Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help!! Itchy skin and OCM
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I recently tried OCM (castor + EVOO) at night. I must admit my skin looked great, smaller pores and havent had any break outs..but it's itchy. I have no idea why!?javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Confused

I thought maybe its the castor oil + EVOO combo, so I tried sweet almond oil with a bit of peppermint EO to combat the itchyness, but havent improved much.

Any suggestion?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have sensitive skin?
I have tried the oil cleansing method before and found I had no problems when the oil was on but when I washed it all off my normally oily skin went super dry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Whenver my skin is itchy i break out if i itch the spot to much, is this because of my hormones?
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rosebud, are you still using OCM?

Yes my skin is a bit sensitive, oily/combination, open pores, blackheads and occasional break outs.

I did experience dryness when I wash off the oil, so I usually rub a bit of oil on my palm and dab it on the skin..it helps.

I dont know if the oil affects my sensitive skin, I thought its supposed to help as it more natural??
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I only use the OCM every so often probably about twice a month. A lot of people with sensitive skin do find that natural products can irritate or be a little too harsh.
I think it's just about finding what is right for you Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I read that castor oil is a bit harsher (more cleansing) on the skin for OCM. Maybe try using only EVOO or mixing EVOO with a lighter oil like jojoba or coconut oil.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Coconut Oil is better for dry skin.
I swear by Jojoba oil for my oily skin, it also makes a great eye make-up remover.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I tried cleansing just with sweet almond + a bit of EO and use luke warm towel to wipe it (instead of the steaming method) then I dab my face with AESOP toner and AESOP mandarin facial cream.

My skin hasnt been itchy since last night! YAY!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Last night I was doing OCM, got busy chatting with DH and didnt wash off the oil for almost an hour....after that when I finally wiped away the oil my skin felt SUPER dry and rough(thankfully I dont think I got any spots due to it....though given the state my skin is in right now its hard to distinguish)...and generally when I wash it off in 5-7 minutes it is soft and smooth. I am using jojoba and castor mix in, say, 3:1 ratio.

So may be you could try it for shorter length of time than you normally do....just a thought.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I found using 1:1 of castor oil and olive oil to be a bit drying after the 3-4 night in a row. I just lessened the amount of castor oil (2:1) and my skin feels much better. Too much castor is not good (no matter how oily you may be---trust me). Shock I put too much in when I first tried this.
But I've since stuck with Carekates receipes and I've had great success. I feel wild enough to have tried using olive oil, grapeseed oil, and castor oil (1:1:1) last night and it felt great, but that is the extent of my adventurous side with the DIY skin care. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Another problem I had with the OCM is that the oil didn't want to wash off so I had to wash it off with some Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream.
I still need to experiment a bit more with this method I think Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi deanne123

I agree with you and now I think that the culprit for my ithcy skin might have been too much Castor oil. I tried 25:75 ratio (Castor and Sweet Almond) for 2 days now and my skin hasn't been itchy.

Which one is carekate's recipe? can you post the thread or link?

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Silly question maybe but do you wet your face first before massaging oil into skin? Thanks
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Nope! Just slather away with the oil. I've added in 2 drops ylang ylang and 1 drop lemon EO into my CO, OO, GO (1:1:1). It smells beautiful and I like the results. I also feel good about it after a full day to remove all the makeup. All this information can be found under the DIY thread. Lots of cool information. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Another problem I had with the OCM is that the oil didn't want to wash off so I had to wash it off with some Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream.
I still need to experiment a bit more with this method I think Laughing

Rosebud I do this on lazy days when I can't be bothered with the warm washcloth! I'd just wipe off the oil with tissue paper or clean towel, then to make sure I've wiped off all the oil I'd use my homemade DHCC!

I think I might just do this everyday. Think

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
The other night I was OCMing before I went to sleep. I dropped some of it on the top of my hand.(castor oil and grape seed oil) I rubbed it into my skin and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night scratching the crap out of my hand. Im thinking maybe if you don't rinse it off completly, it might be what is causing it to itch.
gata_salvaje
5% products discount

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:38 am      Reply with quote
try to put honey on your face. honey can kill bacteria and smoothens your face too.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
svunt1 wrote:
Which one is carekate's recipe? can you post the thread or link?

Actually, I don't recall being the one to post the 'recipes' for OCM -- it might've been Mary ("hpjrt") as I know she's a sincere devotee to the wonders of cleansing with oil -- but here's the link to all the other homemade skincare wonders: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=e73d8a2d5b99d6d9af77b83c434d9bf3 I agree with deanne123 that using castor oil "neat" or at too high of a ratio with the other "mixing" oil/s can be too drying even for my oil-slick of a face! Personally, I use (cold-pressed) Castor oil, EVOO, Jojoba and Avocado oil with a couple of drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil mixed in as my personal OCM 'formula'....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Actually, I don't recall being the one to post the 'recipes' for OCM -- it might've been Mary ("hpjrt") as I know she's a sincere devotee to the wonders of cleansing with oil -- but here's the link to all the other homemade skincare wonders:

First time using quotes...hehe. Anywho, I just meant that using your receipes and adding EO to OCM has done wonders for my skin. Whoever did introduce the OCM to the EDS forum has my eternal graditude (hpjrt?) Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
First time using quotes...hehe. Anywho, I just meant that using your receipes and adding EO to OCM has done wonders for my skin. Whoever did introduce the OCM to the EDS forum has my eternal graditude (hpjrt?) Very Happy

I also found OCM on this site.. it's great! Been using it ever since. I usually do straight EVOO though because castor oil tends to dry me out more.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Can you use just EVOO? Do you find that it removes the plugs? With winter here, I've had to reduce the CO more than before (i normally use 1:1:1 CO, Grape Seed Oil, EVOO), but I'm still finding myself drying out. I thought the CO was needed to 'cleanse'. Do you have much success without it? I'd love to know and how long you massage too! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
EVOO will still get the plugs but not as much as the EVOO/CO combo. You'd have to use it a bit longer than if you were using castor oil as well to get the same amount of results. Try using straight EVOO for awhile and see how it works on your skin!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I've dropped the castor oil completely (cause I haven't got round to finding and getting the cold pressed stuff opposed to the kind I got at the chemists which broke me out). Lately I've had a 70/40 of EVOO and apricotkerneloil with a drop of ylangylang and a drop of lavender. Smells nice and feels nice. I've been doing two facial massages after another at night and I would say it loosens my blackheads rather than removes them. Some nights I've used my MDF facial cleanser with glycolicacid afterwards and I've definitley noticed that it works better after an OCM treatment.

Now silly me overdid it (again) and OCMed, squeezed out the softened blackheads and then MDFed, 2 nights in a row - and ended up with a huge painful spot...reminded me a bit of Rudolph (suits the season Laughing ) just on my cheek/chin (what do you call that part of your face) instead of my nose (thankfully).

Silly me thought I saw a little head on my huge red spot last night and squeezed it unmercifully...not a pretty sight today...and it's still painful...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I did OCM method once, my skin was itchy and broke out. I am not sure that OCM caused it though... I will try it again to make sure.
What is the EVOO? I tried to search the site for info on it, but could't find....
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
EVOO is Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |