Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Carekate- re: your toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
azalea
5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading some posts of MUA and came across this thread --> http://www.makeupalley.com/board/m.asp/id=26125807/iPN=1/
discussing your ACV/green tea toner. I was just wondering if you could comment on their comments...
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not Carekate ... but I do use her toner ... and this sounds like ... well ... like the original poster is just being "catty" to me.

If she actually knew what she was talking about she'd know that Catekate's recipe originally just called for ACV and distilled water ...

As for the suggestion that it might be "harmful" if used with Green Tea and/or Vitamin C ... that's just ... um ... dumb.

I've used it for two months now ... and it hasn't caused any damage ...

If you notice ... there are no "proofs" provided that any of their statements are true ... or even based on anything but their own imaginations.

I don't know what the purpose was for the original poster's position ... but I'm not impressed by her "arguments".

Just my opinion.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I used to read other boards from time to time surfing around for makeup and skincare advice and that's just one of the reasons I read and post here now and no where else. Why doesn't the author post her comments here for carekate or anyone else to respond to? (Thanks for all you contribute and those you help and have helped in the past, carekate.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
This person is just throwing stones with no back-up. Many studies show topical green tea is good it is and antioxidant (maybe not much is absorbed but I can't see any bad effects). I do add Germaben but Ylang Ylang oil is also a preservative.

Anyway I get hives from many products but I've never had problems with this so I do not know where she is coming from.
Valdi
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I am using Carekate's toner and I am more than happy with the results.
ACV by itself stands for natural preservative. Or am I wrong?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Valdi,

You make a good point ... and I too thought that ACV was, in and of itself, a preservative ... just ask a few pickles or pickled eggs! Laughing

I was noticing just yesterday morning that despite my advanced age and skin condition prior to using Carekate's ACV toner ... my pores are looking much smaller ... and my overall skin tone is better. I lay a lot of that at the door of the Carekate's toner.

Of course, I'm also using her Vitamin C serum ... OCM and DHCC [homemade version but just almonds and distilled water and witch hazel ... no additional oil] ... and I'm sure all of those things have helped ... but the toner has been great!

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your comments in my defense. I have come across that MUA member before and she is a bit of a rabble-rouser. I let her get under my skin the first time but now I ignore it. As Mary said, this person is mostly being catty.

I get dozens of messages in my MUA mailbox from members each month commending me on my “helpful recipes” and telling me that they wish that they could cast some kind of vote stating that the info in my MUA Notepad has “changed their lives” and my notepad should be voted as the best one on MUA!!! Shock

That leads me to believe that “BlueButterfly’s” comments stem solely from jealously and sour grapes. I suspect that she’s unhappy with herself and/or her own life so it makes her feel better to try and belittle others. But I *know* my recipes and advice have helped too many people for it to be a fluke or “damaging,” so this person isn’t worthy of my time or attention.

I *do* wish she’d have had the guts to make her allegations “to my face,” so to speak as I’m not ashamed to say that I do enjoy a good fight once in while. On the other hand, where’s the sport in having a battle of wits with an unarmed person? Bad Grin But Blue’s comments are one of the reasons that I chose to rarely participate in the MUA boards. I prefer forums where people are respectful of eachother without any flaming or nastiness. But make no mistake: I can dish it out with the best of them and I make a powerful enemy when crossed although – thankfully – I haven’t had cause to unleash that part of my personality on anybody here. I’m always surprised when people tell me how generous and helpful I am because that is definitely not how I see myself at all.... Confused

5% products discount

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using carekate's ACV toner for months now and have had nothing but improved skin.

Very Happy

-Kim
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Also please read my note in the DIY section. Green tea and vit C can certainly be used together with good effects. The info is sound and main-stream fromwww.pdrhealth.com. Your detracter is nuts. You're right she's likely jealous of your fan club here.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Here is another vote of confidence for Carecate's toner Very Happy This has been my saviour!!1
Carrie you really are a wealth of information and you go out of your way to help us all, we all apperciate you here Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Carecate for all the time and effort you put into this forum, you're doing an awsome job and your posts have helped so many of us, blessings to you girl! Very Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Carrie, thank you for being here!!

I too was skeptical, I had even tried ACV toner before. We used it all the time on my old Labrador Retrievor's itchy ears and feet though, to this day I can't smell it without smelling that ole dog! Or maybe that's just the smell? hmm Smile

Anyway, I can't say it's done wonders for my itchy scalp (psoriasis) but, I've been battling the worst blackheads all summer and in desperation a month ago I tried to toner again, only on the areas with blackheads and within two days they were literally drying up and coming out with a wash cloth!! I was amazed and also this is coming from miss skeptical. It's truly one of those ingredients that is good for our body inside and out. The proof speaks for itself. I just use it for a few days at a time now because I find it can irritate if I use it too much but my skin is also very reactive, the ladies who can use it all the time are lucky and are doing a great thing for their skin!

EDS is a much kinder and more respectful forum, some of those ladies at MUA are a wee bit grumpy, to put it mildly.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
It's me, Bluebutterfly.

First of all, I would like to apologize for being so critical on my MUA post. You're right, it was rather catty of me to post like that. It's true that you are very knowledgeable and it is very generous of you to share your knowledge with everyone. That is so true.

But I would like to point out that I never attacked you personally. I criticized ONE of your many recipes. At no time did I make fun of you or your life.

I do stand by the fact that you cannot mix vit. C with tap water and then store it for months on end in a clear bottle. And you can mix Vit. C with Green tea, but you need a chelator like EDTA and to preserve the green tea, you should use a preservative like BHT. And if you're going to mix essential oils with water, you do need an emulsifier like lecithin. And there's no such thing as "lysorbic acid". All your recipes are wonderful, I was just so shocked that someone with your knowledge would post a recipe like that. And it's true that ACV IS a good toner and lot's of people do get wonderful results from it. My daughter uses it and it helped clear her skin a great deal. But problems arise when you start mixing things together.

Anyway, again, I do apologize for my rude post on MUA. And I went through all my posts on MUA and I don't see how you could possibly call me a "rabble rouser". I've never spoken to you before, in fact, I didn't know you existed until I read your ACV/Vit. C toner. I've never argued with anyone before, but I do admit that my post was "catty", and for that, I can't apologize enough to you.

Lot's of people love you to death, so I doubt my one post on one version of your ACV toner would ever harm your reputation. Hey, for all I know, you've found the foutain of youth and then I'll be eating my words...

My sincerest apologies...

BlueButterfly
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
good on you bluebutterfly...

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I don't give Bluebutterfly the same credit. If this gets me banned from the forum, then so be it. And Carekate, I know you are more than capable of defending yourself, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Bluebutterfly, if you wanted to give Carekate an apology, you would have done so through a private message. Since your so-called "apology" continues to critique Carekate, it is not an apology. It is, in my opinion, an attempt at self-promotion.

And not a successful one, I would add. For example, if you took the time to search this forum, you would see that in the past, Carekate has already explained that she uses "lysorbic" interchangeably with "l-ascorbic." See http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5445&highlight=lysorbic+lascorbic.

I have not been on this forum for very long, but without fail, nothing but warm wishes abound among the members. I read along every day, not so much because I love the topics, but because it warms my heart to see a group of people consistently helping each other. I would like it to stay this way.

Carekate - carry on, girl!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I apologize, again.

Blue Butterfly
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I think it was good of bluebutterfly to apologise as she didn't need to go to the trouble to do so.
Also,caretake, I like your acv toner and think your very helpful on this forum Very Happy
This is the first forum I've found where people want to help each other so much Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Although the apology was the correct thing to do, I think the lesson learned here should be how to address a concern about someones advice or recipe, etc. without coming across in the manner in which she did. Maybe forming the concerns as questions rather than as criticisms? Being trained in pediatric behavioral therapy, I was taught not to put someone on the defensive about their behavior or actions when trying to point out or change that behavior. The second try on the apology without the added criticism rang more true. Question the advice, simple. Don't use it, but be nice about it and keep it to yourself. Sorry for the sermon.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone looked at the original post? It looks to me like bluebutterfly mixed up the ingredients of the ACV. The toner calls for ACV, green tea, distilled water, ylang ylang, and lemon oil. In bluebutterfly's post she lists the ingredients as ACV, green tea, distilled water, lysorbic acid and lemon oil. I think she's mixed the ingredients for the Vit C serum and the ACV toner. Maybe that's why she's confused and doesn't understand how it works.
Dawndee2
5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Never mind I see this is about the super toner. I hadn't come across that recipe when I posted the other.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |