Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

5 day sample pack - Janson Beckett
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I am sitting looking at 8 little sample bottles I received this morning and dont have a clue which to use first!!!

I have cleansing milk (assume I use this first)
okusil - whatever that is?
Facial Skin prep?
Alpha Derma CE (heard loads about but when do I put it on?)
Silkia camellia oil

Hope someone can help me soon as I am desperate to try them all!!!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:57 am      Reply with quote
*I think Mabsy might move this to the other forum*

Cleanser
Prep
ACDE
Okusil -

Don't know about the camellia oil

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Okusil is for the eye area only. Did you get the Camilia Oil from J&B?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought the sample kit from Ebay and the seller sent me a free oil sample to try...
Mabsy

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Yep, moving this over to Skincare & Makeup as it's not a review Smile

Order for your products would be as stated by Eve with the Okusil being for the eye area only. I'm not sure about the oil sorry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for posting in wrong place - a bit confused!
Mabsy

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Sorry for posting in wrong place - a bit confused!

It's all good - call me the EDS forum sorting/cleaning lady Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:14 am      Reply with quote
If I bought 1oz of the Alpha derma ce how long would it last or is it not really worth getting the small bottle?

Thanks
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:29 am      Reply with quote
With a loz bottle of AlphaDermaCE it last me less then 1 month (using on face and neck). If you find you like AlphaDermaCE ounce for ounce the 4 oz. bottle is a much better deal (1oz. 59.95, 4oz. 129.95).

The application of products above is correct. JB advises to apply Prep then AlphaDerma before any other product. If you need more moisture I would apply the Silkia Camellia Oil after AlphaDermaCE is totally absorbed. I have not used Silkia over ADCE as I prefer a cream over it (as needed).
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your help... I really would love to buy the Alpha Derma CE but do I need to buy the Skin Prep as well? Money is tight and I am pushing it even ordering the AD at this time....
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I think the Skin Prep actually enhances the performance of the ADCE, but you can use the ADCE without it.

About the camellia oil, try to leave the ADCE to absorb for as long as you can before gently applying it. Otherwise, I tend to find it makes the ADCE "ball up".
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Thanks for all your help... I really would love to buy the Alpha Derma CE but do I need to buy the Skin Prep as well? Money is tight and I am pushing it even ordering the AD at this time....

When AlphaDermaCE first came out they did not have the Prep. AlphaDermaCE on its own did a wonderful job. Approximately one month later they introduced the Mineral Prep. Yes, the Prep does enhance the AlphaDermaCE. If I could only buy one product I would for sure get the AlphaDermaCE. Perhaps later you can add the Prep.
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Quick question

I have just received a sample of Vit C serum from psf, would I use this after the Alpha Derma or before it?

Thanks
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I would use the prep, then Vit C, then ADCE, then Okusil.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
I would use the prep, then Vit C, then ADCE, then Okusil.

Ditto! That's exactly the order in which my mum uses this regime (with a Vivier 20% serum though).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your help....

Julie
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
After reading many of the posts on here with regard to JB...I'm going to get the sample pack to try it out.

To those of you who've used it; how much of a change can you notice when you use it and how soon? AND have other people noticed a difference in your appearance?

Also for those who use the JB regime-I was considering purchasing Relax-a-line. I don't think there should be problem with using this on high impact 'lines' (11 between the eyes, smile lines). If you've used this producte with JB I'd love to hear about it.

Also I think I know the answer to this-but to be sure...After all the treatments are applied you are supposed to follow with a moisturizer correct?

Thanks...
Anita

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:37 am      Reply with quote
When I used my trial pack, I noticed that the products felt nice and comfortable on my skin, with no tightness. This was important for me as my skin is very dry. I didn't notice much difference with my fine lines at first, but I did find my face and neck felt firmer.

I've now been using it about 7 or so weeks (Skin Prep, ADCE and Okusil, along with Janson Beckett's C&C Vitamin C Serum). My skin has noticeably changed for the better. Forehead lines are slightly reduced, my "11" lines on my forehead above my nose are completely gone, my fine crow's feet are hardly visible. There's also been a large increase in firmness, plus my complexion is much clearer with hardly any blotchiness (unlike before I started using these products).

I'm been very, very impressed. Particularly as I've used loads of different products in the past and not seen such good results before.

And yes, people have started complimenting me on how great my skin's looking - without them even knowing that I've changed my skincare routine.

As for the addition of moisturiser, many people don't seem to need it. If you have dry skin, though, like myself, you may want to use some after applying the JB products. So see how your skin feels when you use the trial products and then you can decide.

Hope you like them! Very Happy
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks majorb,

I put in an order on ebay actually-like Scottishjuls had. Turns out it is coming from goldportbeauty.com - but they are selling it a couple of dollars cheaper than on their site and includes the camellia oil sample. Only reason I went throught ebay is that I got priority shipping for the same amount as JB is charging for ground.

Can't wait to try it...

Anita Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Soccermominsd

Thats the same seller I got mines from, she is very helpful and quick to post. Hope you enjoy it.... I am hoping to purchase the full size bottles as soon as I have enough pennies saved up!

Julie
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome. Very Happy

Yes, I bought my trial pack from that seller on eBay, too. She was really great.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I got my JB trial sizes and tried them yesterday, I am bummed Crying or Very sad cause I broke out. I've used Strivectin and you would think I'd break out from that but never had.

At 1st I thought I had three cystic pimples; but it's only two and a smaller pimple. This whole month I've used Perricone and not had a breakout even premenstral (which I normally get one or two whitehead).

I wanted this stuff to work. Maybe I'll try again later. Anyone else break out from JB's items?

Anita

Wed May 15, 2024 10:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |