Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Face burn because of waxing.PLEASE help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I had a horrible waxing experience yesterday and I have a patch of red skin on my cheek which burns on touch.I have been applying aloe vera gel.I was also suggested to apply vit e capsules and neosporin.what does neosporin do,btw?What would be the best thing to apply?If all 3,what is the regimen and how often?IS it gonna leave a scar?????Sad
HAs anybody been through this b4?
Mabsy

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I would continue applying the aloe vera and also vitamin E throughout the day (or Lucas PawPaw Ointment if you have it). If you have something antiseptic (neosporin, or anything that disinfects and speeds up healing) then that might be a good idea as well. As for the routine, I am not too sure - I'd be slathering on the three at regular intervals just to make sure I'm giving it the best chance of healing fast (though some might argue that leaving it alone would be best).

I hope it heals up quickly!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Ouch!

I had this happen to me once, though thankfully not on my face! No ... mine was the arm pits.

There I was, poised to take my very first tropical winter vacation with my [then] boyfriend ... and I thought "Hey! I'll get my legs, bikini line and arm pits waxed! Then I won't have to shave during the vacation ... and I'll be silky smooth!"

Well a lifetime of shaving my arm pits meant that she tried and tried and tried to wax them ... and while some stubborn hairs remained ... very few layers of skin did! Laughing

So there I was, in this romantic tropical setting ... with scabby arm pits! Yes people! This was one for the movies! [The comedies, of course!]

Now, I didn't actually put anything on them ... and they healed fairly quickly too. However, I wasn't particularly worried about scarring in my arm pits! Laughing

I don't *think* it will scar ... but I'm not expert by any means ... despite my unique experience.

I would certainly keep up with the aloe vera ... and would add Vitamin E just because it's great for avoiding scars. The neosporin would be useful if you have any fear of infection ... but it's usually in an ointment form, which means that it's "greasy" like Vaseline. I would put vitamin E on first ... then cover it with aloe vera. Are you using the drug store gel or the actual organic gel ... straight from the plant as it were? I think that the organic, health food store variety of Aloe Vera is better ... but I could be wrong on that too. Laughing

I, personally, would only apply the neosporin at night ... on top of the Vitamin E and Aloe Vera ... but someone else with far more experience/knowledge of how things are absorbed might give you better information. I'm just relating how I would deal with it.

Now things on the face always seem to linger longer ... not because they do but because they are so very visible. So ... chin up and be kind to your skin.

Good luck ... oh ... and I'd certainly avoid that salon in the future ... at least for waxing. What did she do anyway? Use it when it was too hot ... or did she just reapply the wax one too many times?

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I burned my face once with boiling water. I was lucky enough to get some white cream from a friend who'd had a 2 nd degree sunburn and the blister I had was gone and healed in a week (which was good because I was taking a vacation to mexico a week after it happened).

If it's really bad go see your doc...otherwise I'd stick with aloe vera during the daytime and polysporin in the am and pm (more often if you're at home b/c it can look greasy)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks mabsy.I don't have the lucas ointment bu tI do have neosporin.And do you think is vit e from a gel ok?

Mary,the aloe vera is not natural.Its from the vitamin store and it says 99% natural.And I am just popping a vit e capsule open and applying it.Is it alright or should I get the vit e oil?

And you know what,this is my first waxing experience and it turned out horrible.I think she went over the same place twice.

Sorry to hear about your armpit!I really hope it doesn't scar.Thats what I am terribly worried about.I will post a pic after I figure out how to do it.

Thanks ,lianne.WOuld you know the name of the cream?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
sorry I don't....what I do remember is it requires a prescription and is white. I wasn't given the tube of the stuff, just a tiny jar of it so I never did see the name of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sats - The white prescription cream was probably hydrocortisone, which is used for inflamation and/or general irritation. You can purchase weaker strengths OTC.

Also, if you have any facial waxing in the future, be sure that you stop using any acid products or exfoliators on your face several days in advance so that your skin thickens, since using them thins the corneal layer.
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Tend Skin contains aspirin, and is recommended to men as an after shave to help with razor burn and ingrown hairs. As long as you are not allergic to aspirin, this should help quite a bit in reducing the swelling and inflammation.

I have seen recipes for a cheap homemade aspirin mask at MUA- www.makeupalley.com Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
FYI - another product that is in a “white cream” formula to treat burns that you can get without a prescription is called “Foil.” It’s like a super-duty version of “Solarcaine” after-sunburn treatment, except Foil is also recommend to treat other types of 1st and 2nd degree burns. My mom used to slather me in Foil when I’d come home with a severe sunburn after spending the day at Malibu while ignoring my mother’s repeated advice to remember to re-apply my sunscreen each time I came back out of the water.... Embarassed

I think the Aloe and Vit-E is going to work quite well for you, assuming it’s only a 1st degree burn. And the Vit-E should help prevent any scarring. BTW, FYI, antibiotic ointments like Neosporin (which now comes in a cream version) are supposed to help minimize scarring. I can attest that it works to prevent scars on arms and legs, otherwise my son would’ve looked like on giant scab while he was growing up! But I don’t know how well it would work on facial injuries.
product_junkie wrote:
Tend Skin contains aspirin, and is recommended to men as an after shave to help with razor burn and ingrown hairs. I have seen recipes for a cheap homemade aspirin mask at MUA- www.makeupalley.com Surprised
The recipes for homemade TendSkin as well as aspirin masks can also be found here on EDS in the "~~~ DIY Skincare Recipes ~~~" sticky thread in the Skincare/Makeup forum. However, I wouldn’t use Tendskin on your waxing burn because it contains alcohol and while cause it to sting like the devil!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for all your input.YOu were all a gr8 help.
It has been five days and the scab is peeling and fortunately,I don't see any scars except a very thin skin.It was untouchable for 2 days and I saw the scab form on the third day.I will have to wait and see if there will be a hyper/hypo pigmentation.The dr. told me that its possible in a few people.And another thing is,she asked me to moisturize the scab with aquaphor by eucerin.

btw,Does waxing stretch the skin?
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I treat burns with fresh aloe vera -- I keep a plant in my kitchen for this purpose and just rip off a piece when needed. It works VERY well, it might just be worth a shot. Smile
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Just my two cents on neosporin: The tube says it helps prevent infection in burns. And I know from experience that it does heal cuts quicker. I had a somewhat deep cut and kept neo. on it. The cut healed w/in a few days, which surprised me. I'm not sure if it works as well for burns. But as someone said, it's greasy like vaseline. So I can't imagine you'd be able to put anything on top of it.
konika

Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I need help with my burned arm. Around 2 weeks ago, by mistake i applied the hot hair removing wax on my upper arm and i think, i waxed there 2 times. It became red the next day, then i got a big dark patch after 2-3 days. Its not itch or paining but the scar looks really bad.

Please advice
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Keep putting Aloe Vera Gel on it.....better yet, get a real aloe Vera plant, break of one of the leaves that contains real aloe Vera and keep putting on your arm. It will heal it beautifully within a week or two
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I burned my arm with wax too. I put lavender oil and coconut on it repeatedly every 1/2 hour or when I felt pain. I wish I had more time to do it consistently as then my scar would have been less.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Try a cream with silver- you can get one from the Dr for burns.
My friend used it on his legs for a bad sunburn and said it worked.

I have Zyderma which is also made with silver and does help repair the skin.

I had to stop using it on my knee for a month as I cut my knee very bad (and my knee was super itchy that whole time).

Now I'm back to using Zyderma on my knee to repair my skin.
Not the cheapest product but def one of my must have items I use every day.

Also Weleda burn gel is really good.

Weleda healing cream is really good also.

I really like all these products and they all work differently, so I have a very hard time saying which one of these is "best".
So I always have several tubes/bottles of these at home.

Bactine spray contains the same ingredients as Polysporin but is not greassy as it is a spray.

I've used Bactine on my face, arms, legs- it dries right away. You can put makeup over it also.

If you attempt to put it on your face spray it on your hands first, esp if u use contact lenses.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |