Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Epidermx/Microdermx
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
What's going on? My usual Epidermx distributor has sent a link to her new site and its now MICRODERMX?! It seems to have similar products and names. Confused!!!
Anyone explain?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Well, remember SassyRed, a member here that used to distribute Epidermx? She posted a while back that the Epidermx corporate broke up a few months ago. Those that left the corporate formed a new company and came up with this Microdermx, based on the original Epidermx recipe.

At that time I remember SassyRed said the new product name was Mystic Mountains or something like that but apparently it's the Microdermx now. It's basically the same thing as Epidermx, made by the same company in Canada. Search SassyRed's old posts and you'll find out more. Very Happy
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh one more thing. Reading from one of SassyRed's old posts, the Epidermx web site you used to go to is an Epidermx DISTRIBUTOR's site, not the Epidermx Corporate site. Apparently that distributor is selling this Microdermx now so her site became Microdermx. I just typed in "www.epidermx.com" and it showed up Microdermx. Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks athena!!

Will check out Sassys threads - what a shame though - the product is fab!

Have compared the ingredients between the Epidermx and the Microdermx and the Microdermx is very similar but has a few minor adjustments and they sound more natural (they have left out the Glycol Stearate and lst only recognisably 'natural'ingredients).

The packaging is better - hoping the product is as good - if its better I'll be delighted!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you find the Microdermx ingredients? I went to the site but didn't see it listed. It's $49, wondering if it's worth it. The Epidermx is about $30 on some other sites I googled.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
On a link she sent to previous customers, for info'ingredients are listed as:

Ingredients: Purified acqueous extract of:
Chamomile Flowers, Elder Flowers, Rose Hips Spring Horse Tail Grass, Aloe Vera.

Pharmaceutical grade, pure fused corundum crystals, behentrimonium methylsuflate, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol rose hip seed oil, safflower oil, grape seed oil, mango butter, essential oils of Grapefruit oil, sweet orange oil, grapefruit seed extract, lavender oil, vitamin E, caprylic acid, xanthum gum, mango fragrance Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
hey all! yepppper Microdermx is Epidermx. I think I mentioned that Mystic Mt would be Microdermx. Now from my understanding the formula was tweaked a bit due to the name change and maybe those who like Epidermx will like it better.

The same distributors (one use to post here often) that sold Epidermx are now selling Microdermx and if you notice the prices seem higher, even the samples are high. Of course now I am hearing Microdermx is better, but of course, and maybe it is....

I recently tried MAC's refiner and it is ok, don't love it and plan to try Mary Kay and Philosophy next, maybe even Loreal/Avon but suspect they aren't that great. I did like Epidermx but I will keep trying others til I find one I like, I won't however try Dr. Brandt due to the ridiculous price tag!

I am dying to try Dr. Pat Wexler's New line!! Most of you probably know of her from Oprah and she raved about TNS which I use to rave about BEFORE it was hot. She is just coming out with her own line that Bath & Body Works will sell and maybe her website? Oct 17th is the offical launch but I know a gal who bought a kit and likes it so far! I think she might have an exfoliator in her line! Wink

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
ingredients are listed as:

Ingredients: Purified acqueous extract of:
Chamomile Flowers, Elder Flowers, Rose Hips Spring Horse Tail Grass, Aloe Vera.

Pharmaceutical grade, pure fused corundum crystals, behentrimonium methylsuflate, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol rose hip seed oil, safflower oil, grape seed oil, mango butter, essential oils of Grapefruit oil, sweet orange oil, grapefruit seed extract, lavender oil, vitamin E, caprylic acid, xanthum gum, mango fragrance Very Happy

Here's the ingredient list I got from the Epidermx site:

Purified aqueous extract of: Matricaria Rucutita (Chamomile Flowers), Sambucus Canadensis (Elder Flower), Rosa Canina (Rose Hips), Equiseteum Arvense (Spring Horsetail Grass), and Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), medical grade, pure fused Aluminum Oxide - Corundum Crystals, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate (derived from Canola oil), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Acohol, Glycol Stearate (all natural plant sources), Rosa aff. Rubligiaosa (Rose Hip Seed Oil), Carthamus Tinctorus (Safflower Oil), Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed Oil), Mangifera Indica (Mango Butter), Essential oils of : Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit), Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Octanoic Acid/Serenoa Repens (Saw Palmetto); Caprylic acid, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxymethylglycinate.

Don't seem to be much different, except that Microdermx took out the fancy names ... ... Shock
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |