Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Got my face waxed and my skin feels itchy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Brazilian girl
5% products discount

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi you all,

Well, I've got a lot of hair on my face, so I sometimes have it waxed. Every time I have that done my face fells very strange and itchy, sometimes I get little red bumps around my jaw line, too. How can I solve that problem?
Do you think it might be caused by the wax?

5% products discount

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
my sister had the same problem until she started using tend skin.

http://www.tendskin.com/do4you.htm
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Brazilian girl, have you considered trying Sally Hansen's facial depilatory products?
manchita99
5% products discount

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
hi,

I wax my legs, bikini line, underarms, upper lip and eyebrows. Yes, it does get red, itchy and it hurts! But my esthetician uses Dermalogica After Sun Cream to soothe the skin and it's like magic. Remember, with waxing, don't wash the skin afterwards, otherwise it will get very irritated. Also facial skin is more sensitive than other skin. Make sure whoever waxes you, that they use wax for sensitive skin. It's usually a greeny blue wax. also, for pain, take a pain killer (tylenol, aspirin, advil) prior to waxing and you may feel less pain. No doubt, it will hurt though, so if it's too much maybe a depilatory cream may be better, (although that may cause irritation as well with all the chemicals in it. Hope this helps somewhat. I do not know what it is like to wax the whole face, so I can't completely relate.

Good Luck!

Manchita99
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Sally Hanson facial hair removers ... on my upper lip and chin ... and it made my skin numb! The areas where I used it became numb ... and stayed numb for two or three days. It was very odd ... and a little disturbing. Embarassed

Thinking that perhaps this was a "one off" reaction ... I waited several months and tried it again ... but only on my chin ... but again the product numbed that area of my face.

This wasn't a good "botox-like" numbing ... this was a very peculiar numbing ... that didn't seem to have any added benefits to it ... so I threw the product out.

Just a word of warning ...

Mary
Brazilian girl
5% products discount

Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your suggestions. My face feels a little better today( thank goodness!).
I've used some aloe vera gel, and that helped a lot. Hope you all well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:

Quote:
I tried the Sally Hanson facial hair removers ... on my upper lip and chin ... and it made my skin numb!

Sorry to hear about the bizarre numbing. Is this product effective? I'm looking for a good numbing product to use on my bikini area before waxing.......????? Seriously, though, I use a microwave waxing product that works well, and have used many times (8 to 10) with minimal pain, that normally goes with waxing that area. However, this last time I waxed, with the same product, same routine, it was painful! I had to stop before I was finished! Strange how it's never bugged me that much before, and now, all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, my pain tolerance decreased.

Speaking of pain tolerance, several studies show that redheads, natually born, of course, are more sensitive to pain than blondes or brunettes. We, redheads, require 20% more anesthesia.(released in 2002) A study released just this month (September 11, 2005) found that a ginger gene in redheads appear to be responsible for a lower tolerance to extremes in temperatures. (Louisville University in Kentucky) No wonder I'm such a weenie!!!

(In case you're wondering, I've known about the pain tolerance study since 2002, when it was released, so I can't blame this one incident on that!)

A bit of trivia for the day. (I've noticed there appears to be a few redheads on this site)

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |