Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dry, Puffy Eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andrea2289
5% products discount

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I am thirty five years old and have begun noticing some fine lines around my eye area. But after I get out of the shower when my face is well hydrated, my eyes look great, so I know it is mostly dryness/dehyrdation.

I have tried some products that help with dryness but I wake up looking awful because my eyes are so puffy.

I cannot afford high dollar ($50 ->) eye products, but I would love some suggestions for good over the counter products that would help with dryness/puffiness and should I also start using something to help prevent the wrinkles? If I use more than one product, which order should I apply them?

I am sorry for so many questions, but am completely overwhelemd by all the information here.

On a side note, I have also noticed that my skin is dull looking, not as 'glowing' as it used to be. Should I start with an at home product like Regenerist Microdermabrsion System?
Thanks so much!
Mabsy

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Re: dullness of the skin, I think exfoliation will definitely help you there. Do you exfoliate on a regular basis? Be it a scrub or some other type of exfoliant or the microdermabrasion, I think your skin will benefit from it. Also, a vitamin C serum should also give you visible results (not to mention the protection factor). Vit C serums are generally quite expensive but there are a few that are quite affordable as well.

In terms of eye cream, I think for depuffing you're generally looking for a gel. I know that Clarins does an eye gel that has caffeine in it which is supposed to be good for the puffies. It's about US$30. Babor's Sensational Eyes (gel) should also be suitable for you. The DDF Protective Eye Cream SPF 15 is also a good option but it's bring it close to your budget limit and I guess it's not exactly over the counter either. I mention it though because it is moisturising, has SPF (wrinkle prevention) and seems to be quite effective at de-puffing.

I also recall that Neutrogena made a nice eye cream a while back, not sure if they still do. It was called "eye moisture" or something along those lines. You could check MakeupAlley reviews on that as well if Neutrogena is easier for you to get your hands on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I don't know where you live but I am from Australia and for 4 months have been using the Juvena Juvedical eye serum and cream and I can say that these products have removed all millia, removed all eye bags, removed all eye puffiness and my eyes look like I am 20 again (I am over 50). I have tried numerous eye products with little results except for the Juvedical line which EDS does not carry yet. At this time I still have lines but I am so thrilled that I have finally got rid of the droopy eyelids and undereye bags that I don't mind a few lines. I feel that within time even the lines may improve.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Where do you get the Juvedical from?
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
EDS does carry a serum- is there a specific eye serum? Could you please post the ingredients for those two products?
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for all of the questions but is it the "vital eye" cream that you mean?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Cou;ld you list the ingredients if they are on your tube. They only seem to list "trade" names of active ingredients.
Mabsy

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I don't know where you live but I am from Australia and for 4 months have been using the Juvena Juvedical eye serum and cream and I can say that these products have removed all millia, removed all eye bags, removed all eye puffiness and my eyes look like I am 20 again (I am over 50). I have tried numerous eye products with little results except for the Juvedical line which EDS does not carry yet.

That eye cream sounds really good! I'll definitely be trying that! EDS does carry the Juvedical line but I'm not sure if they carry all of it at this stage. I don't see the Eye Serum - just "a" serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
The Juvedical line includes a serum, a day cream, a night cream, an eye serum and an eye cream.
I have oily skin but these products do not cause breakouts. I have been using them for 4 months with no other products and have been so impressed in my skin, particularly the removal of eye puffiness, eye bags and droopy eyelids. These products have not got rid of deep wrinkles (years of sunning without sunscreen) but I am not sure any product will get rid of these that is why I am now adding a couple of IS Clinical products to use in between the face serum and face cream.
All the ingredients are listed on the boxes and I have not kept any of them except for a new eye serum which I haven't opened yet. The ingredients listed on the eye serum are:
Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Caffeine, Chitosan, Panthenol, Lysine Hydrochloride, Threonine, Arginine, Serine, Histidine, Glycine, Tryptophan, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Teacarboner, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucose, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Sulphate, Calcium Chloride, Imidazolidinyl, Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butyparaben.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add that EDS does carry the face serum, day cream and night cream but not the eye serum and eye cream. There are a few places such as Sephora which have the line and are starting to stock the eye products. In Australia I can buy them from Myer and I would imagine they would be available in Europe.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |