Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Weil's skin serum from Origins.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried it yet? Thoughts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
As in Dr ANDREW Weil??

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, sorry! No, I haven't tried it. I'll be shocked if it is him. I really trust him, but will almost tend to think he is cashing in if it is him.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
it is andrew weil...his pic is plastered all over the homepage of their website.

liz
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I have never used Origins before, but I think Dr W. knows what he's talking about. Another prouct for my wish-list.

I went to their homepage and couldn't find ingredient listing. That I don't like. Please review if you decide to try this. I'm going to research it a little more. Thanks for the heads up Smile !

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Here in Toronto (and maybe all of Ontario, not sure), anyhow- we have a morning news show called 'Breakfast Television'. Earlier this week Dr. Weil was on the show speaking about his line of supplements, etc. Viewers called in with questions and he answered them without hesitation. He seems to take a more natural approach to medicine and remedies, etc...which I personally think is great.

I did not know that he is behind the 'Origins' line of products.

Just googled: http://www.origins.com/weil/index.tmpl

And his foundation:

http://www.weilfoundation.org/

All I know is that he looks DAMN good for 63 years of life on this messed up planet. He must be doing something right.

Valerie

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Weil for Origins – shows that even a 63 year old man with a white beard cannot overcome greed.

Dr. Weil might be doing a wonderful job supporting integrative medicine and bringing awareness to alternative methods of healing, but a $65 bottle of mushroom and ginger? Sad Sad
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
hahahahaha Laughing I'm with ya, bkurant!!!! It may be a good product but for $65, like I said before, he is obviously cashing in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
bkurant wrote:

Dr. Weil might be doing a wonderful job supporting integrative medicine and bringing awareness to alternative methods of healing, but a $65 bottle of mushroom and ginger? Sad Sad

But does the product work? If so, it may be worth it. Everything in this world has a price.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Like some I was disappointed to see him endorsing a product..even if he helped create it. Guess I would have felt better if it was his solely (like his vitamin supplements). In anycase, because I am a product junkie I stopped by Origins and they were kind enough to give me 2 generous samples. I'm liking it although I did have a minor breakout. Could be coincendental (sp). I'm not expecting much from it other than a nice moisturizing affect. Have to say my face does look alittle more radiant after application. Will use up the samples and go from there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts after you have used it for awhile.
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
my vote is for cashing in.....
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Per his web site today, the profits from this line go to his foundation: "All of my after-tax profits from the Origins products will go to the Weil Foundation, which I established to promote integrative medicine. To learn more about my Origins line, visit the new Personal Care section on my Web site, DrWeil.com."
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
Oh, sorry! No, I haven't tried it. I'll be shocked if it is him. I really trust him, but will almost tend to think he is cashing in if it is him.

I am so glad to see someone else feels that way. Granted, he may be doing good things with the money this generates but I still think it is sad to see another "sell-out" to a big corporation. I am certain this endorsement will pay off for his more profitable products in another way, and he no doubt knew that first (or the product would be reasonably priced).
And I hardly believe Estee Lauder (owns Origins) was thinking of ethics and responsibility when they approached Dr Weil but rather they thought of profit and buying into another "niche market". He probably had less to do with the actual product than their marketing and merchandising team.
Is there no stopping them? What will they buy next?
Remember, Lauder, you cannot buy respect-like the rest of us, you must earn it.
Now that's condescending!!!!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
All of his after tax profits go to his charity, I don't see that as cashing in.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the plantidote. Been using it one week. It does reduce redness and my skin has a much more uniform color and texture. Keep you posted.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well ladies it's official, I can't stay with ONE moisturizer/cream for more than a week. Confused

I must say that while I tried Dr. Weil's/Origins serum that I did like it. I noticed a tad bit of congestion, but nothing major. I think it's a decent moisturizer but in all fairlness I didn't use it long enough to see any other benefits. We have had abit of wind and cooler weather so I've had to resort to a more emollient cream for now (Yea! I get to use my sample of Cellcosmet Ultra Vial Smile ).

I understand that there will be a cream version to this line as well..sometime soon the SA said. I'll be anxious to get ahold of a sample!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
He was on Larry King today.. promoting a new book I think. I wonder if he mentioned this line? I taped it as I wanted to hear what he had to say but needed to get to work!

Anyone here see him?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:32 am      Reply with quote
For those of you in the states, Dr. Weil will be on Monday's Extra talking about his new Origins skincare products.
karmicarchitect
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
For those of you in the states, Dr. Weil will be on Monday's Extra talking about his new Origins skincare products.

abejita, I see that you're in the DFW area. Dr. Weil is speaking Nov 14th at Will Rogers auditorium. The cost is $5.
817 390 7579

ka
PS I highly recommend going to see him. I studied under him, and he is very knowledgable and kind.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |