Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help for Saggy Neck, Jawline
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
May561

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I am 44, not wrinkly, always had oily skin, still break out in lower cheek area, but getting dark circles and lines under and around eyes. My Horrible neck looks like elephant skin, some call it chicken looking. Are there any products short of surgery that help??
Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sherrie and Welcome Exclamation

I would also like to some input on this subject. I'm a few years younger than you and my neck lines are very evident (too me anyways) and I have the turkey gobble going on as well. Crying or Very sad I've heard/read that Janson Becketts Alpha Derma CE has helped many with some firming and tightening of the skin. I personally have yet to try it, but hope to soon (sample pack on Xmas wish list). Very Happy Try doing a board search if your interested. Gatineau makes a type of firming neck gel (forget the name). I have tried this but had a reaction of some sort (itchiness,redness), but many like this product too. Unfortunately from what I've read there really no product that will permanently tighten/lift skin. The loss of elasticity comes from many reasons and short of surgery most products just don't cut it. Of course using some of them from a preventative stand point would help. Retin A and the like do help build collagen and also help with fine lines. Good luck and please let us know if you try a particular product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I thought Winnie had said her regular use of AlphaDerma helped her neck tremendously. Do a search and you might find old info about that.

I use C+ Firming serum and sunscreen each day on my neck and Retin-A at night. I also liked using Kinerase on it at one point. I think it is necessary to use the sunscreen there or it doesn't matter what you do, the sun will just keep on aging that skin and helping it to lose its connective tissue/collagen layer. C and Retin-A will help to thicken the skin and restore some collagen.

That's what has worked for me anyhow. Smile
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I do remember Winnie stating how much AlphaDerma has helped her neck. Very Happy This is one of the main reasons I want to try the sample pack. Very Happy

What I was trying to say is that if facial skin or rather loss of elasticity along the jaw line and neck area is severe or fairly diminished, really no topical product will work to help strengthn those fibers to their original firm state. Some affect naturally will occur, but for the skin to "bounce" back from a topical vs. a surgical procedure is not going to occur. I hope I'm making sense. Confused

Preventing any worsening is the name of the game for me right now and also rebuilding collagen fibers (to the best it can be done) through proven topicals like Vit. C and Retin A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
AlphaDerma certainly helped my neck look firmer and much younger. However, if the skin on your neck is extremely loose and the contours of your jaw line are gone I agree that no topical is going to resolve that issue. While using AlphaDerma I also did facial exercises (need to get back to that). The best and easiest facial exercises for me is a device called the Facial Flex. You place the Facial Flex in your mouth and kind of smile and release. I found that when using it my jaw line was nice and defined. Since I have stopped my jaw line does not look as good. The little device is so easy to use as you can do it anywhere (cleaning house, driving, on computer).

I would not let a day go by without using Vit C and a sunscreen.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie~
Just curious what type of Vit. C and Sunscreen you use? I've been using IS Clinical Super Serum and previous to that Skinceuticals Serum 20 and really have seen no raving changes. It's abit frustrating to see minimal to no results Exclamation Mad

Thanks Smile

Edited to add the Facial Flex sounds, well, umm..unique! I'd give it a whirl--is it expensive and where do you buy it? Txs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
[quote="Lifeplyr01"]Winnie~
Just curious what type of Vit. C and Sunscreen you use? I've been using IS Clinical Super Serum and previous to that Skinceuticals Serum 20 and really have seen no raving changes. It's abit frustrating to see minimal to no results Exclamation Mad

Thanks Smile

I purchased Facial Flex from QVC. I believe it was around $30.00. They give you two different packages of resistance bands. Once purchased it will last a long time. I have had mine close to one year. Do a search for Facial Flex and you will find other sites that carry it. The directions are clear so I do not believe you need to pay extra for a video.

At present I am using Janson Becketts C&C. I also buy quite a bit of product from Pure Skin Formulations. I have sampled their VitC and quite like it. They are coming out with a 20% C and looking forward to trying that. I also use their SPF.

You say you notice no difference using a C serum. IMO it is a preventative also. Down the road if you didn't use a C Serum your face and neck would show it. With C's you just have to make sure you get one that is suitable for your skin type. For example CelexC is too drying for me while CellularSkinRX is too moisturizing.

The C Serums you are using having excellent reputations. I note from your profile you are 39. Well, I am the MATURE woman on the forum Embarassed and I must say that my skin is in excellent condition. Sometimes the results of using suncreens, C's are not seen until years down the road. I see woman my age with skin like leather from sun exposure.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Winnie~

Yes this is why I continue to use Vit. C, even though I dont' really see any changes in my skin tone or texture. I keep telling myself that this is for preventative measures. Thank you for reminding me. Very Happy Sometimes I get so blue when I look in the mirror. Hopefully down the road I can say thank goodness I took care of my skin. Smile

P.S. The BIG 40 is in a few weeks. Shock
Wasn't I just 20 a few years ago? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Oh I gotta look at the Facial Flex thing on QVC-it really sounds like a hoot Exclamation

Did you really see much improvement when you used it??

Thanks.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
The Facial Flex from QVC really does work for firming up the jaw and neck. It does zip for the upper part of the face, which I totally understand. But I use it for my neck and jaw line and it's the only thing that really works. Of course, I also use Retin A, Vit. C/E serum and a photostable sunscreen. But if you really want to see some good result with firming up that area, the Facial Flex works.

Egccrn
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to check into the facial flex. I'm not doing any kind of facial exercises, but I am using a couple of the products mentioned above. Sagging jaw line and wrinkles are the top two on my list of skin care concerns. Vitamin C serum and AlphaDerma have noticeably improved firmness in my skin. I recently incorporated retin-A (renova) in my routine, hoping for additional firmness and a decrease in the fine lines I have developing in the lower part of my face--dreaded smile/laugh lines, and these vertical lines forming from what used to be dimples when I smiled. I think the Vit. C and AlphaDerma combo is helping.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just went to QVC to have a look at the facial flex. How do you use this apparatus? Does any part of it go into your mouth? For those of you who currently use it or in the past, do you think it would be ok for me to use if I have TMJ?? Thinking about putting it on my Xmas/Bday wish list. Smile

Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
I just went to QVC to have a look at the facial flex. How do you use this apparatus? Does any part of it go into your mouth? For those of you who currently use it or in the past, do you think it would be ok for me to use if I have TMJ?? Thinking about putting it on my Xmas/Bday wish list. Smile

Thanks!!

I have TMJ also. The Facial Flex is gentle on the joint. You do put it in your mouth and flex using more of a smile motion rather then opening and closing your mouth. In the past I did some other forms of facial exercise and really had a bad TMJ flare up. No problems with the Facial Flex.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have TMJ also. The Facial Flex is gentle on the joint. You do put it in your mouth and flex using more of a smile motion rather then opening and closing your mouth. In the past I did some other forms of facial exercise and really had a bad TMJ flare up. No problems with the Facial Flex.

Oh! Great! I have horrible TMJ and have been trying to find a way to do facial exercises. I'll have to add this to my Christmas list!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Yeah for us TMJ'ers Very Happy Shock --ok so that sounded odd Confused

It's on my Xmas list now too!! Yippee, I'm excited to know this may help with the small bit of sagginess I have! Very Happy

Thanks Winnie Exclamation Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Could anybody recommend a cream that would be suitable for my neck? I am starting to show the first signs of aging (a few wrinkles and a bit saggy!!). Would a vit c ream be suitable and which one would be the best?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion, necks are just another bit of face, although a somewhat more delicate patch of skin. So I just use what I use on the rest of my face on my neck, though I am sparing with my retinoid to avoid irritation.

As for sagging, I suspect that only facial exercises will make a difference. There are several extensive threads here on exercises inclusing Flex Effect and Ageless If You Dare.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I second you about the exercises. Love it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |