Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clogged pores, really bad help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JohnMatrix
5% products discount

Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
ok first off I notice that when I use "Neutrogena ultra gentle cleansing lotion" to wash my face, my face doesn't get dry and I don't break out AT ALL.....but at the same time I notice that my pores get clogged...like to the point of where, if I cleanse with example "dove" 1/4 moisturizer soap, my clogged pores look like dry skin.....then there are other deeply clogged pores that no wash seems to be able to get out. it looks like a white very pale yellow under my skin. Its Disgusting, and I cant stand it, but I dont know what to do. Sad
I also use Aveeno moisturizing lotion (the blue bottle skin relief kind, switched from the standard green one because it didn't truely moisturize)
I battle acne in highschool and now I thank my lucky stars that it's over....though now I am battling clogged pores and am at a loss...
I am only 20 and I somehow feel that my skin situation is unique because I have never seen another persons face that has to deal with this.....
It's like, if I get out of the shower, the clogged pores will show up more because they are moist, I worry that my previous acne encounter has left scars and enlarged pores that are suitable to get clogged and that other people who have never gotten an enlarged pore don't suffer from this and wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to advice....
Anyone know what im talking about? (also I am a combination skin, not too oily)
Mabsy

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi John,

Do you use any scrub or other exfoliant on a regular basis? That's the first thing I would recommend. Also, at the time when you get out of the shower, your pores will look bigger because the steam opens them up. That is the *perfect* time to apply a deep cleansing mud mask to help draw the gunk out. Are you in the US? If so then you could take yourself to a drugstore and see if you can find one of those trial size tubes of Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It's suitable for some and not for others (it makes my face burn but it works well, others don't feel a thing).

I'm also not familiar with the moisturiser you're using but perhaps someone here will be able to tell us if it's got the potential to be pore clogging. Hang around and you should get some good advice.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Im in the same situation John. I am 19 used to have acne but its gone now but have a lot of blocked pores mainly in the middle of my cheeks and on my forehead which just wont go away and its really embarrassing and depressing.

However there are a lot of products out there that can help you. If you want a scrub I would try Shiseido Deep Cleansing Scrub its quite expensive but you only need a little amount and it really invigorates and cleans your skin. If your looking for a cleanser in my opinion I would stay clear of most Jan Marini products such as the bio cleanser as they haven’t been effective for my blocked pores. But the BioClear lotion although very expensive has had quite a good effect on my skin.

Im considering purchasing the Dr.H Cleansing Cream as there have been many good reviews and even more so it apparently really helps in removing blocked pores.
Hope that helps.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I battled acne all through my teens and found that the best treatments where a vist to a homeopath which cleared my skin for about a year and half then even better diet and vitamin supplementation. I swear by Vitamin A, Zinc and B vitamins, also minimal sugar, alcohol, junk food etc, lots of water, green tea, vegies, salad etc.
My skin is clear now, I still get the odd blemish but I now have skin I used to dream of.
I use the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, Witch hazel for toning and Jojoba Oil as a moisturiser.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so far for your help....I just bought a new facial cleanser though I don't think it will be very effective....It is the NIVEA for men oil control face wash....I think I should get the facial scrub but using it twice daily might be rough on my skin, also I want to try your suggestions as well but I don't want to confuse my skin, if that's possible. haha

Thanks
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:15 am      Reply with quote
My other half uses the Oil free Nivea lotion and swears by it.
Good exfoliants are the Dermalogica Skin Prep or Neal's Yard Honey and Orange scrub.
Asda Walmart also do a really good anti bacterial face wash that is both gentle and effective.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
i also have really bad clogged pores.. i dont get a whole lost of pimples but i get tons and tons of blackheads. my nose/cheeks are just filled with them and i cant get rid of them or they come right back when i do.. i got them all over my face pretty much but havent found anything that relly works.
JohnMatrix
5% products discount

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
This is so terrible that people suffer from such a silly thing like this. They need to do some serious research and find a permanent cure, not some bulldrive products (which of course make them more money)
Anyway I wanted to know....Ok well the other night I spent the night at a friends and washed my face with regular bar soap, the kind that when you wash with your finger doesnt slide accross your skin, it creates a friction in a way.....anyway I noticed that the soap tried to lift some clogged pore debris that my other (nivea for men) face wash apparently couldn't do....then I got home the next morning and washed my face with the bar soap at my house....Now my pores look really clean when I use regular soap, but of course it feels wayyy more drying and then when I got off work tonight I noticed tiny white kind of like flakes but not flake shaped, they were skinny clogged pore debris (or maybe dryness) that came from tiny pores and created enlarged pores, so I looked in the mirror under direct light and it looked as if quite a few pores were either clogged and dried out or were clogged from the time i applied my aveeno moisturizer to the time I got home. This is really frustrating, because I have enough enlarged pores as it is, and I like anyone else am not keen to more permanent damage on my face (and on previously unphased pores) And I find it weird that my forehead and chin and the skin under my chin and don't get dry at all, it just seems to be my cheeks and my nose that suffer from dryness and clogged pores, this is so fuggin annoying when no answers seem to come!
Please give your best suggestions and advice
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I have always had clogged pores and no matter what I did they would not budge, until I started using the diy recipes on this forum. The oil cleansing meathod COMPLETELY unclogged my pores, and got rid of my acne! (I also use the ACV toner, jojoba oil as moisturizer, and lavender oil to spot treat.) It is absolutly amazing. Please look at this thread, it was the answer to my prayers.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077&highlight=ocm
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problem but I went to see the doctor last year and now I have prescription Vitamin A Acid because it is stronger then what is being sold in retail stores and it works.
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Typically my skin is normal and when it is I just use regular soap to wash. However every now gets dry or oily/clogged (depending on the and then my skin acts up, and either season). Anyway the following product seem to help my skin:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=20977&catid=9386&trx=29384&tab=0#0 (love this stuff...)

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=76694&catid=47726&trx=29067&tab=1#1 (I didn’t particularly like this one, however it is made for the purpose of cleaning pores and many people gave it good reviews. It may have worked for my skin, but I didn’t like the feel of it)

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=141175&catid=21503&trx=29067&tab=1#1 (love this stuff as well)

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |