne gel and is in a green tube. I had the breakout on my forehead so I just put it on my forehead, waited a few seconds and then put Yonka's creme 15 over it as a moisturizer. I think it works great for acne but it wasn't an overnight miracle gel. It took a little less than a week (approx. 5 days) to clear up completely. I love B.E. mineral veil by the way, thanks for the recommendation. The coverage is pretty good-- on my good skin days, I just use the mineral veil with no concealer or anything. Creme PG huh? I'll have to ask for a sample. Thanks for your recommendations Smile
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime!

I have no idea why the computer put "Kiss my FACT" instead of "Kiss my FACE." Maybe my finger was acting up and didn't want to hit the "e" all day ahahahaha -- thanks for pointing that out!

Lisa
Mabsy

Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by chunlisa

And Mabsy -- if your Mum doesn't have time to get the product, let me know -- I can buy you a tube and mail it to you, K? No problem at all -- just U2U your mailing address (so the entire forum doesn't stalk you hee hee hee) or email me at lpwang@alumni.rice.edu Very Happy

Tee hee hee, now YOU are going to get stalked! Smile Thanks heaps for the offer Lisa. I might take you up on that eventually if it's not too much trouble. I'll write it down on mum's list though first and see how she goes. If you ever need anything from Aus let me know (hmmm... I'm not too sure what we have here that's unique.... I'm sure there is something!). I've sent you a U2U Smile

Mabsy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Hello,

I was in a healthfoods store today and saw the Kiss My Face line, Thoughtcrime! And I could not resist! I had to buy the acne gel to see what it's like.

One question: Does it dry out your skin over long-term use?

I almost bought the minty mask too but I wanted to try this first. I also bought an eye creme from Kiss My Face so I figure 2 products is enough to test out the brand.

I will post my thoughts in a day or so hee hee hee. I can't wait to try it!

Lisa
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Lisa! The KMF acne gel is awesome, I LOVE IT. My only gripe is that it's real liquidy, so be careful a lot can come out, and I mean ALOT. It can get pretty wasteful. I'm almost done with my 2nd tube and I haven't noticed it to be overly drying. I don't put it on my whole face or anything, just on a zit, or if I get a breakout before my period. It's not an overnight miracle treatment. It usually takes anywhere from 4 days to a full week for the zits to go away completely. I've liked everything I've tried in that line, namely the: acne gel, the pore shrink mask (smells like tea tree oil) and the underage moisturizer (for p.m. because it's rich, but it smells gorgeous--like roses)! I'm curious to know what the eye cream is like. But right now I'm reluctant to part with my Orlane one. :P I also remembering liking their peaches and cream body lotion--I think that's what it's called.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |