Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tinted moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Despite my deep affection for my MAC Moistureblend foundation, I'm finding that my skin is becoming so even-toned from playing with all of the recommendations on this forum that I really only need foundation for when I want a flawless finish - like evenings out or special occasions.

I'm thinking that a tinted moisturizer with an SPF would be a nice daytime alternative, especially to combat the cruel winter air.

But when I went to Sephora to shop around, I felt strangled by the multiple options. I keep turning back to Stila and Paula Dorf, but I'm open to hearing other recommendations.

P.S. I like dewy finishes (not matte), my shade is MAC NC25 or NC30, and I am not opposed to pearlized or metallic ingredients.

Thanks in advance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Stila or Paula Dorf TM's (only Tarte and Px's Traceless), but I think you'd love the dewiness of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer SPF 20. I have combination skin and this doesn't leave me oily. It always just gives my skin a subtle, healthy looking glow. I use it in "Nude" and have reordered several times. I think I could use "Sand" also.

-Cheri
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I second Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer SPF 20. I use "Nude" also. It gives a really natural and healthy glow without shine or anything glitter-like. The tinted moisturizer is enough for me in the summer. I put it on top of my c-serum. In the winter months, I do need to layer another moisturizer under the LM TM SPF 20.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:13 am      Reply with quote
My votes would be Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF15 (has some of that shiny stuff in it but it's not at all obvious) and also Tarte Smooth Operator Smile

5% products discount

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy.. I agree with you Tarte smooth operator is the best.It also has those little tiny sparkly that makes skin glowing!!..
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I love Dermalogica moisture tint.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I've been cheating.

I've been mixing either Alphaderma / jurlique day cream with my jane iredale liquid mineral / gurlain to very good effect.

If it's a tinted moisturiser I would go for Aveda, for something lighter and with a touch of shimmer then sheer tint.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
1) 1/f Sunscreen Face (SPF 30) by POLA. This one is really light and doesn't clog pores. It's a Japanese brand.

Oil-free, tinted sunblock cream with skin lightening ingredients.

Approx. US$30.28

Sunblock cream for face formulated with Ascorbyl Glucoside (AG) and Molasses Liquid to lighten skin while blocking harmful UV rays.

Protects your skin from harmful UV rays with SPF 30 and keeps it hydrated to bring out a clearer, brighter tone. With its tinted shade, it can be used as a moisturizing makeup base or as a foundation for light makeup. (The tint evens out skin tone but it will not leave a noticeable color on your face so it is suitable for all skin colors and shades!). Its non-greasy, easily spread texture makes it comfortable to use even during hot seasons. Ideal as a makeup base under ID White cake.

UV absorbent-free.

1.0 oz/30g supply.

Ingredients:
TITANIUM DIOXIDE 12.2%, WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) EXTRACT, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, ALUMINIYM STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, SORBITAN SESQUIISORATE, SUCROSE STEARATE, PEG-25 STEARATE, SORBITAN DISTEARATE, ARGININE, GLYCERIN/OXYBUTYLENE COPOLYMER STEARYL ETHER, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES(CI 77492), MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, FRAGRANCE, SILICA, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, XANTHAN GUM, TOCOPHEROL, ALUMINA, BLACK SUGAR EXTRACT.

2) For those who don't like to mail order the Pola brand sunscreen, I saw this in Sephora and was thinking about giving Juice Beauty a try after my Pola runs out especially since it has pomegranate juice in it for great antioxidant protection:

Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer:

ALL SKIN TYPES

? full-spectrum protection
? lightly tinted
? antioxidant pomegranate juice

This mineral-tinted moisturizer combines chemical-free, full spectrum spf 30 sun protection with certified organic white grape and pomegranate juices, vitamin antioxidants and essential nutrients for the coverage you are seeking and the protection you need.

How to use: Protect and moisturize daily by applying a smooth even layer to cleansed face and neck. Reapply as needed. May be used over moisturizer or alone.
active ingredient: titanium dioxide
organic juice solution of pyrus malus (apple) juice, vitis vinifera (white grape) juice, punica granatum (pomegranate) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, organic camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, organic cera alba (beeswax), octyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, organic plant oils of helianthus annuus (sunflower), persea gratissima (avocado) & simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), sodium pca, sodium hyaluronate, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), phospholipids, panthenol (vitamin B5), ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), xanthan gum, tetrasodium edta, phenoxyethanol, methylisothiazolinone, mica & iron oxides (mineral tints), citrus aurantium (petitgrain), cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) & citrus reticulata (mandarin) pure essential oils.

Hope that helps.

Librarygirl
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I just put an ultra light dusting of BE powder and spritz. Looks invisible and you get some physical sun protection as well

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Much to my surprise I like Wet n' Wild for $2.99! Neutrogena's is nice if you skin is not dry at all. Lancome aqua fusion is nice but $$$.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer as well. I'm a MAC NC25 and the Nude shade of LM works well with my skin tone. Seems to be a popular shade choice!
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Where to BEGIN!?! Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lots of options here! Not to add to your confusion, but Burt's bees also makes a tinted facial moisturizer that I've tried and liked...it has a nice scent and feels good on your face. Would be a good way to go especially if you prefer the drugstore or online purchasing route!
bevinc81
5% products discount

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
just wanted to let everyone know I purchased laura mercier tinted moisturizer in bare this weekend and I love it. I like to minimize my morning routine so this is my mew hg.It's every thing I need all in one and it looks fabulous on. Today I put some loose powder over it and my skin was flawless. Sorry this is not in the review forum but I didn't want to start a new thread, just so thrilled with my new find. One more thing it is a bit $$ but you really only need a small amount.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Glad that you like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer too. It is really great Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you have a moisturizer that you like you can always tint it yourself with Dr. H bronzing concentrate. However, I don't recommend this if you have very fair and pink toned skin (like me) because it sort of comes out "dirty" looking. On darker skin tones it can look very nice.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
If you have a moisturizer that you like you can always tint it yourself with Dr. H bronzing concentrate. However, I don't recommend this if you have very fair and pink toned skin (like me) because it sort of comes out "dirty" looking. On darker skin tones it can look very nice.

This made my fair skin look dirty too. I tried for a week to get the right combination of the concentrate and moisturizer, but I ended up looking the same.

-Cheri
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ive heard alot of good things about Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have the Dr Hauschka Bronze Concentrate and it's only really good for the summer with a tan or if your skin is really clear.
I like just applying a light sweep of powder and then spritzing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I also love the Toned day cream by Dr. H. It goes on like a foundation and evens out your red patches you have on your skin. It also moisturizes
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you found a product you like! A little does go a long way...

I think I'd be far too nervous to tint my own moisturizer!
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to ask if anyone has tried Vichy's Lumineuse Tinted Moisturizer?

I have found most tinted moisturizers with SPF break me out horribly and does not provide adequate protection. Mad

I discovered that Vichy uses Mexory SX which is a sunscreen ingredient that my skin AND provide the adequate protection I am looking for (as my profile blurb states freckle/burn VERY easily).

The physical sunscreens makes my face itchy so I can't go with those types of sunscreen either. Believe me, I've tried. Confused

The higher spf with Mexoryl is not approved for the U.S. yet (only spf of 15-20, I believe). I will have to wait to get this on ebay, online overseas or when I get a chance to cross into Canada in June. Wink

Thanks in advance! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
LM tinted moisturer is my favour! Laughing
it is super good!
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
LM tinted moisturer is my favour! Laughing
it is super good!

Hi helenzwl,

Unfortunately, the LM made me break out. Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm actually using the Jergen's Natural Glow Face for pale skin. It isn't a tinted moisturizer but is a sort of self-tanning moisturizer. Except the one I'm using (for pale skin) doesn't make my face tan. It just gives it a great glow while keeping it pretty pale (my normal makeup still matches my skin). Then I just use concealer where I need it and a little powder. I really like this stuff!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |