Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Reviews?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried one of these cleansing oils? It looks like there are 3 formulas. It sounds like it has been around for a long time...has anyone tried them?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use the original one when I wore make up everyday. It was great at removing make up. If you decided to try it, remember to use another cleanser after it otherwise you might get whiteheads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't understand why you need to use a cleanser to wash your face after you use a cleansing oil. But for the oil cleansing method (OCM) that many ppl are talking about here, you don't need to wash your face with a cleanser afterwards, why is that? Will it cause whiteheads if I don't then? So what exactly is in those commercial cleansing oil? Thanks! Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I think because this product functions more like a make-up remover. I don't have the ingredient list for this product so I don't know what's in it that might cause whitehead. I think OCM is more "pure" if that makes any sense.

Edited to say that this cleansing oil is very good at removing all make-up. I could just rub it all over my face and then rinse it off. I think it takes off all make-up and dirt on my face (an easy but effective way that's suitable for lazy people like me). However, this cleansing oil doesn't clean the pores and it is best to use a gentle cleanser after the cleansing oil to remove any residul. I hope this makes sense.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
It makes perfect sence...I have been looking for a good makeup remover that does not dry my skin. I have been trying to go by the Dr. H program where you do not use anything at night on your face. I dont like the cleansing milk and the clansing cream does not take off make up so I have been using Enzyme cleanser (Mario Badescu) and it is really drying. It sounded like this oil is the miracle product online...I have ordered it and will let you all know!

Thanks for the recommendations!
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
IMHO whether or not to use a regular cleanser after cleansing oil depends your skin type and specific concerns, the skin-friendliness and comedogenocity of the cleansing oil ingredients, and the ability of the cleansing oil to rinse clean, i.e., emulsify with water and not leave residue or a film behind.

I use Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil to remove sunscreen and makeup, then I follow up with my regular cleanser. I have combo/oily skin prone to breakouts and although the Fancl rinses clean and has skin-friendly ingredients I double-cleanse for insurance. HTHS

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Olivia Smile I am very happy with my Fancl but I am so tempted to try the Shu Uemura because of the beauuuuutiful limited edition bottles Laughing The only thing holding me back is I heard they are mineral oil based, this might be a problem for skin like mine. I was trying to find the ingredients of all 3 cleanser types but could not find that info on the web. Yes, please post a review after you've tried it, I'm looking forward to that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have the purifying oil and like it very much....I dont follow up with another cleanser and there hasnt been any problem....though I have never used it for a longtime continuously.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I hope it does not contain mineral oil...the only ingredients I saw were...Formula contains macadamia nut oil, jojoba oil and rosemary extract for moisturization and anti-oxidant benefits.

I will read the packaging when it comes and let you know. Hopefully it came today!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I tracked my package and it said it was delivered last night so I was so excited to get home and try it but it turns out they delived it to a totally different city! The lady that signed for it agreed to give it back so hopefully I'll get it next week! Just for the record Shu Uemura was great...I called them to tell them what happend and they got right on it and were supper friendly...I ordered from the Shu Uemura website! UPS was rude and not helpful at all!!!
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 6:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |