Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)
Question for the IS Clinical Users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lela
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I received my IS Clinical today. I am very excited! I have a quick question...The lady I spoke to at The Skin Care Institute told me that I will see the best results from the Active Serum if I do not apply anything afterwards - not even the Hydra Cool. She said I should use the Active Serum at night - alone - and use the Pro Heal followed by the Hyrda Cool in the morning. I remember reading on the forum that the Hydra Cool is almost an essential after the Active Serum. I know that everybody is different...and that it is all trial and error...I just hoped to get all of your valuable opinions....Thanks! Lela.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would just wait about 10 minutes after the Active Serum, but I WOULD apply the Hydra Cool. I would get dry skin if I didn't...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first time I've heard someone advising against using the HydraCool after the Active Serum. I have oily and very resilient skin and if I didn't use HydraCool after the Active Serum, I'm pretty sure I'd peel. At the very least, my skin would be perpetually red.

I hate to counter the advice of a professional aesthetician, but based on my own experience AND the advice of my dermatologist, I would strongly recommend that you follow the application of the Active Serum with HydraCool.
Lela
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I trust your advice! Now I have one more question...I opened my highly anticipated box of products - so disspaointed! I had ordered samples of the Pro Heal - I wanted to make sure I liked the product before I went all out...But they sent me the firming complex and a sample of the Active Serum which I ordered a full size of...(hmmmm....) I sometimes think the ladies of this forum should overthrow the online skin care companies...stage a coup...I am always so very impressed with the advice.

The question is: in the meantime, do you think that I should use the Active Serum twice a day or is that overdoing it? Should I just use it once a day until I get the Pro Heal?

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!! Lela.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I would just use it once day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
You should most definitely NOT use the Active Serum twice per day !!!

It isn't just overdoing it, you'll end up with red, irritated skin and even a sunscreen with an spf 30 won't protect you from damage.

More is NOT always better. These are very active products and piling them on will not speed the result.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I think theskincareinstititute makes different recommendations per skin type. I was told to use proheal and hydra cool am and active followed by polyvit and hydra in the pm. The Is clinical people told me not to use the active and polyvit as it can be too strong for rosacea. When I reordered my extra bottle from skin care inst. they included active and polyvit and said to alternate one every other night but I didn't specify my rosacea problems. I've tried the samples at night and it seems fine but I think the proheal in the a.m. offsets any extra redness. I tried the firming sample but didn't like it as much. I would only use the active once in the morning followed by hydracool and just the hydra cool at night until you see how your skin likes it. You could call theskincareinstitute or e-mail and request the extra samples, they seem really helpful. You can also go to the IS Clinical website and talk to their advisor directly to get it straight from the horses mouth.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I really disagree with AnnieR. NOBODY proposes using the Active Serum in the am!!! It's an active exfoliant and should be used at night and NOT just before going out during the day !!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
You are right Katee. What I started out saying was proheal in the morning and meant to say active at night. I had an icepack on my head for a migraine and did not even realize 'til you pointed it out.
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 04, 2024 8:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |