Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

oddly shaped head.. looks weird with ponytail
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
i've come to the conclusion that i have an oddly shaped head. i know it sounds weird, but when i put my hair in a ponytail or french braids (any time it's pulled flat against my head), the top of my head disappears. this is really hard to explain, so bear with me! if you were to look straight at me, there's only like an inch-high area between where my hairline starts and the top of my head. maybe my hairline starts too high?

here's a picture.. now don't go posting that all over the internet haha
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/heffa630/myhead.jpg

should i see a plastic surgeon about it? it bothers me a lot because the only hairstyle i look normal with is wearing it down. but then even when it's down, the top of my head still looks non-existent. yes, if i used some volumizer, it would fix the problem when my hair is down, but that doesn't do anything for when it's back. it's like i need a bigger skull or something to compensate for.. well i don't even know because i can't figure it out. all i know is that it looks weird and that i want to fix it.[url][/url][url][/url]
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Great pic! I don't know about the plastic surgery route, but have you ever considered cutting bangs or short layers around your face? I have had several friends with the same problem and they look great in bangs. You could look at celebrity pics and find a hair style that you really like and discuss it with a stylist as well. A great stylist will know exactly how to resolve your concerns. Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Yes I agree with TAMgirl99, I think a good hair style would change your head shape.
But you are a very good looking girl and if I could not see any oddities with your head shape at all, so don't go having surgery because you are beautiful as you are and you have lovely skin.
Maybe hair extensions would be a good option to add volume to your hair.
I too have very thin hair and believe me the right haircut really does make all the difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the world of the "larger" forehead. I've come to tell myself over the years that it signifies my superior intellect! Laughing Further, many folks believe that a larger forehead looks elegant, like a long neck line.

Anyway, you look quite young and are quite pretty. YOU DO NOT NEED PLASTIC SURGERY.

I can say from personal experience that I seemed to "grow into" my forehead by my late 20's. I tried bangs at one point, but grew to resent them and the limitations they pose on hair styles. Ultimately, I just decided to embrace my forehead, and when I wear my hair tied back, I pull out a couple of pieces in the front, like light, "wispy" bangs. I have them specially cut to do this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
You are a beautiful young woman and are obsessing about nothing!! I don't see anything different about your forehead or anything. The hairstyle you have (the same as mine except my hair is a shorter length) shows the forehead more and that is all. You probably look fine with it in a ponytail (you should have posted a pic of that so we could see what you mean) and are just obsessing about nothing.

We women tend to do that.

For years my sister was obssessed that her arms were too thin and bony and hated wearing short sleeved/sleeveless tops. (She is slim but not anorexic by any means.) I got so sick of hearing about it (I thought her arms looked normal and fine) that I finally measured my arms in different spots and also measured hers. They were exactly the same!!!

I don't mean to be obnoxious when I say this but maybe if you think this is a real problem (to the point where you would get surgery for this- can they even do that?) maybe you need counselling instead. My sister and I both tend to have some 'esteem/body image' issues which is why we tend to obsess with something about ourselves that is, in reality, normal.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
i too am blessed with a large brain that my forehead has been forced to adapt to Very Happy

i tried a fringe (i guess that's what you call 'bangs'?) but it all went horribly wrong and i ended up looking like a drowned rat. i am further complicated by the fact that i have really fine hair so it all but disappears when i put it in a ponytail, much like you jamie630!

however, as much as i hated all this in my teens, by my 20s i realised that we're not all the same and that there is no perfect person - we should try and embrace our own diversity!

so now, i get great highlights in my hair, use a volumising shampoo and walk proud! and i do wear my hair in a ponytail, but i don't pull it back really tight so some bits sort of fall out in a kind of tousled way and look great!

hth,

Kiwigirl.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Once again isn't it funny how we always want what we don't have...I have a small forehead, I mean the other day I measured it with my fingers concluding it may be abnormally small, but everyone I know says it matches my face. Anyway, when I was younger I longed for a big forehead..like Tyra Banks's...isn't it funny how we ALWAYS want something else

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Since you're willing to drop a bundle of money on plastic surgery, why not invest in an appointment with the best stylist in town? The right cut and style will fix your problem easily.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:36 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
Since you're willing to drop a bundle of money on plastic surgery, why not invest in an appointment with the best stylist in town? The right cut and style will fix your problem easily.

I agree! Then take another photo and share it here with us, okay.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
shannon078

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi... im at high school and im sick of people laughing and taking the mick out of my head shape..it makes me really upset and hurts my feelings..sometimes i think "whats the point in living" but im not gonna go through that with people just taking the mick.Like today this boy was being nasty and called me alien head then a girl behind me was making shapes with her hands. you see my head isnt ordinary and i want it normal Crying or Very sad i feel like a freak Crying or Very sad any help?
From
Weird headed freak Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shannon

How about reading some of the suggestions above to start with. Then try confronting the kids at school who are bullying you about their behaviour. If you COULD surgically fix the shape of your skull (which you can't anyway), then they would just find something else like your hair colour, shape of eyes, dad's job etc.

They are bullies and THEY are the ones with the problem, not you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jamie ...

You're a very pretty girl! I'm throwing my vote in with the rest ... I'd change your part and/or try some bangs. As someone else said, if you're willing to spend the $$$ on plastic surgery then you've got it to spend on an excellent stylist!

Let us know about your new style!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

They are bullies and THEY are the ones with the problem, not you!

Yup, yup, yup.

When we try and "bully proof" our kids at school we tell them to practice their words in front of a mirror. (Actually, I let them practice with me.) The illusion of NOT CARING is key. One they know you care they're all over you (or anyone!) That's how bullies pick their target.

I was not a "cool" high school student but one day I looked HARD at those who were. Know what? They weren't any smarter, prettier, or clever. I was. They just acted like it.

Note to self: act the way you want to feel and the feelings usually follow along eventually.

(LOL ... you should HEAR the conversations I have with myself!!!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
My sister always says the same thing-- that she has a "funny shaped head." I always tell her she is worrying about nothing, but I know that is not what either one of you want to hear (even though it is the truth).

My suggestion would be to go with some shorter layers in the front that can be swept to the side when you pull your hair back in a ponytail. The link below shows Cameron Diaz with a similar style. I would maybe make the layers a bit longer and the style sleeker, but I think you can get the main idea from this picture.

http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/2003/camerondiaz.html
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
just so following posters know, The pic in the first link is years old and not of Shannon078

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Shannon, do you have any good hairstylists in your area? Myabe go to one and ask them what they suggest, or even go sit in their shop and look through all the hair magazines they usually have out. But the stylist can probably recommend a good style for your shape of head, and maybe a new colour. If you choose a style that hides what you don't like, then you won't even notice the shape of your head.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
just so following posters know, The pic in the first link is years old and not of Shannon078

Shannon, I think it'd be helpful if you'd start a new thread since this thread is old and the original poster posted a link to her picture. I thought you were the original poster, and almost responded based on that picture.

I know what you and the original poster mean though. I don't look good with a ponytail either. I have a flat head!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I thought I had a funny shaped head for years. All it took was a few pumps of hair mousse and a blow dryer to fix my "problem." And PLEASE don't do anything in response to bullies, like pps said it's their problem not yours. Only take action if it bothers you.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, you have a cute head! Very Happy And a cute face.

My ex-sister-in-law had a funny-shaped head. When she wore a ponytail, even her mom said she looked like a "skinned rabbit." Believe me, you have nothing to worry about.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
shannon078

Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Hiya agen thanks for the replys...

But what hairrstyle shall i have for my head i will put in a picture later on..How do you attach photos? if i put in a picture dont save it or enything or send it to everyone Sad
i came back on here cos someone else has sed i have a weird head..i know i have...its like i make friends with someone then they say i have a weird head... its really unfair i want plastic surgury real bad but its alot of money and i bet that you cant enyway... any ideas? to make my head look smaller cos its all discusting long and thin...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |