Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My experience with Restylane and advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fly0684
5% products discount

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I am a 35 year old guy as of this coming Sunday (WOW!Sad ) Less than a year ago i started having some firmness issues with my face, above the usual for a healthy person of my age (or so I thought) I tried Restylane, 425$!! My goal was to fix the droop at the corner of my mouth, it's much worse on one side than the other.The doctor only used about 80% of the Restylane (I paid for 1cc), and he ended up doing the areas by my nose as well. Several days afterwards the effects are greatly diminished from what they were the first couple of days after the procedure. Plus I left with a "bump" on one side of my mouth,not anything crazy but I can notice it. The doctor just said that it sometimes happens and will go away, and offered 15% my next procedure?? Does this sound right? Is there anything that can come close to the effectiveness of Restylane that doesnt cost so much? And should push this doctor harder to possibly get some refund or something?? Currently I am using vitmin C -12% and I like it but what else could help..35 and freaking;)

Thanks,,,
Mabsy

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I can't help with whether that is normal as I don't know anything about the procedure. To reply to your question though, I would say that Alphaderma CE or some type of argireline product might be of benefit for you. It does help firm the skin (at least it did for my mum) though the main function of it is to diminish frown lines.

Btw, Happy Birthday!!!! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got Restylane about a year and a half ago and it made my face lopsided after the swelling went down so I went back to the doctor and he fixed it up for free. I was also told if it was lumpy that you should be able to mold it to the right shape gradually with your fingers. Hope I remembered this right? Anyone else know?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I purchased a half-syringe and had it injected into my nasolabial lines and mouth corners. It was great but I went back the second day to add what was left in the left mouth line to plump it up a bit more, it bruised horribly. The next day my Dr. left for a 2 weeek trip to Hawaii and a tiny bump formed there. The nurse said to massage it but when I called the restyline people they said to let the doc do it and leave it alone because you can migrate it to another area that you don't want it to be in. I now have a pimple-sized lump that has been there since July that they say will someday fade away. That, other than perlane, are the only injectibles that wear off after 4-6 months (Some claim 8-12 but I doubt it) other than having a plastic surgeon do fat injections. You can also get a tiny amount of botox (4 units total-never more)on each side of the jaw/chin. It helps relax the muscle and "lift" the corners up. I do about every 8 months when I do my "11"'s and it retrains that mouth muscle to relax upwards.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |