Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone OCMs before IS Clinical?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
girlblue
5% products discount

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I recently started IS Clinical about two weeks ago and noticed that all of my acne blemishes were healing quite rapidly because of it. That being a good thing, I decided I liked IS Clinical.

So then I read about all the fabulous results of OCM. Altho the concept of putting oil on my face went against everything I ever learned, I decided, "What the hell....and if it doesn't work and I end up breaking out, at least my IS Clinical will heal me quickly."

So I tried it tonight. First of all, I didn't realize how messy OCM was. I had my concoction running down my elbows. Is this normal?

Second - HOLY MOLY!!!! You guys didn't exaggerate. Blackheads DO pop out!! I had about 6 or 7!!!

Afterwards, I took a wash cloth doused in ultra warm water to wipe it off. I never quite felt totally removed of the oils.

But went I applied my Active Serum, I noticed there wasn't much of the "cool menthyl action" that usually happens when you apply it. I'm assuming the oils from the OCM created a moisturing buffer.

Question is, do you think this compromises the effects of the IS Clinical?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:54 am      Reply with quote
girlblue wrote:
So I tried it tonight. First of all, I didn't realize how messy OCM was. I had my concoction running down my elbows. Is this normal?

Laughing No it's not. Laughing I store my oil for OCM in a cute pump bottle I bought at the pharmacy. To use, I'd pump halfway to get about a teaspoon of oil in my palm or, if I'm wearing full makeup i.e with foundation and all, all the way down to get about a tablespoon. Then I rub the oil between my palms to warm it up a bit and spread across my face. A tablespoon of oil can be a lot, but it never runs down my elbow! hmm

Re your main question, though, I'm sure someone else will help you answer that; I've never used IS Clinical so I wouldn't know.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I use both but and I haven't noticed that it's creating a barrier for me. However, I think the problem may be a lack of toner. After I clean with OCM, I use my ACV toner or a glycolic toner on a cotton puff and wipe it over my face. At that point I feel that any excess oils left on my face have been removed. Do you use a toner?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I have a Dr Hauschka empty pump bottle so I think I will use that, what a good idea.
I too find that my face feels as though it needs a good wash with the oil cleansing method, I normally wash with Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream afterwards then follow with toner.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi! i am new here, and have a few questions. i am wanting to start the is clinical, but am not sure which serum is best. i have a ton of blackheads and acne. i am 32 , so i am interested in anti-aging too. also, what is ocm and how do you make it?

please excuse all lower cases. i am typing one handed while holding my sleeping baby;)
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome, Quapaw! Very Happy

OCM stands for oil cleansing method ie using oil to cleanse your face. You make it using a combination of castor oil and extra virgin olive oil or some other vegetable oil of preference. The ratio depends on your skin type, oilier skins can tolerate 1:1 of CO and EVOO, while dryer ones would probably do better with only 1 part CO to 3 parts EVOO. This oil mix is fragranced with essential oil(s) that is suited to your skin type. A popular one here is ylang-ylang.

I will let someone else answer your other questions because I don't use IS clinical.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |