Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shampoo/Conditioner Reviews Please!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for your shampoo and conditioner reviews. I have been using Dermalogica and it seems to be working ok but I think the shampoo strips and the conditioner is a bit heavy. I have also tried pureology and I am alergic to it...so...I'm curious what you have tried and love.

Thanks!
Olivia
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
One of my favorites is actually Dove Intense Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. Dove leaves my hair feeling clean and smelling great. In fact, I've never had more compliments on how great my hair smells until I started using it. Kind of a weird result but I'll take it! Very Happy
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I will check it out! Does it build up on your hair?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't really notice any buildup. On occasion though I will add a bit of ACV for an extra freshness boost. Let me know if you like it too. It's not a miracle worker but it is nice...and cheap!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
cool. I will let you know after I try it...
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I might try some ACV myself Very Happy
Have just started using TRESamme for fine flat hair I love the smell, not sure whether it delivers yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Dove Intense Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. Not too rich but enough to detangle my hair.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Biolage hydrating shampoo from high-end ones, low-end - Fructis is working for me well, too. I, personally, find that changing shampoos often helps me the most. If I use the same shampoo for a month, my hair is sorta blah... so I switch between several ones (low and high end) every day.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
dolcegal wrote:
I LOVE Biolage hydrating shampoo from high-end ones, low-end - Fructis is working for me well, too. I, personally, find that changing shampoos often helps me the most. If I use the same shampoo for a month, my hair is sorta blah... so I switch between several ones (low and high end) every day.

I agree about the switching up. I also find that changing them about once a month gives my hair a boost. The ACV worked really well as far as making my hair extra clean but still soft. I have naturally curly hair so I was afraid my hair would be super frizzy after using it to sort of strip any buildup, but it worked great!
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
For volume and shine, I am incredibly impressed with Pantene's volumizing shampoo and the volumizing conditioner. White bottle, yellow markings. Great clean smell, too. I don't know about build-up, though, because like other folks, I do tend to alternate shampoos regularly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite line of shampoo is Aubrey Organics. I love the calaguala shampoo for my itchy scalp. The dr h shampoo is really nice, too.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using both Tresemme Vit.E formula and Finesse Moisturing, and both are very good at leaving my wet hair tangle free...also both are drugstore brands so very reasonable price Very Happy

I sometimes use Terax Creama for deep conditioning and am looking to buy Redken All Soft thanks to reviews on MUA.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried so many, among those that I have liked is Redken Allsoft (yes some cheaper brands work as well but unlike those brands these don't cause build ups, IMHO).

However, some time ago I discovered Phytologie's Phytocitrus Shampoo and mask and have been using them eversince. This duo is meant fo coloured and chemically treated hair, but I have found it to be awesome even for just plain dry hair. The mask, in particular, is just amazing, I can't even begin to explain how soft your hair will be after using it. The smell is gorgeous, too, and lingers a long time.

I don't usually have time to wait 10 min for this condish to get to work, so I'd just leave it on overnight and the when I wash it off the next day my hair is soft and really fragrant! On lazy days I also use a teeny bit of this as a leave in, and so far I have only had great results. I use it even on my 4 and 2-yr-olds, and people have commented on how soft and yummy smelling their hair is!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
TERAX !!!!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
We have been using Avalon Organics for the last 6 months or so and it is wonderful and with no nasties in it (no sodium lauryl / laureth sulfate, or other harsh chemicals, no synthetic fragrances or colors, pH balanced, 100% vegetarian ingredients and no animal testing)

The one we use is the tea tree mint.. very invigorating and leaves scalp clean and hair lovely and soft. Even has calmed down my frizzies.

I have also tried their Lavender shampoo and want to try their mango one.. it is just that hubby loves his mint shampoos (and I dont mind them either).. we have to buy by the case imported from US as they dont sell direct in Japan, so it is hard to try a variety of types.
Top of my "wanna try" list is the Lemon Clarifying Shampoo.. it sounds so luscious!!

http://www.avalonorganics.com/?title=Hair+Care
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Avalon Organics too!

Its Great!

For shampoo, I use the tea tree mint one. It really keeps hair healthy.

I use the jojoba conditioner and that really makes everything silky.

Its not too expensive either, and a little goes a long way.

No nasties inside as tim puts it, so go for it! Smile
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Dove and Alberto Vo5
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |