Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jurlique opinions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Other than the Herbal Recoverg Gel & Calendula Cream. what do you think of the line in general. I have samples of the above and seem to like them , Thinking about getting the foaming cleanser/& cleasing cream.

skin: combo/normal/sensitive (depending on the day) 46yr old red hair. Can't use to much oily products or I break out. Thanks
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jurlique's Face Wash Cream and Deep penetrating Cream Mask. The face wash cream is just as effective as Dr H CC but gentler. The Mask smells divine and brightens my skin very well. I think there was a review a while ago.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Oh I think I'm going to have to try something of Jurlique's soon, I imagine the scent to be similar to Decloer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Well as usual got up today and my face is red and full of blotches. Can't figure out if its the foaming cleanser, Herbal Recovery Gel, Cleansing cream or Day Face Cream or the Rosewater Spray. So now Iam so upset-I might be going back to my beloved Yonka. But the Herbal Recovery Gel is really nice. HELP Sad Sad
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Reintroduce the products one at a time, one a week and you'll soon discover the culprit. Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
is this line good for break-outs?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I can't say because my skin is rejecting something that iam using.
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
mine did the same. i think mostly is was the rosewater, but in the end i couldn't use the facewash every day either. the herbal recovery gel, calendula cream and moor mask were the only things i could use in the end. i think i almost bought everything in their range.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Rosewater Toner, The cleansing lotion and ACH in Lavender and the Ultra Sensitive Moisterizer for day and Herbal Gel. I can only use the Cleansing Cream 1 - 2 x week and I use the Moor mask mixed w/comfort mask 1x week and this seems to be working
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Have you stopped using the foaming facial cleanser? That could be the culprit for blotches. I've only just started using that one and my face was a bit pink afterwards and normally I'm fine with new products. The foaming cleanser is full of lavender and tea tree and sometimes lavender can bring you out in blotches.

As to the range, I love, love, love it!!

I try to use chemical free products as I personally believe that the amount of chemicals that we put into our body can cause cancers.

I tried the face wash cream first, it's similar to the Dr H stuff but doesn't smell like beer like Dr H does, which is great IMO. I have certainly noticed a difference, if you use it continually it's fab on clearing the skin and getting rid of blackheads and it's gentle too.

The cleansing lotion is lovely too, it even takes off waterproof mascara, although you might have to cleanse twice.

The Day care face lotion (moisturiser) is another great item, not greasy so great to apply makeup straight afterwards.

I do find the day care face cream too oily, it sits on the skin with a sheen so is not great to apply makeup afterwards, I use that one at night instead now.

The Moor Purifying Mask is like a clay mask that you add a little water too, it really seems to suck out all the impurities and is great for getting rid of blackheads.

The Herbal Recovery Gel and Eye Gel are a similar consistency and for a gel I find them a little too thin, I can't say I've noticed any difference to my skin from using those two items. The facial spritz is fab to use on a flight or to set your makeup or give you a wakeup boost during the day.

On the whole I love the range, it's a bit pricey and the glass bottles can be a pain if you want to take them away on holiday BUT they seem to last a long time and my skin looks tons better now than it did before I tried the range 6 months ago.

I recommend it and the REN range if you want to try something skin friendly.

Sarah Smile
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:38 am      Reply with quote
you are right as soon as I stopped using the Cleansing "Gel" and used the lotion the redness stopped and I do not use the Cleansing Cream every day only 1-2 x week as well as the mask. The moisterizer is the Ultra Sensitive and I only use that during the day. I was told by Jurlique that they follow the same thing like Dr H no moisterizer at night-Just wash spray with toner or Mist and Recovery Gel. That way it gives the skin time to breath. The Recovery Gel seems to make my skin nice and in the 2 weeks that I have been using this line people have been telling me how nice my skin looks. So time will tell
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi again-still looking for reviews etc about other things in this line. Thanks my samples are almost out Laughing Laughing

46yr old red hair sensitive/normal/dehydrated skin
melissajane
5% products discount

Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the foaming cleanser only because the woman at the counter insisted i should use that one but it only made my face really tight and feel horrible. But i must say i absolutly loved the sample of the herbal recovery gel, but only for use at night. The next morning my skin was lovely but when i used it during the day under makeup it made my skin a bit dry and tight also. Will be buying a bottle of that when i can afford!
I use the day cream and am onto my second bottle and love it and will continue to use it as my day cream, only problem is that it does not contain sunscreen. Also bought a tube of the calendula cream last week and have been using that over nite and my skin has been extremely soft since using it.
Must say that i love alot of the jurlique range that i have tried and cant wait to try everything. I have alot of hormonal acne and have noticed since using these products it seems to have calmed down a bit.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
well I have been using the line for 3 weeks now-I think Iam going thru the unclogging period-a new pimple appears and goes away every other day. Iam using the Face Wash Cream am/Pm the Ultra Sensitive Face Wash the Rosewater Toner & AHC for my skin type also the HRG & eye gel at night Iam using the Face Wash the mist and eye gel. Is this normal for my face to feel oily but clearing up?

skin: sensitive/normal 46yr old red hair
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
i am loving my herbal recovery gel!
its my first jurlique purchase and i cant wait to try the others.

it's only been a week, but i think i notice a general improvement in skin tone, suppleness and more translucent. i also notice some slight peeling on my skin (very mild and no redness/irritation) so i double checked the ingredients and sure enough there's an exfoliant (lactic acid) in it.

next on my list : the neck serum and deep penetrating cream mask Laughing
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
red head - my skin is very oily too and prone to breakouts/hormonal cystic acnes. so far no new pimple has surface since i used the HRG (knock on wood). I get what you mean abt the skin clearing up and oily at the same time. i say give it time and it should return back to normal. good luck!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Just to let you know I use the Lavender Silk Dust and love it! (It looks like you are more interested in the skin care though).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Mabsy

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Poppy wrote:
i am loving my herbal recovery gel!
its my first jurlique purchase and i cant wait to try the others.

I really like this as well! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
No more Jurlique Lavender Silk Dust on EDS? I just went to look at it again but I couldn't find it....
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
The Lavendar Silk Dust is the best! I love it! Honestly, I feel like my skin looks better and clearer since I've discovered it. Smile
Mabsy

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
No more Jurlique Lavender Silk Dust on EDS? I just went to look at it again but I couldn't find it....

It still shows up for me - three above the rose silk dust. Not sure why they're separated though...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |