Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermologica Microfilant working?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the Dermologica Microfilant due to all the great reviews here. After reading the instructions to add water to the very fine grains, it turned into a paste, which I believe is what it's supposed to do and used on my face. It doesn't feel like anything! Is it me or am I just used to the gritty harsh feel of exfoliators? Do I not need to feel the beads for this product to work? Please let me know if I'm adding too much water, I only add about 1 teaspoon of water so it turns into that pasty consistency. I also haven't seen any results and used it for a little over a week. Did someone say patience?!? Crying or Very sad

Thanks in advance

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't how everyone else uses it, but in my opinion a teaspoon is too much water. I only use a few drops, just enough to make it damp. At first I used too much water also, but with time you'll find the right consistency that works best for you.

-Cheri
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I'd say a teaspoon of water would wash all my powder away. Like phredd I only use a few drops so it's spreadable, after I've worked it over my face I add some more water, work it round some more then rinse. It does sound like you're using too much water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I too only add a very few drops of water to make the thin paste but it is NOT a mechanical scrub, it isnt meant to have exfoliating beads to slough off the dead cells... it is a chemical exfoliant.
The texture is a little bit like you would imagine Eno ( the antacid powder!) to be like if you made a paste from it.
You'll find it will work even though the usual scrubbing action is not needed Smile

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't add any water per say. I wet my face and thoroughly wet my hands and then pour out some of the powder onto my palm. The water on my hands is enough to make it into the right consistency. Muzzie is right though - you're not really supposed to feel any granules in this, it's not a physical exfoliant. This is an enzyme based exfoliant, so more than anything, it's important that you massage it in for about (or at least) a minute. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
i dont think it's meant to be too harsh on the skin, that's why you can use it daily because it's very gentle. What i do is wet my face first, then put a bit of the powder onto my hands and add a tiny bit of water onto that. Then rub it into my face gently. However, i find the microfiliant to be a bit too drying for my skin.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think I must be one of the only ones who didn't actually like this Confused I did love the skin prep scrub though Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love Microfoliant Very Happy I went a week without using it when I was on vacation and I was a scary site Laughing It keeps my skin clean and clear, less breakouts and blackheads I also use the gentle cream exfoliant for a deeper down clean usually about once a week.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |