Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Murad products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw a lady with the most amazing glowing, flawless skin i have ever seen. I asked her what skincare she uses and she said "Murad". I havent really heard much reviews about this line and would like to know if anybody used it. If so...did you like it? How would this line compare with other products?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like their Pomegrante Line - the Foaming Pomegrante cleanser and Pomegrante Energizing Face serum are quite nice, actually. That's all I've tried from Murad, but had no problems with either!

Why don't I know how to spell Pomegrante? Is is Pomegranite? Pomagranette....I don't know my fruits very well.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Murad is a great line IMO. I've used their Vitamin C Cleansing gel (don't remember the actual name), and their Peach Toner for dry skin. I loved them both. I also used their oil-free moisturizer, which I liked, but after a while it made my face really "shiny", even though it wasn't greasy. It never broke me out though.
I also used their silk ey egel, with the double helix of eye cream in the middle, I returned that one, as it left a white, cakey residue under my eyes. I think the white crem in the middle is actually a powder. It seemed to settle in my fine lines & make them look worse. Mabsy has used their vitamin c eye cream and has given many good reviews about it. I've never tried it though. But it is supposed to be good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like Murad eye cream SPF15. The texture is almost similar to la Prairie Smart Eye SPF15. Light and moisturizing. Murad is also much cheaper.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
This summer I was using Murad's Oil-free Sunblock SPF Sheer Tint nd really like it Very Happy Great smell and just enough tint for me and best of all no shine (although it does contain titanium dioxide). I have alot of problem finding a cream with SPF that doesn't irritate my skin and this one didn't. However, I do need to layer with another moisturizer as it doesn't really moisturize just protects!
Mabsy

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:37 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
This summer I was using Murad's Oil-free Sunblock SPF Sheer Tint nd really like it Very Happy

I love this stuff! It literally just melts into the skin - I use it over a light moisturiser as well, not by itself.

Maria - that pomegranate serum - is that the candy cane looking one? I don't know if it did much for my skin but I really liked it nonetheless. It looks so nice! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
cbrooke wrote:
This summer I was using Murad's Oil-free Sunblock SPF Sheer Tint nd really like it Very Happy

I love this stuff! It literally just melts into the skin - I use it over a light moisturiser as well, not by itself.

Maria - that pomegranate serum - is that the candy cane looking one? I don't know if it did much for my skin but I really liked it nonetheless. It looks so nice! Smile

Mabsy -

Yes, it's the one that looks like a candy cane. I am like you in that, not knowing if it did anything, but I liked it, b/c it made my skin feel soft. The pomegranate cleanser was nice and non-stripping too.

Maria Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
thanks guys for your opinions
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
do you find murad products to be drying? Because my skin is super dry this winter and dont want anything drying or causes pimples
dionne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
i haven't used alot of murad's products but i can DEFINITELY TELL YOU THAT DO NOT BUY THEIR MOISTURE SILK EYE GEL. its a waste of money. the fact they use the words "moisture" and "silk" to describe their eye gel is very, very misleading. after i used it, i found that my undereye area was drier than normal and most of the time, it did not absorb AT ALL.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to hear that dionne, i will stay away from their eye creams Wink
rmt5001

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Murad after my sister-in-law said she was using it (she has great skin). Here's what I tried:

Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser - a foaming cleanser that totally stripped my skin. As soon as I washed it off my skin felt tight and itchy.

Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer SPF 15 - It was ok but I didn't notice any miracles. It also wasn't as moisturing as I would have liked.

AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser - it's a heavy paste that is pretty strong so I can't use it every day.

Acne Spot Treatment - this is actually pretty good. I get the typical once a month, hormone-induced zit on my chin. I use this at night and it is smaller, but not gone, the next morning. It smells kind of funky and leaves a flaky crust on your skin when it dries so I stick to using it at night. You can probably use it in the morning if you don't put too much on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
We have tried quite a few products of Murad:

pomegranate cleanser - very nice, but left both hubby and I with skin a bit too taught for comfort.

pomegranate serum - this was really lovely! but did nothing wonderful for our skin IMO (but it did feel nice)

pomegranate moisturizer - we just had a sample of this, but it was nice enough to make me want to eventually buy a tube to try. Bonus it has SPF15 too.

Vit C cleansing gel - we had a 1oz trial tube and it was LOVELY. If in the market for a cleansing gel I might consider buying it. No dry feeling on either of us.

Vit C intensive mask: I really must do a full review on this. They were nice. Cannot say I saw any amazing difference in my skin but the price for just 4 treatments put me off repurchase.

Oh and they have a sunscreen for the body in a yellow tube.. maybe SPF30 ...it is YUK... it smells of cracked pepper in a big way (both hubby and I thought so and we had to run and wash it off it smelled so vile) Laughing
socalgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I first found out about Murad products on this forum! Since then I've tried a lot of them (and I mean a lot!) since they usually have generous samples (try Sephora or ebay). Here's a brief rundown of what I can remember trying in the last year. I’ll put the ones I like and will keep using first:

Vit C daily renewal complex - I use nightly, wake up glowing! One of my favorite products ever. This is what prompted me to try so many other Murad products.

Vit C day moisturizer spf15 - LOVE this. Light enough so that it soaks in quickly, but moisturizes enough that I use it in the winter (though I still sometimes add Kinerase around my nose for even more moisture). I use this in my eye area with better results than their eye cream! I'm on my third tube.

Day reform - use every AM. makes my skin very smooth, supposed to prevent wrinkles hope that is true! However doesn't really effect the wrinkles I have.

Acne spot treatment - this is all I use to dry up any chocolate pimples (pretty much the only ones I get unless I try a new product that doesn’t agree with my skin). Agree on the funky crust but it does work really fast!

Perfecting Day Cream spf 30 – my most recent full size purchase, sample was bit shinier than vit c day, less glowing than resurgence day. Will definitely use when I will be outside a lot.

Correcting moisturizer spf 15 - only have had a sample of this, and was amazed at how it became matte after I applied it on the redness around my nose and instantly balanced the redness. On my future shopping list.

Waterproof spf 30 – this is the yellow tube stuff, works, but if on my face all day several days in a row, sometimes I will get a pimple. I just ran into the bathroom to smell it, not remembering any bad smell... smells like, well, sunscreen. Not bad. But it will STING if it gets in your eyes for sure! Prefer Sheisdo extra smooth for face spf 36 but that is only water resistant, so would use again for swimming.

Resurgence day moisture spf 15 – nice if you want to be dewy, can’t use daily/too rich for my entire face, but I love patting this OVER my makeup under my eyes to stay dewy all day on special days

Resurgence renewing eye cream - before I tried ADCE, I thought this was the miracle eye cream! Big effect on my crows feet, but after a week ADCE seems to be even better....

Resurgence Age Diffusing Serum – slight softening effect on my crows feet and brightening under eyes, not as dramatic as ADCE though

Vitamin supplements – I’ve tried the Wrinkle packs (wow) and the Cellulite packs (mild effect).

Vit C cleanser - too drying for me

Vit C toner - too drying for my skin

Vit C eye cream spf 15 - Nice moisturizing, not really strong enough effect on my crows feet as I wanted, have to be careful about not putting to much on as it stings if it slides into eyes. I still sometimes use this over the other eye area products I try but would not repurchase.

Vit C night moisturizer - Ok but nothing special

Age spot lightening gel - seemed to work at first, but then the spots came back! Also sticky and doesn't work well under makeup. Actually turned an odd dark color after a month, so I returned it to murad (got this as a gift from them directly) for...

Brightening treatment - not sticky, but didn't notice any lightening effect on my sun spots near my eyes

Moisture silk eye gel - ick sticky and drying.

Treatment recovery gel - tried on redness around my nose, no noticeable good or bad effect

Night reform - odd smell, dry cream texture a bit rough and didn't make me glow in the am like vit c renewal does

Phew! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been checking out Murad products lately at a beauty store near my office that, surprisingly, carries this line. I've been using Murad soothing lip therapy for my chronic dry lips for about three months. The main ingredient is from petroleum, supposedly refined, but it does work well for my dry, sometimes painfully chapped lips. Since using this product, my lips have been healthy, moist and chap-free.

Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Benzyl Cinnamate, Tocopheroyl Acetate, Lanolin, Aldehyde C-16, Cetyl Esters, Salicylic Acid

After reading socalgirl's reviews on various Murad products, I'm interested in trying Resurgence day moisture spf 15. I'm always on the lookout for a good, hydrating SPF, and this might be good to use until mid to late spring, when I need to up the SPF to 30.

I have noticed that the Murad line does provide a wonderful supply of samples to try products before spending money on something that may or may not work for your skin. I do like that. I have not found that to be the case with other lines of skincare products. There is one spa in my city that carries Dermalogica, and they are extremely stingy with samples. I purchase my Blinc mascara and primer there, and I'm lucky to walk out with one sample. They don't know how much I spend/month on skincare....which is fine. I like to buy from people/shops who are smart enough to know that customers will return and spend money on products they have tried through sampling a product, which is why I'm a devoted EDS customer. (sorry for the rant. didn't mean to go off-topic like this, but it really bugs me)
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
^^ lol socalgirl you werent kidding when you said you tried alot of murad products. I have really dry skin right now and it seems like many murad products are meant for more oily skin and causes tightness and flaking.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I see that many of you tried quiet a few Murad products. Could you please tell me if they have any good products for acne? I tried many prescription drugs and Proactive and pretty much all of the over the counter medicine (now I know where my pay checks went, but not that many results.) I'm using Clearacil acne cream, it's pretty good, but really dries out my skin. maybe you guys can suggest something I could try from Murad for acne. Thank you for your time.

Solomia
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use the Murad Acne kit (it had 3 or 4 products in it), and I loved it. It really cleared up my skin. I am unable to stick with one line for more than a year though, so I haven't used it in a while. I would definitely recommend trying it though, as I had great results with Murad whereas ProActiv did nothing for me.
Solomia
5% products discount

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, tularyn.

I'm just tired of wasting sooo much money on products that do not work. An honest opinion always helps a lot, so thank you for the information, I'll definitely try Murad's acne kit.

Solomia
Caspers Mum

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I use both the Murad Tinted Sunblock and the Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15. Love them both.

The Tinted Sunblock is very sheer, is an excellent shade for my fair skin, and I love the scent! A winner, for sure!

The Essential C Eye Cream is great for me, as it has light diffusing properties, which brighten my (naturally) dark circles, it nourishes without causing milia, and (I'm hoping) maintains the firmness of my eye area. Cool
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Murad Vitamin c gel cleanser it did ok in the beginning but it made me break out..

I also tried the acne complex kit.. No success with that.. I purged and purged and purged like crazy.. It was a disaster.. Be careful with kit.. Its not good for sensitive skin..

Perfecting Lotion. Goes on too greasy on my skin

Renewing Cleansing Cream - didnt work for me..I broke out.. My face felt weird like sometimes i feel pimples forming and starting to break the skin...

Murad Moisture Rich Cleanser - worked best for me..It was light and gentle.. Less breakouts.. I used it in conjuction with Murad Clarifying Toner. Toners aight.. My skin was kinda clearing up but i still had blemishes and a few times i got new pimples.. But overall these two products worked best for me..

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm debating on trying the Murad Clarifying Skin Cleanser or Dermalogica's Anti-bac cleanser...yes I suffer from awful acne (blackheads, white heads, cycts)...you name it.
Need something to kill the bacteria.

Can someone compare both and let me know which would be my best bet?

Oh..I'm also using other stuff right now to help my skin (Avene Diacneal)...just trying to revamp my routine Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
TOGirl75 wrote:
I'm debating on trying the Murad Clarifying Skin Cleanser or Dermalogica's Anti-bac cleanser...yes I suffer from awful acne (blackheads, white heads, cycts)...you name it.
Need something to kill the bacteria.

Can someone compare both and let me know which would be my best bet?

Oh..I'm also using other stuff right now to help my skin (Avene Diacneal)...just trying to revamp my routine Smile

I hated Murad. The products were very irritating to my skin. They made me break out more. My skin was so red and inflammed. Horrible products.

I can't comment on the Dermalogica product, never tried it.

I highly recommend Earth to Body products (www.earthtobody.ca ). The products are all natural and yet they work wonders on my skin. I love the Clay-Neem Treatment (I use a couple drops of tea tree oil and water to make my paste).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
i've tried murad's pomegranate energizing cleanser..it didn't quite work out for me since it left my skin feeling "uncleansed"
also have used essential c eye cream with spf 15..it's alright and i didn't really like the sticky texture, which i find most products with spf have that same problem
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Today I just bought the sheer lustre day moisture spf15. It's very moisturizing and absorbs well. I only bought it becuase Rachel Weisz is quoted as using it and her skin is flawless.

http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63540_Rachel_Weisz_Piyal_Hosain_Portrait_Session_04_122_411lo.jpg#

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |