Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Over 50 but already look 10 years younger
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
For the last 4 months I have been using the Juvedical Line of products - Serum, Day Cream, Night Cream, Eye Serum and Eye Cream. I just can't believe the change in my skin. i.e. NO eye puffiness, NO eye bags, NO droopy eyelids. I still have a number of deep ingrained lines and have recently added some IS Clinical products ( ProHeal Serum and Super Serum). I intend to stay with this regime for at least 6 months. I Can honestly say that Juvedical eye products have removed the eye bags and droopy eyelids but not the lines so I will now try another few products on the lines. But I will never give up the Juvedical line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I haven't heard of this line... are they anti-aging products? Do you know what the active ingredients are? Just curious. I'll have to do some research...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
this is a line from 'juvena of switzerland' - the line sold in european department stores.

bushy, based on your testimony, i was curious about their eye products, but no ingredients were listed on their website. can you post what's in their eye serum/cream? thanks
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:18 am      Reply with quote
The ingredients for the Juvedical products are listed on the boxes. Unfortunately I didn't keep the box for the eye cream but I still have a box for the eye serum and the ingredients are:
Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Caffeine, Chitosan, Panthenol, Lysine Hydrochloride, Threonine, Arginine, Serine, Histidine, Glycine, Tryptophan, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Teacarboner, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucose, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Sulphate, Calcium Chloride, Imidazolidinyl, Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butyparaben.
It says to use the serum first all over the eye including the eyelid and then follow with the eye cream on the orbital bone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Gosh, I remember my mum using Juvena when I was just a wee little lassie (oh that is WAY too long ago)....

the brand just seemed to vanish, but after reading your review here, I sure am interested in the Juvedical Line of eye serum and cream. I can live with the few crows feet I hae left (they have all but gone unless I am smiling and well, that is pretty hard to get rid of without having a face like that Desperate housewives lady whose face never moves)

Anyway, back on subject.. I am so not happy with the puffiness/droopiness I have in that strip between the brow bone and the eye lid.. it is my one "I must fix this" part of my face.

I see EDS has some of the Juvedical Line but not the eye stuff.. must send hubby to the department stores in Germany when he goes in June!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing at the desperate housewifes face who doesnt move, seems to be becoming common, not only does it not move it looks like wax Embarassed
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
There are a couple of those ladies whom my husband calls "scarey" but the one in particular I was thinking about was ... um... Nicolette Sheridan. it took me a while to work out what was so damned wierd about her and then my husband was like "hey, look, her face never moves" botox overload perhaps? The other one whose eyes terrify him are the lady who plays Brie (Marcia someone?). Mind you, my husband is terrified everytime he sees Angelina Jolie (it's the lips) Laughing Sometimes you just gotta ya hubby when he is being so darned funny
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
The ingredients for the Juvedical products are listed on the boxes. Unfortunately I didn't keep the box for the eye cream.

Is the eye cream you mention called Juvena Ulti-Max eye cream? If so, here's the product description and ingredients which are listed on Sephora.

This moisture-providing emulsion with encapsulated vitamin A and co-enzyme Q10 helps to achieve long lasting, maximum reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, puffiness, and darkness around the delicate eye area. Excellent for use both morning and evening.

Ingredients:

.5 oz : Water (Aqua), Sd Alcohol 39-C (Alcohol Denat), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Cyclomethicone, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Sterate, Citrate, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Myristyl, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter), Butylene Glycol, Proplene Glycol, Hydroxyproply, Cyclodextrin, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Lupinus Albus (Lupin) Seed Oil, Retinol, Ubiquinone, Lauroyl, Lysine, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Ploystyrene Sulfonate, Titanium Dioxide, Edta, Xanthan Gum, Bht, Ilex, Para guariensis (mate) Leaf Extract, Alumina, Citrus Nobilis (mandarine orange) Peel Oil, Citurs Aurantium Dulcis, (Orange) Oil, Diethylpthalate, Silica, Sodium Polyacrylate, Menthoxypropanediol, Citrus Grands (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (lime) Oil, Imdazolidinyl urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butlyparaben, Isobutlyparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
No it is a different one.. I have been "reserching" this as I have to be precise when giving hubby instructions what to get Laughing

Juvena has a website for the line: http://www.juvedical.com/

A few highlights from the site:

JUVEDICAL's performance has been proven in scientific tests. With absolutely
impressive results after only 4 weeks of use:

Renewing Body Serum
- 87% improvement in skin elasticity
- 93% increased smoothness in stressed areas (knees, etc.)
- 73% reduction of stretch marks
- 77% reduction in skin irritation (reddening)

Renewing Serum
- 83% soothing of irritation and reddening in the face
- 86% improvement in skin evenness

Renewing Eye Serum
- 30% increase in firmness of the skin
- 29,4% improvement in cell renewal
- 30,8% increase in firmness of the skin

The FAQ section has all the info

1. What is special about the technology developed by Professor Damour?

The SKIN NOVA TECHNOLOGY® enables fully functional skin to develop
from individual healthy skin cells. This is always necessary whenever burn
victims do not have enough of their own skin for grafting as well as
whenever skin regeneration should be complete and as perfect as possible.

5. What are the three biopolymers obtained from?

They are pure biological ingredients: marine collagen, chitosan and
chondroitin sulfate. They are absolutely identical with the SKIN NOVA
TECHNOLOGY used in intensive care medicine.
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy and/or any of you ladies out there. I was wondering if you have tried any of the PSF eye products? If so how do they compare with Juvedical Eye Serum and Eye cream. I am in desperate need of finding an eye serum or cream. I am turning 41 in 13 days and looking at my face, I have come to realize I have neglected the areas around my eyes. I am using two different eye cream from Natura Bisse but they do not seem to do much in firming my eyes. If anyone is interested here is the website.
http://www.naturabisse.es/home.php?idm=ENG
I have drooping eyelids (I can feel another depression coming on) dark cycles and fine lines (the only thing I dont have is crows feet and that is only when I dont smile). I know my dark cycles are sleep related since my whole life I have been a night owl and never getting normal sleeps are mine downfall. Can you lovely ladies out there give me some advice?

P.S. PSF are having a Valentine's Day Special on some of their products - 20%off.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
xxophelia
Because of the price of the Juvedical eye serum and cream and that it is still hard to find, I try other products in the hope that I will find something that works as well and is not quite so expensive. I always make sure that I still have some of the Juvedical on hand in case a new product does not agree with my eyes.
I have tried the PSF Stimucoll Eye and the PSF PhytoLift Cranberry Eye gel and although they are both very nice products, both of them caused my eyes to become puffy again. Apart from the Juvedical eye serum & cream, the only other products I have used around my eyes which did not cause any problems was Amino Genesis Photolagen and IS Clinical ProHeal.
What works for me may not work for everyone else as my eyes seem to react to a lot of products and I feel that because I was able to stop the puffiness, the bags disappeared as well as I think the bags developed as a result of having permanently puffy eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy,

Thanks for your input, I would like to find out if you think whether the serum or the cream or both help with the puffiness? I do want to get rid of the dark cycles and the fine lines as well so maybe I need something extra. I also want to try PSF because the overall reviews are pretty good. Since you have tried both PSF's Stimucoll Eye and PhytoLift Cranberry Eye gel, which one do you think will work well with Juvena? I guess there is no one product that can solve my multi syndromes.

Thanks
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
xxophelia
I don't know if it was the serum or the cream but I tend to think it was the serum as I used it all around the eye and only used a very small amount of the cream on the very outside at the bottom. I used to get puffy eyelids as well and they disappeared too.
To try and reduce the lines, I am still using the serum but alternating between ProHeal in the morning over the top and Photolagen over the top at night. This is not causing any puffiness and I guess I will have to try this for a few months to see if the lines are reduced.
To be perfectly honest, I can put up with the lines for the time being but I hated the bags and puffiness and am so thankful they have gone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bushy, I will definitely buy it next time I am at Sephora.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
bushy:

If I read your post correctly, you are putting Pro-Heal Serum, or Photolagen on your upper lid and under eye area (on top of Juvedical Eye Serum)?

Can you tell me where do you put in Super Serum with Juvedical routine?

AM:

J. Eye Serum + Eye Cream or Pro-Heal
J. Face Serum + Day Cream
Where did Super Serum go???

PM:

J. Eye Serum + Eye Cream or Photolagen
J. Face Serum+ Night Cream

I'm wondering if you use Active Serum for PM, where would you put it in??

I want to look 10 years younger in 4 months like you!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am always curious about new products so have to try them from time to time so I can understand why you might be confused about my routine.
My skin was in lousy condition, mostly sundamaged and I continually had puffy eyes and bags.
I first saw the Juvedical line on EDS and decided to try. I initially had the face serum, day & night cream. I tried this for a week and found the products really took to my skin (no breakouts etc) and as I was able to purchase the full line in Oz, I added the Juvedical eye serum and cream. After a week, I noticed the eye puffiness was going so I stuck to the routine. My skin tone and texture improved considerably and by 4 months of these products I had good skin, no puffiness, no bags and I can tell you that if you get rid of eye puffiness and bags, improve skin colour and tone then you will look 10 years younger. The only thing it didn't fix was wrinkles and perhaps if I stuck with it for a year or two then maybe I might see an improvement in the lines but I am too impatient for that. At about this time, I could no longer get the Juvedical line in Oz so I decided to apply the Juvedical less often and add other products to try and reduce the lines but not reinvent the eye puffiness or bags.
I now keep the Juvedical line on hand (it is very expensive) and just use now and again. I am currently using Proheal in the morning all over my face and under the eyes and Photolagen all over the eyes. Neither of these products cause any puffiness. I used to use Super Serum at night on my face and under my eyes and Photolagen all over my face and eyes. I found the Super Serum goes off too quick so now I am thinking of trying the Active serum with Photolagen over the top.
Mixed in with all of this, I take a break from this routine and use solely Juvedical for 3 days, then back to ISC and Photolagen. On the next break, I will use Kosmea 8th wonder and rose hip oil for three days. 8th wonder does not make my eyes puffy either.
My skin is now really good and the lines are diminishing but I feel the best result came from Juvedical to start with because it improved my skin and got rid of the puffiness and dreaded bags.
Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Bushy -

I suppose if it works for you, you'll keep doing what you're doing. But, from what you've said, I don't think you're getting the maximum benefit out of the IS Clinical products that you're using.

Pro Heal is recommended to treat acne and/or pigment problems. Doesn't sound like you have either. The Super Serum, which is basically a super loaded or enhanced C serum is intended for use in the mornings (NOT at night). Same for the Pro Heal btw.

If you do decided to try the Active Serum, that is DEFINITELY for use at night !!!
And, if you aren't already using a sunscreen, keep in mind that it is an absolute MUST if you are using the Active Serum....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Bushy,

what do you mean superserum 'goes off too quicky'?

BTW, I meant to post this somewhere, but if anyone's wooried about vit. c oxidizing too quicky, wrap the bottle in aluminum foil...so far seems to work for me.

Should also add, I've tried all the serums (o.k. it feels like all) but superserum wins hands down for effectiveness & is the watery, easily absorbed texture I prefer for my oily skin. I liked the ferulic for the added anti-oxidant protection, but not the oily feel-esp. in the summer when I need it most.I should add, when I have prevage, I really have the bases covered in terms of anti-oxidants. When I don't, I use a red tea serum which is also easily absorbed & dosne't contribute to oilyness-layers well too.

Lastly....speaking of sunscreen (the bane of my existence) I spoke to someone at EDS who mentionned the superlative texture of the IS sunscreen. Alrighty then. I had already placed my order & it was too late to add it..so...if anyone tried it please review. Need suncreen with 'superlative texture" Cool
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Ah Marina that makes two of us....

Right now, I use Prescribed Solutions sunscreen and its great stuff but I would love a sunscreen with a mattifying effect and somebody here said that the IS Clinical did precisely that....

I'm soooooo close to buying it....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

um...about the mattifying effect, the one reviewed..correct me if I'm wrong...was for the IS powder sunscreen thingy. As far as I know, the liquid is moisturizing...although it would be nice if had had matifying effect.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Do anyone know where to order the Juvedical eye serum and cream on line?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
You can order it here Shock
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
After 4 months the Super Serum is a dark orange so I am not too sure if it is still working effectively. I am probably using it too slowly as I still have half a bottle left.
I reviewed the ISC powder sunscreen but have gone back to my favourite Kosmea sunscreen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Can you get the eye serum here as well??? I thought it was just the eye cream. I'll have another look...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |