Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Crepey Eyelids!!! Help!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh! It's finally happening... Shock
This week, my eyelids are noticibly crepey and I even had to hold them up to put on my eyeshadow. I have never put eye cream on my lids thinking it would make them puffy and thus worsen the problem.
So, please help! Anyone got any ideas to help this before it gets too bad to fix?
I was thinking of making a Vitamin C serum with hyaluronic acid. Does anyone know the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid and vitamin C that you can use around the eye?
Also, would retinoids help this?
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed that is happening to me also !!!! right in each inner corner of my eyelid is getting that way. i dont even want to wear shadows of any kind. im just using a liner for now. is there any help for this ?
Eh? Eh? Eh? i hate it !
Arrow lassie1234
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
There might be other treatments especially made for the eyelids. The only one I know of, and have used, is Janson-Beckett's Eyelid Ampules. You can read about them under Janson-Beckett's salon products. They are specially made for the eyelids, absorb nicely and make the lids so smooth. You need to be careful of creams not meant for lids as they can irritate and swell the lids. ELA nice product, great price. Each little ampule last for quite some time. As each one is packaged separately they stay fresh until opened. I have always loved to use several JB ampules on my face.

Your lids might be irritated from cosmetics. It is possible that you are sensitive to eye products you are using. Also, it might be time to replace them if you have had them for too long.

Retinoids are much too strong for the lid and could get into your eye. Vit C can be drying. It could also irritiate the eye if it happen to get in BURN. Be careful what you put on your lids.
AJL-C
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Do you guys have Gale Hayman skin care over there her eyelift gel is designed specifically for that and it works a treat IMO Wink

http://galehayman.com/products/11100.html
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Have no fear ladies! There is only 1 eyelid product I know of and it works fantastically. Elizabeth Grant's Eyelid Restore. Hard to describe but its like your eyes are bathed in moisture. This is SUCH a good product. The eye serum is also very good for that problem.
Mabsy

Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
While this is pricy, I know that the Cellcosmet eye cream is meant to be used on the eye lid, unlike most other creams. It's very light, yet moisturising. I love this cream, don't love the price though....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I really want to buy Cellcosmet but I really want to try a sample first. It's just too expensive to risk it.
I ordered some of the Janson Beckett Eyelid Restore and I am investigating the others. Thank you ladies for your advice. I will let you know how it goes!
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
My Janson Beckett doesn't arrive until next week BUT in the meantime I have found a couple other things that have worked immensely. I have started using my Babyliss Facial toning system and frownies again (around my eyes) with my Dior No Age Eye Serum (very light and stops puffiness) and my god it is working. I forgot how good the Babyliss was. My face is looking so much firmer and my brows are lifting up again thereby stopping the loose skin from gathering in crepey bunches. Thank God!! is all I can say.
I just started using Dermalogica Microfoliant last week and I purchased Evian spray water a couple of days ago. After cleansing with my regular cleanser I spray it on my face and wait a min before wiping it off with a cotton pad and I am amazed I have no redness or irritation. I don't understand why this would make such a huge difference but it does. I guess regular tap water must irritate my skin in some way but seriously this week my skin has never looked this good and I have been eating really badly and drinking almost every night. Surprised
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I have the Janson-Beckett Eyelid Ampules and they are pretty good. Very lightweight. Given past experience in using creams on the eyelid which supposedly could be used there, I would just stay with these lightweight gel serum ampules from now on.
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Eyelid ampules and a whole lot of cool samples (thankyou JB!!!) so I will update in a week or two to tell you what happens. I put some on this morning and they feel awesome. My eye area feels really silky Smile
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...what is this eyelid issue...is it due to age or an infection of some sort...cause I have been having this problem lately too...on my left eye..it gets all swollen, wrinkly, dry and out of shape...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think mine is age-related!!! Laughing Do you sleep on your side? Sometimes I wake up with one puffy eye if I slept on one side and used a heavy cream the night before.
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
No, I don't think it is from sleeping on my side...it is horrible...it will sort of start to go away and then suddenly return. It is making me depressed...I don't understand why only one eye is infected...has this happened to anyone?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I get puffy eyelids when I've used my OCM (without any EO's in) as a mascara remover. I'm thinking it might be the CO??? any thoughts?

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tango

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new on this forum i found it by chance looking for information about the new slendertone facial thing. Now, I looked for babyliss facial toner, I lost my instruction long time ago and it sits useless in the draw. Could anyone help me? I am using a cold laser now but would like to go back to some exercises.
I have also problems with my left eye. It feels funny, sometimes pain, and very marked. I asked 2 oftalmos about it, from the optical point of view nothing wrong. But they keep increasing the correction for this eye and not for the right. I found that doing exercises for eyes halps and am trying to do it regularly. Thanks for your forum.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Misskatblack: I like Isomers eye serums around the eye. I like the Fast Lift Eye serum (although I don't find it to work immediately, it takes a few weeks) and the One 3000 for Eye. You might want to concentrate on using good eye products and forget the shadow for a while.

I don't know if this thread will come through, it is a member discussing another Isomers product, a fast lift with which he got instant results, I haven't tried this one. I'm more of a long term benefit gal, but thought I'd try to post it nevertheless.

[url]http://www.isomers.ca/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3137

Kelly: For the one eye being out of shape, that sounds like an infection - go to a doc. ASAP.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried so many eye creams and none have worked. I am currently applying a bit of Vitamin E and squalane. The area under my eyes are now soft and smooth.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |