Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dr. Brandt vs Freeze 24/7 Opinions Pls.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Ok with December around the corner and a few Xmas parties to attend I'd like to try and look my best. Smile I have the infamous 11 lines between my brows and am looking for a quick fix. Botox isn't in the budget, so I am thinking of trying Dr. Brandt's Crease Release or Freeze 24/7. Does anyone have any feedback between the products?? They're both costly so I want to get the most bang for my buck Exclamation If any of you can suggest something in place of these 2 products I would be open to that as well.

Many thanks to all who respond, I really need some help with this. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I get Botox about 3 times per year only in my crows feet area, but I had been searching for something for the very minor "eleven" and a couple of wimpy horizontal lines on my forehead. While shopping at a CVS Pharmacy store yesterday, I noticed a knock-off of Freeze 24/7 called "Iced Anti-Wrinkle Cream". The container looks exactly like the Freeze 24/7 container only white instead of teal. The price was $29.99 USD for 1 oz.

I forgot to even get it out of my purse this morning to use, but you just made me remember it, so I just now got it out to test it. I've heard the trick to using this kind of product is not using too much. I've been told to dab some on your fingers and then rub together to emulsify, then "dab" it on the areas you want treated. I just dabbed it on my "||" and I can definitely feel something working, so I can't wait to try it the correct way. Also, someone told me that if you dab it on your upper eyelids, it lifts them (temporarily of course). Can't wait to try that too!

Hopefully I'll remember to try it tomorrow without makeup and get back to you.

Here's a link if you want to check it out:

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=298974&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?ActiveCat=499
-Cheri

P.S. Mine came in a metallic silver box instead of the red that is shown in the link.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Those Dr. B products are so expensive! Better to just look for a product that contains either acetyl hexapeptide or another amino-peptide like Vialox to relax muscles and give your skin a flatter, less creased look. There are tons of them around. Make sure that whatever you choose has at least a 10% acetyl hexapeptide concentration (if you go the AH route). Personally, I use the Relax-A-Line and Relax Plus with Vialox products and like them very much. (cellularskinrx.com or here at EDS). Browtox has also been mentioned here as a good wrinkle relaxer. It is like the Vialox product I believe.

Don't forget to exfoliate regularly (papaya enzayme peels/lactic acid peels) to get a nice glow and drink lots of water to keep your skin looking nice and hydrated. Smile
bethers
5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I also found a Freeze 24/7 alternative at the drugstore. I posted a review about it a week or two ago. It is called Wrinkle-Eese and costs $19.99 and it works. I get Botox on my 11's and I use the Wrinkle-Eeze on the horizontal lines(until I can justify adding another $300 to my botox bill). I have two that are fairly deep and it plumps them up and keeps that area relatively motionless. Not as good as the injectables, but a good inexpensive alternative. I actually like it better than Freeze, regardless of the price.I do have to reaply around 4pm if I want the effect to last late into the evening though.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Cheri,
Thanks for the link at CVS, I don't have a store near me so this will come in handy. In fact I think I am going to try this product first (love how cheap it is) Exclamation Pls. keep me posted on your results. I figured if it doesn't work I can always return it. Smile

Betterat40,
Thank you as well. Many times I have been tempted to try the CellularSkin products. Your suggestions will be next in line. If I remember correctly I can order samples too. I do exfoliate regularily, either a scrub, lactic acid peel or enzyme. I know you have had much success with CellularSkin, this is so positive. Very Happy

Bethers,
Do you know what drugstore you saw the product you reommended? I have tried a "knockoff", I believe it was called DermaFreeze, not sure though, found it at Eckerds. I didn't find that it did anything other than make me itch. Embarassed I appreciate your help.

I'm very tempted to purchase the Freeze 24/7 from Sephora due to their 20% sale. In fact I'll be making a purchase today for some other things. Hold me back gals til I try the cheaper products that you all suggested!! Smile Unless of course the boyfriend buys it for me for my upcoming birthday. hehehe Wink

Thanks again!
Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethers wrote:
I also found a Freeze 24/7 alternative at the drugstore. I posted a review about it a week or two ago. It is called Wrinkle-Eese and costs $19.99 and it works. I get Botox on my 11's and I use the Wrinkle-Eeze on the horizontal lines(until I can justify adding another $300 to my botox bill). I have two that are fairly deep and it plumps them up and keeps that area relatively motionless. Not as good as the injectables, but a good inexpensive alternative. I actually like it better than Freeze, regardless of the price.I do have to reaply around 4pm if I want the effect to last late into the evening though.

I agree with bethers. If you want to make those deeper lines and wrinkles far less noticable the Wrinkle Eese your find a local drug store seems to do a nice job. There also is another product I bought at CVS several months ago for 40.00. Same idea as Freeze 24/7. Several woman on the forum tried it and found it worked. Sorry I forgot the name but will let you know when I remember. Embarassed These products seems to stop frowning more than products containing just Argireline. Personally, I would not use them on a daily basis. Gail Haymans Youth Dew is a lovely product you put on your whole face. It is a nice makeup base and firms the skin for a good six hours. Also, Pure Luxe Eraser is an awesome product. You pat it on lines and wrinkles. It is not a firming product but gives the elusion of the lines filled in (it is a cosmetic). Right now I am using Youth Dew and PureLuxe Eraser when I want to look extra special. I use AlphaDerma daily as a treatment and preventative but the above products to conceals the deeper lines. I did receive the Free DermaExcel. While it was effective the price is too high for me.

For those upcoming parties I highly recommend Pure Luxe Eraser.

http://www.pureluxecosmetics.com/images/ebay_eraser.jpg

" Have you ever wished for a "magical" product that would erase large pores, "experience" lines (I like to call wrinkles experience lines!) and leave your skin feeling like silk! WISH NO MORE! After months of formulating, I have captured magic in a jar! This gel/cream base acts like a soft-focus diffuser. Think of "Glamour Shots" in a jar! ERASER will soften the look of lines, large pores, and produce an all-over effect of perfect skin. This product applies like a creamy gel, then instantly dries to a soft, silky powder. You have never felt anything so luxurious! I promise, one try, and you WILL be hooked! Lightly shaded."
bethers
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01-I found the Wrinkle-Eez at a Sav-On drugstore. I would give one of the drugstore brands a try before dropping $100.00 or more on the same type of product. Think of all the other great skincare you could buy then!

Winnie-I'm happy to hear about your experience with Pure Luxe. It sounded too good to be true but I may try it now.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie...

The stuff you had mentioned finding at the drugstore was DermaFreeze 365. I don't need a product like that yet, but I told my older sister about it and she LOVES it. She gets botox injections every 4 or 5 months to deal with the \/ between her eyebrows but she's been using this stuff and says that it works wonderfully and extends the time between her botox injections. She also pats it on a couple of other areas too - she thinks its awesome stuff and it's very reasonably priced.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:45 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Winnie...

The stuff you had mentioned finding at the drugstore was DermaFreeze 365. I don't need a product like that yet, but I told my older sister about it and she LOVES it. She gets botox injections every 4 or 5 months to deal with the \/ between her eyebrows but she's been using this stuff and says that it works wonderfully and extends the time between her botox injections. She also pats it on a couple of other areas too - she thinks its awesome stuff and it's very reasonably priced.

Thanks Katee Very Happy Yes, I did try the DermaFreeze and it really did work. If you get it at a CVS you have a month to return it if not satisfied.

bethers:

Do a search here on EDS for the Pure Luxe Eraser. IMO it is the best way to go to soften crows feet, expression lines. Pure Luxe has a good reputation. I do believe you can buy samples from PL.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
The Freeze 24/7 eye cream didn't do anything for me at all. Definitely better, I agree, to try that cheaper product.

Best of luck and hope it works for you! Very Happy
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Well I had tried the DermaFreeze 365 in the past and it didn't really help much. Sad I know others have had good luck though, so it's good to try due to the savings. I managed to find a CVS store about an hour away from me. I will be heading up that way early next week, so I will purhase the product Cheri recommended "Iced". I called and they have the product in stock. Hopefully it will help.

Bethers-
We don't have the store you mentioned anywhere around. Do you have a link? Knowing me I'll get frustrated with trying to find a product and just give up. Skincare can be SOO exhausting! Mad

Winnie~
Thanks for the additional rec's. I am gonna look at those links today.

Has anyone tried Freeze 24/7 or Dr. Brandt? Dr Brandt gets good reviews over on MUA. Thanks again everyone. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
Well I had tried the DermaFreeze 365 in the past and it didn't really help much. Sad I know others have had good luck though, so it's good to try due to the savings. I managed to find a CVS store about an hour away from me. I will be heading up that way early next week, so I will purhase the product Cheri recommended "Iced". I called and they have the product in stock. Hopefully it will help.

Bethers-
We don't have the store you mentioned anywhere around. Do you have a link? Knowing me I'll get frustrated with trying to find a product and just give up. Skincare can be SOO exhausting! Mad

Winnie~
Thanks for the additional rec's. I am gonna look at those links today.

Has anyone tried Freeze 24/7 or Dr. Brandt? Dr Brandt gets good reviews over on MUA. Thanks again everyone. Smile

Sorry I wasn't able to try the "Iced" and get back with you. We woke up yesterday morning to the refrigerator leaking all over the kitchen floor so we've been dealing with that. Good thing it was this week instead of next week though as we were planning to have the ceramic tile removed and replaced with wood.

I'll try to used the "Iced" today and get back to you.

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Well after applying "Iced" anti wrinkle cream earlier, I don't think I like it. While it did seem to soften the lines a teeny tiny bit, I don't know any other way to describe it other than it almost feels like I have clear matte nail polish on my face. It wasn't quite as hardening as the nail polish would be, but you get the picture. The areas I tried it on was my "eleven" and a couple of minor lines on my forehead. It's very drying as well. It is just very uncomfortable to wear in my opinion. I had such high hopes for this too.

In the event that I used to much, I will try to use less tomorrow and see how it goes.

-Cheri
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Cheri~

Oh gosh what a way to wake up..with water!! Mad
Like you said though, good thing it was this week and not next. I do hope you got the leak fixed, I know what that can be like.

Darn about the "Iced", maybe another try or two and you may see a difference. I'm still gonna get the product--tomorrow in fact. I figure it's worth a shot, especially seeing that is way cheaper than Freeze and Dr. Brandt Smile I can always return it. In fact we will again be up that way this coming weekend--gonna shop at the outlet malls!! So the travel will work out well. Let me know if you experience any difference on you try it again. Thanks Exclamation

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I managed to get to the nearest CVS store(about an hour away) and purchased "Iced" and also a sample of "Skin Effects". The skin effects is the same basic premise as Freeze and Iced and the others. I was so excited to try my new Iced purchase I could hardly wait to get home Exclamation I've never used any product before that "relaxes" the muscles/skin and was/am in need of something til I cave and do botox. Well ladies, the product sucked, I mean it didn't much of anything but feel alittle tacky, kinda like I had glue on my 11 lines. Confused(which would be ok IF IT WORKED!) Needless to say I was very disappointed, although I guess I was trying not to get my hopes up. So back it went to CVS yesterday when we traveled again. Mad Skin Effects was basically the same on my skin, but for $2.99 (sample) I thought I would just keep it. So here I am still in this darn dilemma, and think I will give up for now. Freeze and Dr. Brandt are too $$$$ for me to risk it. Alpha Derma trial pack is on my Xmas wish list, so maybe I'll just see if that works/helps! Thanks again for all of your opinions and please let me know if any of you comes across something that works Exclamation Smile

Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry it didn't work for you either. I'll be returning mine this week for a refund. I know Botox isn't in your budget right now, but if you can ever find the extra money, it's your answer!

-Cheri
bethers
5% products discount

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01-
I have about 1/2 of my Sephora sample of Freeze 24/7 left. (very small amount, but enough to try it for a few days) If you'd like I'll send it to you. Be prepared to be underwhelmed!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Underwhelmed?? LOL Does that mean it sucks too??

Thanks for the offer, but if you didn't like it chances are I won't either. Shock
Very kind of you. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie....Which do you like better - Wrinkle Eeze or the Derma Freeze 365?

Sorry to ask this but what is everybody talking about when they write "11" Actually it look's just like 2 lines but I couldn't find it on my keyboard.

Thank you
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:29 am      Reply with quote
porkchop - You know the 2 vertical lines that eventually form on your forehead above the top of your nose and between your eyebrows? Those are "11"s. Simply because they resemble that number. Very Happy
bethers
5% products discount

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Porkchop-I don't think Winnie has tried the Wrinkle Eez, and I have not tried the DermaFreeze so I can't comment on that one. The Freeze 24/7 has a waxy texture that I did not like and I could not put anything over it. I also noticed no change in my ability to move my forehead. I have heard it works for some though. For me, Wrinkle Eez from the drugstore is the best yet. But honestly, like Phredd4 said, Botox is really the way to go. It flattens out the wrinkles like you would not believe! When I think of the money I spent on lotions and potions trying to get rid of the !!'s, and compare it to botox, there was not much difference in price.
The "11's" are the two lines that form just on top of your nose between your eyes when you scowl or worry. Some people only get one line.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well what do you know.....11 is my number too.
I think I will try some of that Wrinkle Eeze. I'm not brave enough to try botox yet. Shock
socalgirl
5% products discount

Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm two new ones mentioned here (DermaFreeze and Wrinkle Eez) that I'll have to try when I go to SavOn today!! No one mentioned results of Dr. Brandt, has anyone tried that?

Here are my not so great experiences with trying to get rid of my 11's, forehead lines and crows feet. Still looking for something I like... FYI I'm 34 and they are barely noticable but I want to start freezing them now before they get worse!

Freeze 24/7: I got a generous sample of this at Sephora (they put it into a little tub for me) when I last went on a spree there. It is kind of like spackle, dry paste that dries and constricts your skin. If you don't move, it kind of looks smoother, but if you move its like dried out skin and after a week I felt like it was making my wrinkles worse! Not recommended.

Avon's Decrease: initially I liked this product, I think I reviewed it on here. But though it has a temporary plumping effect, I don't find it has any long term reduction of wrinkles or freezing qualities, which is my goal.

Murad Essential C: my best results have been with a few from this line, especially the renewing treatment, and the day moisture (eye cream is ok, like that it has 15 spf but it stings if you get it too close to your eyes, don't like the night moisture or cleanser at all). Diminished wrinkles around my eyes, skin glows, but not strong enough for 11s.

Kinerase: love using this in the winter months when my skin is drier, really noticed a difference on my crows feet when I first started using, but also no effect on 11s.

Botox: Three BIG reasons I will never EVER use it again. Yes, it temporarily (3 months) erased 11s and forhead lines. I was too scared to try it on my crows feet, even though it was only $99 per area in Beverly Hils. However.... #1 in relaxing the muscles in my forehead, it made my eyes look hooded and my eyelids look crepey! Like someone had pulled the skin down towards my eyes. Awful. And honestly, I don't think my eyes have ever recovered. That alone would make me never do it again, but then there is #2. I got the "flu-like symptoms" side effect, about a month of a congested nose & sore throat. #3 Afterwards, I found out they test each batch of Botox on live mice, dosing them to toxic levels, which paralyzes their lungs until they die, a completely outdated test which animal welfare groups are protesting to get outlawed (and which is outlawed in Europe already).

Here's the link about the testing http://www.hsus.org/animals_in_research/animal_testing/the_beauty_myth_botox_kills_animals/
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
my mom is having the best success with BrowTox from Psfskincare ... she swears it's the best wrinkle relaxer she has used and she has used a lot, including some of those mentioned in this thread here. It isn't like Botox but she can definitely see a difference and i can also tell her wrinkles are the most softened they've ever been in many years.
porkchop
5% products discount

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody tried Sta-Tight? I saw an advertisement this weekend in the coupon section of the Sunday newspaper.

It is suppose to be the doctor's botox alternative??????
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |