Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Breakouts on scalp
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason, my scalp keeps breaking out, and I keep picking. Embarassed

I have waistlong hair, and I´ve used tons of different shampoos and conditioners, but I still break out. I´m currently using Wella System Professional hydrating shapoo and spray on conditioner. I rarely use other hairproducts, and they never touch my scalp. What should I do?
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Have u been to a dermatologist? If not, I highly recommend that u go. They might find a reason for this.

HTH,
Anna

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mine does too, along the hairline near my neck. I have asked my derm when I had my yearly mole check but he just said it's either hormonal, oily scalp and to try switching shampoos (which I did to no avail). I just ordered the DR H Shampoo to see if it will help. I wonder if there is hope with ACV and something?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Are you taking any vitamin/mineral supplements?
B Vitamins, Vitamin A, Linseed Oil, Silica, Zinc, Magnesium are all good for the hair and skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all!

Could my IUD (LevoNova/Mirena) be to blame for this? I can´t really remember if this was a problem prior to using the IUD.
Thought, anyone?
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Don't know about the IUD, but I'm wondering whether your scalp is actually too dry or the Wella is irritating which is causing the scalp to overcompensate with sebum production. I read that this can happen with certain face treatments - the skin protects itself with sebum when it's overly dry or irritated.

That being said, I notice that you are using a spray on conditioner. I wonder whether you should try a bottled conditioner, applying it after you shampoo, then rinsing it out. I never hesitate to put conditioner right on the scalp, not just the ends. (Although I'm fortunate that this does not cause greasy roots.) Maybe a conditioner with a hemp base would be good? The hemp is a natural means of providing moisture.

Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Could it be sulfates? I'm not familliar with wella

I get nasty breakouts there too. Nioxin shampoos have helped clear mine up. I still get some, but nothing like before.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all!
LandB: I´ll try a different shampoo and a regular conditioner. I hadn´t thought about that.

Rosebud: Thanks for the recs, I´ll try adding some supplements.

Lianne: I´m not familiar tih Nioxin, could you please elaborate?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I get this too, especially when I'm stressed and it is made worse by the picking and scratching because it itches like hell!

About 2-3 months ago I switched to conditioner only washing and it has improved no end.

If you do a search for conditioner only, you should get more details on how to do it (there was a good thread in the lounge a while back)

Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz, I´ll do that!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Nioxin is a haircare brand for thining hair. Their cleanser and scalp therapy conditioner are created to create a healthy scalp environment and encourage hair growth. It was recommended to me to help with the breakouts and not only has it done that it has helped my 'breaks' in the front of my hairline to grow out.

Everytime I try another shampoo again I get another breakout.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I get this too, especially when I'm stressed and it is made worse by the picking and scratching because it itches like hell!

About 2-3 months ago I switched to conditioner only washing and it has improved no end.

If you do a search for conditioner only, you should get more details on how to do it (there was a good thread in the lounge a while back)

Liz Cool

hi, i was wondering if you could clarify what 'conditioner only washing is" do you not use shampoo?

thanks

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have long hair too and the problem I have found lies with the conditioner. This is what I do:

First, wash hair with a shampoo for oily hair. Make sure you get all of the shampoo out. Then follow with a light conditioner, again for oily hair. After you rinse well, wash with cold water.

Another thing causing my problem was blow drying it every day. I switched to every other day and my scalp dried up great!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Just got in my order from EDS for Dr Hauschkas Nasturtium Shampoo for oily hair/congested scalp. I have only used it twice but am already feeling the difference. I can tell it is starting to regulate the oil but my hair feels cleaner longer w/o drying it out. It has a minty smell and I can feel that it is calming the breakouts down w/ that menthol/minty tingle. You might try it and see if it helps you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:

hi, i was wondering if you could clarify what 'conditioner only washing is" do you not use shampoo?

thanks

No, you wash your hair using conditioner. You need to really massage your scalp well first, then massage with the hair wet and massage again with the conditioner. Make sure it is well rinsed out after and maybe use a ACV rinse as well. You want a cheap conditioner that doesn't contain silicones if poss as well. You need to do it every day to begin with, but then you can just do it every 3-4 days when your hair's oil production normalises.

Liz Cool

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
My scalp has broken out almost constantly from puberty until now.I have tried everything. I am confused about washing your hair with conditioner. How can that get my hair and scalp clean? It seems like it would be gummy.
christer12
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Just only apply conditioner/conditioning treatment on the hair ends. Wash your hair with shampoo twice and use Elcon/cortisone on the scarp from the doctor.

Try if that helps.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |