Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Eyelash Curler?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all!

Whats the best eyelash curler that you have used?

Aga

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shu Uemura's the old standby for me!
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I actually went into a dollar store and got a Japanese brand eyelash curler.

I was skeptical but since it was so cheap I bought it anyway. It works great! It doesn't damage my eyelashes or anything. It works better than the more expensive drugstore brands I bought.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sernx,

Can you describe this little gem for us? I'm in Canada ... so I don't know if my local $ stores have the same stuff as your local $ stores ... but if I knew what I was looking for/at ... it might help. Laughing

Thanks

Mary
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I second SugarFreeSheila's vote for the Shu Uemura lash curler.

I had used a Tweezerman curler for years & the one time that I went in for a facial, she used this on me. She had just purchased it & was anxious to try it & the results were AMAZING. I went out and bought one that day & have been using it ever since.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Used alot and must say Shu too! I like Japonesque BUT 2 broke within months on me? terrible construction apparently! there was a nice round lash with no pinching.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt,

Sorry, I think you might have a tough time finding it..! I found it in a independent dollar store. There was a lot of stuff to buy inside and it was near the tiny makeup section. The box itself is clear and the writing was mostly in Japanese. I threw away the box already so I dont have the brand!

On the other hand, I wanted to buy the Shu eyelash curler at the time I bought this. I think it could be even better!
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Shu Umeras! I heard Shiseidos is good.. havent tried it though =)
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
The ShuShi is the best one-two combo. The Shu works great on my left eye, the Shi works better on my right -- go figure!!! Naturally, I have them both because I am sooooo very rich and can afford them!!!!! hahahahahaha.. What a load of crap Laughing Nah, I just couldn't resist either of them.

I think it's the Shu that is hard to come by replacement pads, but I think the Shi's pads fit.

Also, for last minute uplifting, I love ModelCo. heated wand. You apply after your mascara. Only problem there is that the battery runs out rather quickly...

Maria Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I have had three from the drug stores and they were all about equal
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not having much success with curlers, I used the La Cross Precision for years, it's plastic and really curls most of my lashes but it tends to crack in the middle with daily use after about 3 or 4 weeks. Actually, I'm lucky if I get that much use out of it. Recently I bought a metal one, cheap La Cross. It's not as good at giving a good curl, my lashes poke straight down, but it will last longer.

But, my absolute favourite curler is my Tweezerman corner curler, no other curler I've used has gotten the corners at all this little guy does the job perfectly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your imput! Smile

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
The ShuShi is the best one-two combo. The Shu works great on my left eye, the Shi works better on my right -- go figure!!!

rofl

I've got both as well and I tend to favor the Shiseido one over the Shu. Both are very good though. As is the ModelCo for a more natural lift....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
The Shu without a doubt!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
My all-time fave, including the pinch-type and heated curlers, is my little $3.99 Luxor Go-Curl curler made from white plastic (Japonesque are all black) so it’s easy to see your lashes are all lined up in the “cage” and are ready to be clamped.

My fave *heated* lash curler (so far!) is the one from Blinc. My next fave curler is my Japonesque Double-pad Go-Curl but it can be difficult to use because it’s made from black plastic and my lashes are black so it’s very tricky work trying to tell if you’ve got your lashes aligned correctly. When you get it right, this curler goes the most believable, sweeping curl but if you align your lashes incorrectly, it doesn’t turn out looking so nice....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had been using Revlon for years and bought a Shu Umera recently. Mucho better, but hard to say worth the big price difference. I would have to use it a bit longer but so far a thumbs up.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used very many, but I do like my Shideido eyelash curler very much. Its frames and handles are sturdy and the top frame is kind of curved up so you get to curl at any angle you want without worrying you might poke your eye (if that makes sense at all

HTH! Smile
madison510

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your Post! Perfect~
I Love mascara, Great eyelash curlers and all things Lashes.

My favorite is the Hot Lashes heated 2 pc lash curler! You may want to read reviews on Amazon about Cult favorite Hot Lashes Makeup artist Kit..Absolute best out there~!

They have an amazing sturdy 24K gold metal curler similiar to the Shu Uemura and Sheisdo one that comes with its own seperate pink small heater base that heats just the pad in the curler, this way my curl lasts till the next day.

Makes my eyes POP and Keeps my lashes curly till the next day. they have a website hotlashes...HTH~

Major Rave, the cadillac of curlers..so worth the price. My friends and I love love love this one! Best by far..
HTH~…Smile Abundant blessings..

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
For curlor, I love Janpanse products. I also love Shideido's curler. And recently I find another one which is even better than Shideido!! It is Koji, also a Janpanse brand. Its price is a bit lower than Shideido:)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler....I have spent a fortune and tried most all out there, saw this and decided to give it a try and never looked back! Love it!!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:
For curlor, I love Janpanse products. I also love Shideido's curler. And recently I find another one which is even better than Shideido!! It is Koji, also a Janpanse brand. Its price is a bit lower than Shideido:)

Got some more info here,

You may find more information of Koji curler here:
http://www.koji-honpo.co.jp/curving/cur00300.html

And here is the video showing you the effectiveness and power of the Koji curler.
http://www.koji-honpo.co.jp/curving/cur00400.html

I would say Koji is the best curler I have ever used!!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 am      Reply with quote
My fav is my finger! Got it cheap...came with the package! No really...I gave up using eyelash curlers years ago as it seemed to make my lashes more brittle and thinned them. For many years I have been applying mascara then curling with my fingers. It has actually trained my lashes to curl up naturally. To get the most dramatically curled lashes, I apply mascara, lift them with my finger and blow dry briefly. WOW!!!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:45 am      Reply with quote
For years I used more expensive brands, and then heard a lot of people raving about the cheap dollar store version they bought at Daiso (local Japanese $2 store). I finally tried one and sure enough, its a winner. Nothing's ever worked better on my lashes.

I can't tell what the brandname is, but it comes in a little plastic package they have hanging on the racks!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler....I have spent a fortune and tried most all out there, saw this and decided to give it a try and never looked back! Love it!!! Smile

I've tried a few brands, but always go back to Shu Uemura ... I've never tried Koji or kevyn Aucoin though.

@ Katy & Dark Moon ... how do these brands compare to Shu Uemura's?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Regular eyelash curlers with the hinges on either side pinch my lids. I like the Japanese 1/2" wide ones that are open and you can curl a section at a time or only the outer lashes. I don't have this one but gives you the idea
http://www.alconeco.com/Products/Straight-Makeup/Eye/Eyelash-Enhancement/Preo-Japanese-Eyelash-Curler
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |