Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anybody know of a good Fragrance-free Shampoo?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I tried the ACV trick and it didn't work for me, the smell almost made me want to hurl, I couldn't stand it, smelt to me like dirty feet or something Confused
I believe its excema on my scalp, I purchased a fragrance free shampoo, and lo and behold, no more itchies! Its really hard to find a good one though, there is not much variety of fragrance free products where I live, does anyone know of any such thing and where I could get my hands on some? Thanks a bunch Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have seborrhea on my scalp and am currently trying different shampoos. There is a good article on seborrhea on dermadoctor.com. You should check it out.

There are a few fragrance-free shampoo out there.

DHS clear shampoo
Free and Clear shampoo
Paula's Choice has one as well.

Do a google search and I am sure there are lots more.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Lamicuz just wrote a review of the Terrassentials shampoo and that's fragrance-free and also all natural. Perhaps worth a go?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love my shampoo and conditioner for mmucosmetics.com I have the she she poo and she she dish and they are SLS free and silicone free very gentle and you can pick any scent or just get it au natural - no scent.

Love them!
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Click here:

http://www.druide.ca/catalog/default.php?cPath=40&language=en

Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I dont know if it is available outside Australia butwww.purist.com is the home of The Purist Company, their Alchemy range of shampoo, conditioners, body washes and skincare (A'Kin) all have varieties of completely fragrance free products.
The Fragrance Free shampoo is really nice actually and does a good job without the nasties... no Sulphates etc. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mosette
ask for the pharmacist for
Cliniderm shampoo and/or the conditioner
It is fragrance-free and readily avaialble in Canada, but it is always behind the pharmacy desk (not by prescription though); they never put it out on the shelves.
About $12 IIRC.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
product_junkie wrote:
Hi Mosette
It is fragrance-free and readily avaialble in Canada, but it is always behind the pharmacy desk (not by prescription though); they never put it out on the shelves.
About $12 IIRC.

This line looks great! Do you know why it's behind the counter, product_junkie?

Moosette, have you found an unscented shampoo that's working for you? When I was pregnant I couldn't stand a scent of any kind and resorted to Aveda Shampure shampoo and conditioner because it was the lightest scent I could tolerate plus it didn't irritate my skin much, I wouldn't recommend it though really because it's far from unscented and some reviews report irritation. Compared to what I was using previous, Aveda's Madder Root products, Shampure was a better option but looking back, it wasn't the gentlest product out there.

I even threw out my cleaners like Windex and Murphy's Oil Soap (our place is mostly hardwood) because scents bothered me so much and replaced it all with micro fibre clothes, I have a micro fibre mop which I still use and love 5 plus years later.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
product_junkie wrote:
Hi Mosette
About $12 IIRC.

This line looks great! Do you know why it's behind the counter, product_junkie?

I used to work in a pharmacy and if I remember correctly it is because of the wholesaler.
A drugstore usually has three managers/buyers; the pharmacist (usually the store owner), the cosmetician and the general merchandise (also called Front Store).
The pharmacist buys the prescription drugs and non prescription items from specific vendors; the cosmetician orders her (or his) stuff from their selected vendors; the Front Store manager deals with all other stuff sold there.
Many vendors, by choice or agreement, will only deal with one type of manager. A good example is Lancome- they will open an account and sell only to the Cosmetics Manager; they will not deal with the Front Store or Pharmacy managers.
Cliniderm is owned by a company that only deals with pharmacists; so it is ordered by the Pharmacy Manager only. They will not sell to the Cosmetician or Front Store Manager.
The pharmacist keeps it behind the counter to properly account for his stock, turnover and re-ordering. Rolling Eyes POLITICS!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your suggestions... Lolli I have been using the cliniderm, found it on the shelves at Shoppers, it wasn't behind the counter. So far its working and my scalp isn't nearly as itchy as it was before!
Now my body is really itchy, specially my boobs and tummy...I use coco butter and aveeno lotion for moisturizing, tried the shea butter but it didn't do nothing for me...when I really get itchy I find the aveeno bath treatment nice...I can't imagine what will happen come wintertime Sad
Anybody know of anything else I could add to stop the itch??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Moosette, I'm going to look for that stuff! I can totally relate to pregnancy itchies, so frustrating.

The only time in my life I had psoriasis any where other than my scalp was while pregnant and it was a patch between my breasts! I slathered on Aveeno oatmeal moisturizers like mad and got a modicum of relief. I tried other unscented products but they stung, the Aveeno with oatmeal soothed it more than anything else. Shea butter did nothing for me either.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |