Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

True Cosmetics and Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
We have recently launched the sale of True products! This is a truly excellent line of skincare and make-up, as the products contain idebenone, a fabulous anti-oxidant ingredient!

As I was generously extended samples from our rep., I must tell you how much I love their Balancing Cleansing Emulsion and Essential Soothing Tonic. As I have combination skin, during the cooler months, my cheeks become slightly dehydrated. Both of these products effectively remove make-up & surface oils, without stripping my skin. Also, I love their fresh citrus scent! Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I recently went to a spa and had a facial. For the first time I feel like I was given the best facial for my skin and reccomendation on a product line. It is the TRUE product line. I just started using it and so far (fingers crossed) I am really liking it. Has anyone else out there used it (or are using it) and any feedback? Razz
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...this looks really interesting. I hope that a few others will try this out too soon to get more perspectives on it. I didn't see much about it on the internet so I'm assuming it is relatively new altogether? Unfortunately, that means it's going to be a while until people have time to use it and and really see if it works like their website says it does. It sounds very promising though!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
wow i gotta try this product Shock
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Casper's mum: I just see 2 under the skincare line. Is there anyway you could please post all of the ingredients of them?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this yet? It's another one that has me curious. Rolling Eyes
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I take idebenone orally for it's antioxidant action. A skin care product containing this would be interesting. As I've had allergic reactions to many products I'd like to see an ingredient list before I tried anything new.
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl - I see you're in the Dallas area. If you want to check out the products in person, the Always at Peace Day Spa in Plano supposedly sells the True Cosmetics line (at least according to the True Cosmetics website - I haven't been there myself, though I keep intending to go check it out).

I ordered a few products throught truelynatural.com and I like this line a lot. I've incorporated some of the True products into my IS Clinical regime. My skin is dry, and I really love the restoring deep cleanser. It takes off all my makeup, rinses clean with no film, and makes my skin feel very soft afterward with no dryness. I also use the restoring aromatic oil as a moisturizer.

I'm impressed with the makeup so far as well. I use the concealer (Truely Natural is the cheapest place to get this), which has a very nice texture that covers well but isn't so cakey that it emphasizes fine lines. Truely Natural was pretty generous with samples as well - I got eye gel, the Restoring Rich Cream, and the mineral powder foundation. The powder feels weightless and seems to cover decently with a finish that's not too matte or too shiny. I'll probably invest in this at some point down the road. The sample they sent will probably last me a while.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hope - Thanks for the great information! Yes I am in the Dallas area although in the mid-cities area so I'll have to plan a day trip over to Plano one day. I'd like to get a facial or something anyways so maybe I can just get one there. I'm also going to check out Truely Natural as well! Very Happy
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
That would be quite a hike from the mid-cities to Plano. I checked out the spa website before Christmas when they were running some specials for the month of December, but I never got around to scheduling anything. It looks pretty neat - it's in an old Victorian home near downtown Plano.

Their website is alwaysatpeace.com (sorry - I'm technologically challenged and don't know how to do links) if you want to take a look. I just checked, and I didn't see anything about True cosmetics, although I swear that there was some mention of it on there before. It's possible that they don't sell it any more. The True Cosmetics web site (truecosmetics.com) does still list the spa under its "where to find us" section.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All
I really enjoying reading posts about people that have tried "True" products. I swear by them now and have been using them for a couple months. I continue to keep adding products to my cabinet. I do LOVE the foundation compact. I recently tried there "Purifying Therapeutic Mask", man it is the best. It cools as it dries and yet does not "dry" out your skin. It comes with a paint brush and you just paint on the mask. I HIGHLY recommend you giving this product a try. I love the source I am getting it from which (essential-skincare.com). GREAT customer service, they have specials from time to time. Offer free shipping and do send samples. (which is a bad thing if you are like me, who tries the samples and then I am hooked). Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who's tried it, I can't decide between the radiance revealing & the youth revealing serum. Seems to me I need both. I'm trying to find an alternative to prevage, since it's so hard to get.I have mature (hence the need for youth revealing) but still oilyish skin. Confused
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
marina, prevage is now available widely in canada. They launched on jan 1 at a lot of shoppers drug marts, london drugs, etc. There's always the shopping channel if the locations near you don't carry prevage.

theshoppingchannel.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
very interesting, i shall try it out Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
marina, prevage is now available widely in canada. They launched on jan 1 at a lot of shoppers drug marts, london drugs, etc. There's always the shopping channel if the locations near you don't carry prevage.

theshoppingchannel.com

Thank you.. Lianne..but is that for Prevage MD (the original)or the prevage .05% from Arden-which sells for $150.00?.

Edit: Just checked the shopping channel..it's the Arden version, $200. including shipping. That's the thing..if I go with .05%, the True is the better deal. The active igredient is the same, but at half the price. The only question is, how the other ingredients affect its performance.

Marina
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Marina -- I just got the True youth revealing complex. As I understood it, the difference between the two is that the radiance revealing complex has ingredients that will help with hyperpigmentation and the youth revealing complex is more emollient.

I can't comment on its effectiveness because I've only used it for a few days. On me, it seems very mild and not irritating at all. Definitely doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or even very moisturized. I don't think it would be a problem for oily skin.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Is this line for more mature skin types?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
So who can compare mineral make up against liquid make up. I need better coverage...
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I recently went to a spa and had a facial. For the first time I feel like I was given the best facial for my skin and reccomendation on a product line.

Bergquis - Do you remember what type of facial you had done? I'm looking into have one done and there are several to choose from (i.e. pore refining/deep cleansing, anti-aging, nourishing, etc.). Also, can you comment on whether or not you're still liking these products, which ones and the results you've had? TIA!!! Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi TIA
I am not sure if I know the name of the facial, but I told the lady that I am prone to break outs and I feel like everytime I get one, although it feels great, I start breaking out in huge whoopers. She told me that when I get a facial done, ask them not to do all the harse scrubs. She said I needed a light, I do think she said nourishing facial. I know when I got my last one I did not have one breakout. I am still enjoying the TRUE products, I use the mineral powers, but loose and compact..but for some reason I am experiencing lots of breakouts, maybe the hot weather...so I am looking for a recomendation on liquid, that will not break me out, doesn't feel like a mask and WILL NOT CLOG PORES, any suggestions?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bergquis! I'll see if I can set up a facial and let them decide which one I need when I get there. I don't know if I have to choose beforehand or not.

Sorry, I can't help you out with your liquid foundation question. I don't wear foundation, although I have been experimenting with a few powders since I have yet to find a ss that doesn't make me look like a greasball (and I have normal/dry sking!). I'm sure someone else can help. Good luck!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Hello
Does anyone use this line? If so, I am interested in an ingredients list, especially for the flawless powders, or other powders they carry.
Thanks
bluefishca

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have the youth revealing and after trying many different things , I really love true and hope to buy lots more..
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies (sorry men) I have read and read and read some more than birth control pills can help clear skin. I know some of the side effects of them, and I don't need them for controlling pregnancies (my SO has a vacsectomy), but I have read that YAZ and DIANE can actually help clear skin. I have used the route of the derms (four to be exact) all their topicals/potions/lotions and oral (I have taken everything) have not worked. Has anyone taken birth control pills and it helped their acne situation? IF so, which ones? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Hi Ladies (sorry men) I have read and read and read some more than birth control pills can help clear skin, but I have read that YAZ and DIANE can actually help clear skin. I have used the route of the derms (four to be exact) all their topicals/potions/lotions and oral (I have taken everything) have not worked. Has anyone taken birth control pills and it helped their acne situation? IF so, which ones? Thanks

PUHLEEZE don't take a serious medication, just because the 'side effect' might help with your skin care issue......It's a dangerous thing to do. Just be vigilant, and do lots of research, and you will find a safer route to clear skin..

What you suggest is akin, to the folks who are willing to use a glaucoma medication, in their quest for longer eyelashes...That is one of the side effects of the drug, but many other side effects are being overlooked. Please don't misuse birth control pills in the same way.

Hopping down from my soapbox....and looking for a "concerned" emoticon.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |