Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
MURAD ACNE COMPLEX???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JoyMC

Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
hello. i'm new here.

i am wondering if anyone has experience with the Murad Acne Complex, a trio of Murad products currently being shown together as an infomercial with a "90% success rate."

i had terrible acne for about ten years, then started a combination of Jan Marini and Karin Herzog products and my skin cleared up beautifully for about three years. but lately it's gone all to hell again. i saw this infomercial today and was curious. i tend to be wary of infomercials, but in my last EDS order, i received some Murad samples and really liked them.

so, testimonials anyone? thanks.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi JoyMC,

My advice is: If it works for you -- stick with it. I have used Proactiv Solution for the past 10 years or so and it's the only thing that will work with my skin (for acne anyways). I tried Murad a while ago because I saw an informercial and was intrigued at all the hype about it. It's actually about $20 more than Proactiv but I love skin care products so I took the plunge. The acne complex really dried out and burned my skin. My aesthetician actually asked whether I had put fire to my skin because it looked that bad -- very red and the skin was flaking off -- kind of like a bad sunburn, I suppose. In any case, I haven't touched Murad ever since then -- which has been good for me since Proactiv is more economical and actually works for my skin.

That being said, Murad is a great product and works for a LOT of people. I think I might be the anomaly. If it works for you, definitely stick with it. Products react differently with each person, and my post is definitely not trying to persuade you not to use Murad -- I'm merely advising that: if it works for you, it doesn't matter what other people say.

I'd definitely go ahead and buy the Murad products and see how your skin reacts over time Smile

Hope this helped,
Lisa
junni

Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:05 am      Reply with quote
hello, it junni. age 26 female, use herbal soap,
i had acne problem esspicaily pimples since teenage. and no treatment was their to cure it for long.
then i was recmended by a friend to use facefriend herbal soap, available here at local supper stores
in lahore, pakistan. I am using it my acne is been away. I dont know if it is available in other countries to.
as to my knowledge it is a local brand.

I would recmend using a herbal soap instead of using other things like pills and creams. because a soap you can
use regauly without having a sense that you are using medicines.

Smile
khivey

Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I just ordered the acne complex kit a week and a half ago and have been using it for a week and a half now..I will update you on it's affects in about another 2 weeks.
I have used Proactiv and that only worked for 1 year and a half and I've used prescription drugs for my oily acne prone skin. So I'll keep you posted...but I assure you, nothing will last for very long

khivey
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there!

Welcome to the forum Khivey! I hope that the Murad complex works for you and we're all waiting for your review on it Smile (fingers crossed for you)

Sorry that Proactiv didn't last too long for you. On the other hand, I've been using Proactiv for nearly 7 years now and it's always worked for me. I've tried to not use it for weeks at a time (just to see if I've "outgrown" my acne) but no can do. I guess the best thing is to find something that works for your skin and stick with it (until it stops working, I suppose).

Can't wait for your update!
Lisa
khivey

Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:05 am      Reply with quote
The Murad is working for me, its' just taking its time. It broke me out first just minor, tiny little red bumps around my eyes and my temples for the first 2 1/2 weeks. Now the red bumps are gone and I incorporated (thanks to chunlisa) the Dermalogica Daily Microexfoliant into the kit for using after the cleanser. I only have two small bumps on my face. Now I need to get the blemishes to fade faster from previous breakouts. Hopefully the Dermalogica will help speed up the process. I've noticed my face is smoother and softer and my pores are smaller:) I'll update you in another two weeks it has only been 3 weeks since I've been using it so hopefully by 4th,5th week my spots should be on fade mode and no more bumps! We'll see!! Just have to be patient and yes it isn't for everyone b/c it shouldn't do what Chunlisa said it did to her. It should only slightly break you out first. Hope this helps
acnesucks
5% products discount

Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I ORDERED MURADS THREE-STEP ACNE COMPLEX AND AFTER A WEEK, MY FACE BECAME VERY RED AND INFLAMED AND I LOOKED LIKE I WAS A BEAST. DONT WASTE $50.00 ON THAT CRAP BECAUSE ALL IT WILL GIVE YOU IS GRIEF AND MORE ACNE BREAKOUTS. TRY TETRACYCLINE??!!? ACNE CONFOUNDS ME
Mabsy

Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Um, you've got caps lock on hun! No need really Smile

I would not be recommending tetracycline to anyone at all! It may (perhaps) improve your acne but it is also WELL known for causing PERMANENT teeth staining. Hopefully there are other alternatives than tetracycline.

Unfortunately, finding an acne 'cure' is a bit of trial and error. Therefore what works for one person may not work for another. You also may have to endure a bit of time when your skin seems to get worse before it gets better. Either way, that does not make the products crap - it just means that they were not suitable for you.

All the best in finding a product that works well for you,
Mabsy
acnesucks
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:44 am      Reply with quote
ONCE AGAIN, MURAD'S ACNE COMPLEX IS LIKE FLUSHING YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN. I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. NEED I SAY MORE. IF YOU WANT TO GAMBLE $50 THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD. YOU ARE RIGHT, TETRACYCLINE SUCKS TOO AND SO DOES MURADS AND PROACTIV. THOSE PRODUCTS ARE FOR WOMEN WHO GET ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE ABOUT ONE LITTLE TEENY WEENY BLEMISH. PEOPLE THAT HAVE SERIOUS AND REAL ACNE PRODUCTS NEED NOT WASTE THEIR TIME WITH MURADS. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST GO AHEAD AND BUY IT, THEN WHEN IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS, SAY, "i WISH I WOULD HAVE TAKEN HIS ADVISE."

HAVE A GOOD DAY!
acnesucks
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:45 am      Reply with quote
ONCE AGAIN, MURAD'S ACNE COMPLEX IS LIKE FLUSHING YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN. I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. NEED I SAY MORE. IF YOU WANT TO GAMBLE $50 THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD. YOU ARE RIGHT, TETRACYCLINE SUCKS TOO AND SO DOES MURADS AND PROACTIV. THOSE PRODUCTS ARE FOR WOMEN WHO GET ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE ABOUT ONE LITTLE TEENY WEENY BLEMISH. PEOPLE THAT HAVE SERIOUS AND REAL ACNE PROBLEMS NEED NOT WASTE THEIR TIME WITH MURADS. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST GO AHEAD AND BUY IT, THEN WHEN IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS, SAY, "i WISH I WOULD HAVE TAKEN HIS ADVISE."

HAVE A GOOD DAY!
khivey

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you are a bit angry over there acnesucks. Sorry to hear that.

Anyways, I stopped using the Murad, in fact, I stopped using all chemicals, topicals and prescriptions.. I went all natural and the results have been rewarding Very Happy
I use a naturally made soap (black soap) and the Dermalogica exfoliator and 100% pure unrefined shea butter as a moisturizer. I need to get me a good Spf moisturizer for the daytime. I also drink lots of water which has cut down on my oiliness and changed my eating habits. I eat more fish, veggies, fruit and chicken. It is a process, but it is working and I'm not damaging my body nor my skin w/all that junk the doctors sell you to make a buck. Good luck to all of you and I pray everyone finds a regimen that works for them. I found that the secret to great skin is to care for it. YOu can't expect to use something and have it do all the work. You have to work for it if you want it. Cool
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |