Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Over 50 but already look 10 years younger
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
bushy (or anybody), what's with the rumor that Remergent was sold to Estee Lauder? Do you know anything? I am so worried.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:00 am      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
bushy (or anybody), what's with the rumor that Remergent was sold to Estee Lauder? Do you know anything? I am so worried.

I think it is correct that Estee Lauder has purchased AGI Dermatics, the company that produces Remergent. There is insufficient information at this time to know what this will mean but I can't imagine they would tamper with the Remergent products. If anything, it may give Remergent more money to invest in skincare as they have been supplying Estee Lauder and others with ingredients for some time now. I think Obagi is also using Remergent ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I detest what Estee Lauder and L'Oreal do to other companies with a passion.

If they mess around with Remergent, I'll be even more furious. Sad
havana8

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
yes, very unfortunately true...
    Estée Lauder Buys AGI Dermatics
    Posted on: September 30th, 2008

Estée Lauder Cos. has acquired AGI Dermatics, a Freeport, N.Y.-based drug company focused on skin repair, according to VentureWire. No financial terms were disclosed. AGI had raised around $9 million in VC funding from firms like Spring Mountain Capital and Trevi Health Ventures.www.agiderm.com
    http://www.pehub.com/18990/estee-lauder-buys-agi-dermatics/
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I'll keep my fingers crossed that this isn't bad news, but I have to say I'm not happy about this.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Why would they mess up a perfectly good product?
......I guess cheapen it; lessen the active ingredients and charge the same. Make more money using the same label
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
That is terrible news. Remergent has done the most for my skin of any product ever. Sad((
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
One concern I have with mega companies buying cosmeceutical concerns is that may be tempted to market the product to a wider public that is less familiar with the nature of true "active" skincare ingredients, including the possibility of initial temporary negative impacts of the product, the fact that actives must be used sparingly at first in some cases, that they may require more sun vigilance, etc. Mass consumers aren't likely to be as informed (and, dare I say, obsessive) as we are, and may be turned off by what they may see as "bad products."

Think about how often, even on this forum, someone will call a product rubbish because they used it once or twice and they noticed a break out or peeling or whatever. Will mass consumers be willing to be as informed as we are, as careful in how they use "active" cosmeuticals, and as patient to out-wait small irritations in order to reap long term benefits? If the answer is "no," will the mega company marketing to mass consumers be tempted to reduce the percentage of active ingredients to reduce complaints? Maybe...
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, flitcraft, for putting is so elegantly and correctly, I feel. I don't think that Remergent DNA Repair is a problem, but now I am using the lower Retinol. Thanks to you, probably plural, I got the weaker one. I would normally have charged ahead and gotten the stronger one right off and been unhappy or even unable to use it. The .25 is just right and is effective for me right now.
I received samples of the Moisture Barrier from EDS, but it was too much for my dry/normal skin and at least one long-lasting pimple appeared. I have put it away for the colder weather.

Lord knows what Estee Lauder will do with the great Remergent products. I am afraid they will tamper with a good thing and increase the price for sure. Before they had Perfectionist, I think that is what it was called in the lapis blue, they had a fairly good product. Then they had Dimension in the malachite green container which was not as good and the current one in white is even worse. So as you say, it is on a downward curve in terms of efficiency. All I can hope is that Remergent can be found on Ebay or that Remergent themselves are going to come out with something even better. Or are they going to concentrate on prescription anti-skin cancer items which some of their write-ups seemed to indicate. Probably we will be the losers as far as healthy skincare is concerned. What do you think their plans are?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:39 am      Reply with quote
It is possible that we may be the winners as it may give Agiderm more capital to invest in research. They have been seeking funds recently to do just that so it could be good in the end.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have used the Juvidical serum from the sample of EDS, and I love it too. I think the renew mask is also great, you can try it
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for the input. When I saw the topic I was so excited and jumped in. But I am still confused with all the Juvena products - they have Rejuven, Juvedical, Juvelia, Juvenance... Not sure which one is good for me... Confused
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
It is possible that we may be the winners as it may give Agiderm more capital to invest in research. They have been seeking funds recently to do just that so it could be good in the end.

Fingers crossed - I'm trying to remain positive about this new development. They had just received a reported $5 to $9 million in venture capital, so not sure why they then agreed to be bought out by EL.

Wish we could interview Dr. Yarosh and say, hey, pal, what the hell??

Perhaps EL will just slap their brand on the Remergent products and put their considerable marketing weight behind it. Honestly before I found these boards, I had never heard of Remergent.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like a miracle. I am very interested in this product line and now I intend to try some. I am over 40 now and really need to take more attention on anti-aging.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry,lily. It turns out that those of us who worried that the purchase of Remergent would mean that the product would not be available anymore were right. That's what happened. Sad...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I just check out EDS web and find only juvendical eye cream, eye serum and day cream are available right now.
I hope other products of this line will come back to stock soon....
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
It seems that Estee Lauder applied the DNA repair element(Roxisomes)of Remergent to their new advanced night recovery serum. And there are other products offered by other brands use this element, too.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Sorry,lily. It turns out that those of us who worried that the purchase of Remergent would mean that the product would not be available anymore were right. That's what happened. Sad...

wo wo wo wo wo... are you saying that Remergent products are no more? OMG I hav been out of the loop for a while and was just considering going back to DNA repair.

Oh and the agiderm.com website is no longer active.. wow, the company is not even doing prescriptive stuff now?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

wo wo wo wo wo... are you saying that Remergent products are no more? OMG I hav been out of the loop for a while and was just considering going back to DNA repair.

Oh and the agiderm.com website is no longer active.. wow, the company is not even doing prescriptive stuff now?

Yes, that is right. Daniel Yarosh went to work for Estee Lauder as their chief formulator. That is what inspired me to try their new Advanced Night Repair SRC and I quite like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Really? my mother need it. her problem is serious. puffiness, droopy eyelids.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 am      Reply with quote
but used EL ANR 1 year,good for small wrinkles
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I have overlooked Jevena in the past, as I mistakenly thought it was the poor sister of la prairie. This thread has certainly made me rethink.

Re rainbowcheng's comment about a "renew" mask, ironically, Valmont already has the famous Renew Pack mask, and Valmont is the pioneer in using DNA RNA in all their products.

Please update on the renew mask!
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 am      Reply with quote
"Juvedical Line of products" are they sold bye EDS?

I really want to try? Who could tell me where to buy?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
beautyrose wrote:
"Juvedical Line of products" are they sold bye EDS?

I really want to try? Who could tell me where to buy?

EDS sells Juvena and this is where you will find all the juvedical type products. Juvena brought out a complete new range based on the skin nova technology which is what juvedical was.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Your share is too timely. I was worried for the bags under the eyes and fine lines

Sat May 04, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |