Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Seeking Yonka recommendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I'm wanting to try out some Yonka products as they sound wonderful! I am thinking of ordering the Gel Nettoyant and either the Creme 93 or Pamplemousse for normal/oily. Any other recs. would be appreciated as well.
I have combination skin with a bit of clogged pores on my nose and chin.
Thanks! Smile
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
As always, my pat answer, I would suggest that you email the spa directly for their recommendations after you have described your skin's condition, your concerns, given your age, etc.

Chunlisa is a Yonka fan & Mabsy is too. They are both intelligent women with the ability to describe/review products as well as any pro. (I am sure there are other consumers that are knowledgeable too.) You can use the "search" function for Yonka posts too. (I myself use Cellcosmet and Valmont). Just wanted to make sure you knew all of your choices!Very Happy

Babs
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Seaera!

First off, congrats on winning the $50 for the Product Reviews! Woo hoo! I guess you're not just wondering WHAT to spend it on, eh?

Well, first off, with Yonka, what are your primary concerns with your skin? Is your skin mostly dry, sensitive, oily, acneic, occasional break-outs, etc.? I have pretty unpredictable skin -- break-outs during the monthly "hormonal" cycles (if you get what I mean), oily t-zone, dry cheeks -- but if I use too much moisturizer, my cheeks will end up breaking out.

So, I think it helps to know what your primary areas of concern are so I can cater my "answer" to those needs.

In general, however, Yonka Nettoyant (the gel cleanser) is WONDERFUL. It smells so awesome, and the gel texture is so light and easy to distribute on your face. It's definitely not the typical "gel" cleanser (that feels thick). There are definitely several reviews of this product on the forum in case you want more details.

I use the Pamplemousse daily (normal/oily), and it's great. It smells so great (FYI, ALL Yonka products smell great), and it really leaves your skin more even-textured and even-toned. My skin is always discolored at some point -- either I have a pimple in one area or I just popped a pimple (and it's healing from the redness) -- and the Pamplemousse really helped to even this problem out. If you have a similar problem, I would also suggest the Yonka Phyto 58. It helps my skin to recover when it's dry and peeling from the winter weather (or from a dried-out pimple-popping session). Sorry for the yucky details, but you get what I mean, right?

For clogged pores on nose and chin, I would even suggest Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant. This forum sold me on this product and I've yet to regret it -- it's a powder-based exfoliant that's activated with water, and it's soooooooo great at exfoliating and cleansing the skin. Yonka's exfoliator is sort of a gel mask -- you leave it on for a few minutes and then "rub" it off with your fingers. It's a bit of a hassle for me so I end up just using a regular exfoliator -- like Dermalogica. There are always several reviews of this product on the forum for your reference.

I've also been using Yonka's Juvenil -- acne treatment and it's been working wonders for my skin. I love the Yonka line, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I don't use ALL their products, but if I can help with your question, I definitely will try.

Hope this helps!
Lisa
Very Happy
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Great recs - thanks so much! Your skin sounds pretty much identical to mine except I rarely ever get breakout on my cheeks. They usually happen on my chin.

The Dermalogica exfoliator sounds wonderful, but I have a huge bottle of PTR Buffing Beads to use up...though it is tempting! Wink

I think I may go with the Gel cleanser and the Pamplemousse for now...I'm just dying to get my order in...the sooner I do, the sooner my package gets here from EDS! It always feels like Christmas when their packages arrive.

Thanks again! Smile
Mabsy

Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on winning the voucher Seaera! The Gel Nottoyant from YonKa is a great cleanser, gel but not like any other gel cleanser I've tried.

As Lisa said, Microfoliant is fabulous also. I picked this up based on reviews here and will definitely be repurchasing when mine finishes. I alternate between the PTR Buffing Beads and the Microfoliant because I really like them both and can't go long without using either Very Happy

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |