Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kinerase
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I have very sensitive skin, sometimes oily, sometimes dry. My pores are increased in size for the last few months, but my estitician doesn't think it is something to worry about Shock I was thinking to buy
Kinerase product for eyes and face. Does anyone have any comments about this product? My estitician said it is to early and not safe to use this line before 30 years old. Is that true Question Thanks in advance for the answer Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Laral,
I don't know much about Kinerase except I think its over-priced. However, you mentioned about enlarged pores, so I am wondering if you use Dr. H CC or Jurlique's Face Wash Cream? These two are very good at keeping pores clean and thus look smaller. From what I know, only long term use of Retin-A product and photofacial (IPL) can make pores actually smaller.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I've just started using the lotion for my eyes/face/neck over the last 2 weeks. So far I'm liking it but I think it takes several weeks/months before you really start seeing any dramatic improvements. It goes on very matte but is also moisturizing enough for my often dry skin. I haven't had any problems using it around my eye area at all. I plan to report my results after a few months of use. I believe 12 weeks is the marker that the Kinerase website uses for dramatic improvements.

This stuff is extremely mild, although it does work similar to retinols. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be okay to use for younger (20's) skin. I'm 29 but would have tried this earlier on to prevent what I have now if I had known about it. Just read through some of the reviews/websites on Kinerase and see if you think it would work for you. That's what I did before I decided to shell out the moola. Oh, and I bought mine off of ebay for $75, not $115! Very Happy
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Laral,

My dermatologist gave me a sample of Kinerase a few months ago when I went to see her. She said my face was blotchy (this was before I discovered this forum and I was not exfoliating). I started using the cream because I have extremely dry skin. I didn’t think the cost was that bad because I had been using Guinot before as a daily and nightly moisturizer but now I realize that Kinerase is costly, comparatively.

I have noticed drastic changes in my skin. I am not so blotchy and many of the fine lines around my eye area are starting to disappear. However!!!!! I have also started using at Vit C serum in the mornings, ACV toner twice a day, and I use the DermaExcel 7 from J.B. line. Plus, I am only using Kinerase cream at night and I mix it with either Jojoba or grapeseed oil.

So….all that being said…..I don’t think my dermatologist would have recommended it if it wasn’t safe for someone in there 20’s and I plan on continuing using it as a night cream for my face.

HTH and good luck!

5% products discount

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Adding my 2 cents to the discussion: I too got a sample of Kinerase from my derm a few months ago. Since I'm in my early 20s I assume this means Kinerase is safe for people in their 20s, at least according to my derm. However, I was hoping that it would fade some of my freckles, which tend to multiply in the summer. However, before I was able to see any of that, the Kinerase totally broke me out, I got tiny but itchy bumps all over my face. Fortunately they were barely visible, but they felt really itchy and irritating. I have fairly sensitive skin so I gave the cream to my mom thinking that she might do better with it, but the same thing happened to her. So, you might want to stay away from it if you have sensitive skin, I guess.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, thanks to everyone for the answers Very Happy !
I decided not to risk with Kinerase.
I think that I will try Dr. Haushka(just order it Razz )
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Laral,
Let us know how Dr. H turns out for you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I have had the same breakout experiance with the Kinerase. Have since tried it twice more as every time I go to the med/spa they push the samples of it on me but then I break out in little tiny bumps (the wash, lotion, eyecream regime). It quits as soon as I stop using it so I always go back to my old routine and swear I won't try it anymore (till they give me more samples). I must love picking up a hot horseshoe! It's just that I hear alot of people have great results with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have had the same breakout experiance with the Kinerase. Have since tried it twice more as every time I go to the med/spa they push the samples of it on me but then I break out in little tiny bumps (the wash, lotion, eyecream regime). It quits as soon as I stop using it so I always go back to my old routine and swear I won't try it anymore (till they give me more samples). I must love picking up a hot horseshoe! It's just that I hear alot of people have great results with it.

For the first week I had tiny little bumps from just using the Kinerase lotion. I don't have any of their other products. Now, I wouldn't really consider it a "breakout" because you couldn't even see them, I just felt them as I put on the lotion, mostly on my chin area. Anyway, I knew it had to be the Kinerase but I pushed on and sure enough they went away after the first week. I've been using it for about 3-4 weeks now and they have not returned. It must be something your skin has to do to adjust to the product, but it didn't bother me in the least. So far I really like this lotion!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I'll bet your right. My skin reacts strongly to so many different things that everyone else loves so I keep trying them one by one. I know way too many people who love Kinerase, and so many derms and spas recommend it over retinova and retin-a for sensitive skin so there has to be a reason.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I sure hope there is a good reason. I guess I'll see in about 8 more weeks if it's done anything for me Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 1:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |