Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. H method...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Toronto_Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I keep reading about the "Press and Roll" method recommended when using the Dr. H Cleansing Cream. Problem is...I just don't get it. Lol. Dare I use the "I'm blonde!" excuse?! Smile

Can someone please, please, please explain the method in detail. Thank you very much!

Belle

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Belle,

I'm no expert on this subject ... so more experienced users [or anyone who was lucky enough to see the video before it disappeared] please jump in if I'm describing this incorrectly.

What I envision is something akin to how the movies portray someone getting their fingerprints taken ... not the pressing on the ink pad ... but the transferring of the print onto the paper. I'm sure you can envision the procedure ... where each finger is taken and rolled from one side to the next.

Now ... if you extrapolate that action from one finger to all your fingers held together ... I think that's the action Dr. H's web site is describing. At least ... that's how I've been picturing it. Laughing

So ... you smooth it onto your face ... and then you take your fingers, all held together and you press, then roll. Now I've always "rolled" in a right-to-left motion with my right hand ... and a left-to-right motion with my left hand ... but I'm not sure that it matters ... and in fact, perhaps you're supposed to press and roll in one direction and then press and roll in the other direction.

It is the most awkward "cleanser" motion that I've encountered ... and I don't know, in fact, what the actual rolling action accomplishes. I've found myself wondering why one doesn't simply press and then lift the fingers off the face. Anyone know?

I hope this has helped you ... and I hope I'm not leading you astray. Good luck ... and if you come up with a better way to describe this ... please share! Laughing

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mary,

Thank you!

Belle

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Mary, you described the 'rolling' action perfectly! Very Happy
I did see the video and I couldn't have done as great a job at explaining the action as you have. Smile
I'm not sure why it involves pressing and rolling together as just pressing would possibly create enough suction to draw out any impurities. Maybe it is some kind of lymph drainage technique. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Toe -- I think you are right on the money. I agree that it probably has something to do with draining lymph and 'sucking out' blackheads and such. It's similar to the technique I use when massaging jojoba oil in order to remove blackheads.
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
wow that was such a good explanation!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! *blush* I'm just glad that I understood the instructions properly and could translate my understanding to someone else. Wink I'm particularly glad because my face is apparently going through that "adjustment" phase [thank goodness mineral makeup covers things so well!] ... and I was beginning to wonder myself if I understood the procedure properly.

I only use it in the AM ... so it's taken longer to experience the adjustment than it might have if I used it AM and PM. Laughing

At any rate ... I will persist and see what happens.

I imagine that if the action stimulates lymph "drainage" that's the reason for my 4 or 5 spots at the moment. Hopefully they will disappear quickly with continued DHCC use! Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I have found that what works for me is using the press and roll methed but then leaving the Dr H CC on my skin for about 5 minutes afterwards so that it can draw out any impurities, sort of like a face mask then I wash off and tone. My skin looks really good after a week of this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I"ve been using Dr. H CC for some time and never am totally sure if im even using it correctly. hehe. It is definately the most awekward use of a cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |