Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Asprin Mask w/ Honey...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Girls,

K, I am trying the Aspirin mask as I type this. At first I added a few (maybe more than a few) drops of hot water to 8 uncoated Aspirins and then mixed one teaspoon of honey into it. It was way too watery. I then added very tiny hot water to 8 more aspirins and tried my best to mash them and then combined the honey. The aspirin is not the smoothest...I got little chunks here and there still. I went ahead and applied it on my face anyway. Question I hope I did it right. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anna
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well, sounds like too much water and too much aspirin. I can usually dissolve 6 (you can use 8 if you like) aspirin in *2* drops of liquid; water or ACV. They will start to dissolve on contact with the liqid, and I keep mixing it up until it is like a paste. I find making it all with honey, it loses some effect (not strong enough for me), but that is you call. I would try yogurt. I use one of those dessert spoons to uand a half of one of those spoons of honey. The mask is a bit grainy, but it shouldn't have large pieces of undissolved aspirin in it. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Faith,

How long does it take for the 6 aspirins to dissolve in water? A while, right? Maybe I was impatient.
Embarassed
Anna
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Faith,

Saw your reply to the DIY recipe thread. Got 2 questions for ya.

1) Did you try to find the propylene glycol elsewhere besides The Personal Formulator?

2) Did you try buying the Vit C powder that CareKate suggested (with the link she provided)? I'm wondering if the powder will work just as good as crystals. Or are they the same? Question

Thanks,
Anna
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
hi hayleighs_mom Smile

They pretty much start to dissolve on contact. You have uncoated, right?

I have only bought stuff from the Personal Formulator. I usually buy a lot at one time, so I don't mind the shipping so much. I know what you mean though. The lowest shipping amount is so high, so if you only buy 1 thing, it feels like such a waste. I hope you can find some! Smile

ETA: Sorry, no, I haven't tried the one CareKate suggested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes, if the aspirin tabs are uncoated they should start dissolving on contact with water. I've tweaked the basic recipe and I'm dissolving mine with aloe vera gel instead of water. It takes a bit longer - I put the tabs and the gel in a little cup and by the time I've cleansed my face the tabs are soft enough to mush around with my fingers. This results in a much "creamier" texture which I prefer. When its time to remove the mask I add more aloe gel to soften the mask and it feels a lot less gritty. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been holding off from trying the asprin mask but what the hell I think I should have a go Laughing What does the asprin mask actually do?
Am thinking I might add aloe vera gel.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
Just another suggestion: I grind six aspirins in with my Dermalogica Clay Cleanser (though I use this only as a mask b/c to use daily would really dry out my skin) and I leave it on for 10 minutes. I do this once or twice a week. I LOVE it!! My face is cleaned, detoxified, and calmed. It feels so refreshing. I was even able to get my husband to give it a go and he liked it a lot too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rosebud Smile I encourage you to try it, it did wonders for my congested skin! Provided you are not allergic to aspirin, of course. I built up slowly and used only 2 tabs in the beginning to acclimate my skin - at that strength I did not really get the immediate results other people reported. But at 4 tabs, whoa! My skin was better (more even-toned, less bumpy, a lot less blackheads, whiteheads came to the surface) right after. I was amazed at my results and the next morning my skin looked even better.

I use only aloe vera and the tabs, honey made me itch. But that's part of the fun - coming up with a recipe that works for you! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am sat here with asprin mask on as I type Laughing
I used 3 asprins and aloe vera gel, I expected this to sting but it feels fine Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh ok, I added just 2 drops of water on the aspirin and it did dissolve immediately. I guess adding too much water is countereffective. Weird. Anyway, I am gonna buy the aloe vera gel tomorrow and try it out this weekend. You're supposed to space out the masks, right? I noticed most people only do this mask 3 times max per week so I don't want to overdo it.

Thanks girls!
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud, I expected it to sting too, or leave red blotches all over my face. But it was quite gentle. A deep whitehead I had on the pore of my nose for what seems like months is now totally gone! Very Happy Please let us know how you get on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:57 am      Reply with quote
can you girls pls tell me how to make this aspirin mask?..either with water or aloe vera gel? And what exactly does it do to your skin? Suitable for sensitive skin too? Thanks so much!! Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
can you girls pls tell me how to make this aspirin mask?..either with water or aloe vera gel? And what exactly does it do to your skin? Suitable for sensitive skin too? Thanks so much!! Very Happy

There's a recipe for it on the DIY thread Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Well I left the mask on for about 20 mins and and my skin was so smooth afterwards. In fact I felt no tightness or irritation at all with the mask.
Pleased with the results and I'm going to be doing an asprin mask now once a week.
I think my whole skincare regime now consists of homemade recipes with the exception of the Rejuvenating mask Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like to grind the aspirin in my little coffee bean grinder. It makes a fine powder that mixes so well, much better than just dissolving the pills.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it worked out for you Rosebud! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
hayleighs_mom wrote:
...You're supposed to space out the masks, right? I noticed most people only do this mask 3 times max per week so I don't want to overdo it.
For most people, 2-3 times per week is fine. For those with very sensitive skin, I’d cut back to 1-2 times per week. Personally, I use my own personal variation of the aspirin mask – which includes French Green Clay (for oil absorption), granulated sugar (glycolic acid) and lactic acid along with a drop of jojoba oil and oil-soluable aloe vera extract – every single morning Exclamation but that’s merely because I have discovered that my skin can not only tolerate it but actually seems to *thrive* when I follow this schedule.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate, that sounds amazing! I too have super oily skin and my face loves masks so if I can manage to get all the ingredients together I shall try something similar. Thanks for sharing Smile

I used the aspirin mask for the first time last weekend and the results were great. Can't wait to try the "Dr. Holland aspirin mask"

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Carekate,

Cool, it's always so nice to see a recipe from you. I want to try your variation of the aspirin mask as well. So, what proportions do u use for this mask? Do u make a huge batch or make it every morning?

Thanks Carekate, u're the BEST!! Wink

Anna

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:14 am      Reply with quote
KT wrote:
Carekate, that sounds amazing! I too have super oily skin and my face loves masks so if I can manage to get all the ingredients together I shall try something similar. Thanks for sharing Smile

I used the aspirin mask for the first time last weekend and the results were great. Can't wait to try the "Dr. Holland aspirin mask"
hayleighs_mom wrote:
I want to try your variation of the aspirin mask as well. So, what proportions do u use for this mask? Do u make a huge batch or make it every morning?

FYI - I just posted the complete recipe and instructions in the DIY thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=69353#69353

If you try it out, be sure to let me know how you like it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Cool, thanks Carekate!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
this sounds great!! I so want to try this tonight when I get home; however, I'm just finished 'day 5' of the home mircodermabrasion kit. I'm suppose to now wait a week. Do you think the aspirin mask should wait or should I tempt fate and slather on the aspirin? I have pretty tolerate skin. Oily and large pores. The mircodermabrasion has really brightened up my skin. What do you think care?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:
Do you think the aspirin mask should wait or should I tempt fate and slather on the aspirin?
I'd probably wait a day or two, just in case.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
oh pooh....thanks for the feedback Carekate. I LOVE all your posts on the DIY!!! I printed them off and I'm headed out today for almonds! thank you

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |